MrPop
LOLIIII
Nya-nyan_old
WAIFUUU!!!
[ Crazy Guy ]
Just I like animes!

Sorry for my English :P
vizzy
I saw a Naruto music video that had the song 'Fields of Hope' by Tanka Rie. I was immersed into it a few months after that.
-Seren-
boredom and my eyes like watching something with super powers and effects and also anime is addictive
Yasen Baka
My friends whom I hang out with. They like to discuss and talk about anime/manga and Japanese games, so it was natural for me to be influenced by that. Peer Pressure for goodness sake?
MMzz
osu!
Shunfoi

dNextGen wrote:

Internet
walao

Shunfoi wrote:

dNextGen wrote:

Internet
This.
AmberLynx
one day i stopped going outside. the end.
Hide25
My friend when I was 12, he took me to anime world :3
PandasAndVodka
(all your stories are so interesting,compaired to mine o3o)

Inkshewolf introduced me into hetalia,then that branched off to Black Butler,then touhou,then mirai nikki,then lucky star,then puella magi madoka magica,then the melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.

now I never go outside because I have yet to finish Shugo chara! and to start Deadman's Wonderland and OHSHC to watch the many missed episodes of tokyo mew mew.

--living with a anime addiction is suffering--
Danang_25
that's strated from watched anime then like japanese song (Supercell, nano.RIPE, nano, One Ok Rock, vocaloid), 3 month later playing Visual Novel (Clannad, Shuffle, etc) :D
Nub1
It started from TV
Momochikun

Shunfoi wrote:

dNextGen wrote:

Internet
^
AstralPhnx
Internet. Oh how wonderful is the internet.
-Ryosuke
Anime
Nub1

Tuxdude143 wrote:

Internet. Oh how wonderful is the internet.
Because Internet Is Everything :)
Ideolo
When I was a kid, I had a babysitter who introduced me to anime.
We read manga together too.
mistysky
Uhhhhhh
My uncle read manga I think when he was younger and whenever I went over to their house when I was little there'd always be some manga sitting in the corner for his sons (which is why my first manga is I think Dragon Ball)...
Then when I was like in 5th grade I was reintroduced to manga, cause someone gave me mangafox.com, Then the otakuness began...
OzzyOzrock
I think I was just somehow convinced into watching Lucky Star and it started there. I don't really understand how it all worked out.
Pokefreaker
Real girls/lady/woman or whatever you call them.Its all because of them i have become an Otaku.
Raiken-
Animax.
Nub1

OzzyOzrock wrote:

I think I was just somehow convinced into watching Lucky Star and it started there. I don't really understand how it all worked out.
dis.. lol 8-)
Knarf
True HD 1080p...
downloaded via internet but can be displayed clearly even on TV.
Nub1

kookookook wrote:

True HD 1080p...
downloaded via internet but can be displayed clearly even on TV.
u have a fast connection speed :o
Snigg
I went to my friend's house and he was watching D. Gray - Man,that got me hooked into Anime and later to other Otaku stuff like VNs, Manga, etc.
kirueggy
Browsing Roku TV and saw Crunchyroll on it and was like "hmm this looks interesting" and now god help me
Gumpy
I got bored one day and dicided to watch some old animes from my childhood. When i watched them originally I assumed they were cartoons now I know they are still cartoons, but not from The rest of the world.
The Gambler
Firstly, I was persuaded by friends to watch the Madoka movies, then lost a bet and had to watch the Evangelion movies..

I'd say I had a dark start in anime...
Averine_old
mine was more like of an 'evolution' or 'advancement' of addiction. i used to love cartoons back in the days until i saw anime which has better art and storyline(and ofc ecchi! it exists :oops: ) then i just got hooked, i remember getting addicted to Naruto back in the days, nowadays i just watch everything by genre lol
The Gambler

Severithe wrote:

mine was more like of an 'evolution' or 'advancement' of addiction. i used to love cartoons back in the days until i saw anime which has better art and storyline(and ofc ecchi! it exists :oops: ) then i just got hooked, i remember getting addicted to Naruto back in the days, nowadays i just watch everything by genre lol
Well I'd say the same as well, only that I started watching at least thirty 12-episode animes within the time span of a month.. Then everything cooled down ;)
Ceph23
I don't know.
I just am
Mofu kun
Saw random nichijou clip on youtube, watched series.
Here we are now.
TheNekoNextDoor
How did I become an otaku?
Curiosity.

Before I became a real otaku, I used to watch Bakugan Battle Brawlers and Tokyo Mew Mew a lot.
Then, I joined the manga club at the school I'm currently at (it only lasted for one year) when I started, and I read the Tokyo Mew Mew manga. Then there was a year where I didn't read any manga or watch anime. Through all of that time, I was drawing in the anime/manga art style.

Then, last March, I was listening to Nightcore and was curious. I searched up "vocaloid ievan polka" and from there, I found Vocaloid.
My first proper anime I watched online was Black Rock Shooter because I liked the song, and then here I am now!
Ever since, I've been watching anime, drawing in the style, listening to J-pop and liking manga, and I hope to buy my first Nendoroid figurine soon. ^_^
[-Tsubomi-]
Well a few of my friends have told me about anime and stuff back before I really got into it. I listened to Vocaloid at a really young age and in 6th grade one of my good friends told me to watch To-Love-Ru and gave me a list of animes to get into and so I did >o< and here i am now ,
Mononeko_old
because my habit : stealing files from my friend's pc :D
joi-
Idk, watched Fullmetal Alchemist from TV or something years ago and then as a result bought some manga and looked up some more series and here we are.
Liiraye
I got a hold of the first dragonball mangas when I was like 8 and saw bulmas boobs and was like :0000
After that I didnt do much until I got the same 4 books as a present. After that I collected all the DBZ mangas. When I was like 10 or 12 idk when exactly, I saw this cool new series faller naruto on shonen jump. I went online after I read the 6th chapter in Jump and searched up my first anime other than what I saw of DBZ.

10 years later here I am. Completely fkn skewed by the shit Ive seen.
show more