forum

One Quick Question

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
chaoticnemisis
I'm new to skinning(not to image editing though, so is fairly easy), and am making a Skin for a beatmap I'm making. I was wondering if I have to use the same circle for each combo(minus the colour change). Basically what I want to do is take the 5 icons in the image below and make each one the background of one combo colour. I'll make do with one if it's impossible, but if there is a way(apart from modding OSU! itself) then I'd like to know how.

TouchFluffyTail
There's no way to do this. The closest you can get is to replace the hit circle numbers with the icons (default-#.png). Though this of course would change the icon on the hit circle per number, and would restart at 1 when it went to the next combo color. Not exactly what you're after.

You should also direct future questions like this towards this thread: t/51694
deadbeat
i believe there was actually a feature request, to allow using a different skin for each difficulty in a mapset. no idea where is it though :<

pm me if you want me to go hunt that request down. any further questions can be asked in the thread that TouchFluffyTail linked :)
Topic Starter
chaoticnemisis
Aww. That sucks. Would be an interesting option to add to the game. In my eyes(I am a programmer, albeit not pro, nor amazing) it doesn't seam to hard to implement. In the .InI you would add 1 option.
Multiple Hitcircle: with a 0,1 value indicating yes or no.
and In the game, it would cycle from one to the next on each new combo, in order, and repeat(independant on combo colour, though easy to match up if work on). If I had the OSU! source code and knew what language it was in, I might just work on a prototype for the devs to work off of. But thats really asking alot.

I personally don't really see the need for a different skin on each difficulty(unless the skin is to try and make it harder, btu again I don't see much point). I'm more looking to add a little more depth to my map. I'm mapping a Black Rock Shooter song, and would, well was hoping to use the 5 icons, but I guess I'll have to pick one out.
deadbeat

chaoticnemisis wrote:

I personally don't really see the need for a different skin on each difficulty(unless the skin is to try and make it harder,
there is a some merit to this idea really. anyway, since your question has been answered, i shall lock this now :)

deadbeat wrote:

pm me if you want me to go hunt that request down. any further questions can be asked in the thread that TouchFluffyTail linked :)
or you can send me a pm and i'll help however i can