forum

How often do you try to FC maps?

posted
Total Posts
show more
G0r
It is pointless to play a map with a goal that is less than an FC unless you are just having fun or are practicing something specific. If I can't FC a map, then I won't play it except for those two reasons. If I can FC a map too easily, then I add mods until it's now a challenge. When I FC it I do it again with more mods. Often times I reach a point where I can't keep improving my score on that map, so I move on to others until I can, or I simply use the map for practice and fun. At least that's what I did when I used to play regularly.
GoldenWolf
I always try to FC if the map is around my skill level, if it's too easy I just skip it or don't play it seriously.
Main thing that prevents me from FCing => Stress and squares.
koromo
I don't really aim for FC or anything most of the time, and I hate retrying, "when it comes, it comes", I guess. I only really care about accuracy so I try to get HR A on everything at least.

It hurts when I get scores like this and this, but I don't really grind for FC, I'm just not like that.

So I guess my answer to OP's questions would be "not often". Also I don't particularly care about map difficulty, but I tend to avoid super insane crazy maps because I can't get A on those.
Silverboxer
chelly
I FC everything I can. I FC Hard/Insane maps to warm-up. It's a habit I have. Even on maps I've already previously FC'd, I will constantly retry 20+ times until I FC it. It just doesn't feel "complete" if I pass a map without a full/near-full combo.

That said, I'm too lazy to FC super-easy 2 star maps and I'm still trying to work on Insane maps. It's usually Hard maps that I FC.
Thatgooey
I used to be impatient with maps that are 1k+ notes, and wouldn't retry them. Now I straight up retry them without blinking with hd/hr on, no matter how far in the song I am. Even if I get a bunch of 100's at the end and I know I can improve the score, I instantly pound the retry button. The satisfaction you get from grinding a map for 20-30 minutes and finally getting a solid FC is a nice feeling. I never liked doing it, and would just play a map 2-3 times and move on if I didn't full combo. I finally took a step back to see why I was plateauing so hard, and noticed that I put no WORK into the game. I just played random stuff and expected to get better. I was wrong. Now I grind a map for 100 retries that is 1100 notes long for 35 minutes and it is perfectly normal to me. I am way better now than I was two weeks ago due to playing 100% hd/hr only with the intent to full combo. If I see a song or map set that I like, I go for it. I am a lot happier as a player now I think. My play has gotten noticeably crisper and more accurate.
Lucid Astray
Everytime i play a map i do intent to FC it. If i don't use mods on 1st play i can FCthe map with like 65% success rate on good acc. And if I FC it i add HD, HR.

And what stops me from FCing? Random misses. Well, if I really want to FC sth with good acc (lol, "good", i should've say average) acc i just repeat the map untill i do that. it takes me less than 50 retries i guess? Usually it's around 10-20. (not speaking of maps that i just CAN'T FC)

Engrish ftw.
enik
Usually I play everything once trying to:
SS -> FC -> high acc pass -> beat my old score. if nothing happened get frustrated and move to the next song
Rarely give it more than one try if the map is cool and I know I can do one of the goals above in a few tries.
Else I practice something or just derping around.
Kalas_old
it depends on the song.
If I like the song and when I am motivated I could do 100 retries in a row, but usually I try once a day to FC a map and if not I will try it the next time I play osu! again.
puncia
I try to FC maybe 1/2 maps everyday, which I know or not. It's just boring trying to FC maps I already know I can FC (that's why I use HD on those maps). Sometimes I just try to FC new ranked maps, but I give up if I see I'll never FC it.
Every time I try to FC maps like 0108 or Nogard, I aim for highest combo (don't much care about accuracy at all, since I can't even FC), which makes me beat my own records.
Bites
I FC stuff that I know I can FC.

It only took me two tries to FC o'er the flood - loved that song so much.
Natsu
I always try to FC since i love play with HD most of the time o3o i retry like 10 times for map o.o
Winshley
I won't stop until I SS'd certain map.

It took me 2 months semi-nonstop to SS Ryuuseigun with HT. orz
she_old
Needs poll!

Never, because boring.
Also the FCs I made were just plays that took no skill, and just happen to be coincidence, I didn't try at all.

Although I did retry http://osu.ppy.sh/s/24110 like 5 times with DT to try and FC it because it's so easy and only has 2 DTs on it(and the song is cute ;v; ), but I got bored.
Aquamarine
Once in a blue moon. When I was new I SS'd a lot of easy maps though. Was fun.
Varetyr
when I feel the need to get some Performance Points => occasionally.
CXu
Try to FC maps? Always.
-Soba-
I FC easy maps because I'm bad
Starz0r
I FC everything, even in Multiplayer.
darkmiz
When I want to raise pp, I try to FC easy insanes with hidden.
Claire_old_1
too often -_-
BeatofIke
Not much! I hate whoring maps. It causes me to rage, which is not worth it.
I just try a few times and move on. I usually FC maps randomly via multiplayer or at sightread or two.

Just have fun playing osu and never have to rage.
Plushies
If I can see myself FCing a map then I will try very hard to. If I just can't then I make it a new goal to FC it and come back to it every day or so. If I obviously can't FC then I skip it and move on.
boat
I play with sudden death because my korean parents will scold me if I get an A.
Kurokami
I always try to FC them but at least (if the map is very hard, mean like Because Maybe) get S on them.
Vmx
I miss at the end and rq
Mithos
I don't like grinding the fun maps because there is no point of playing them again after if you already have an S on it
-Seren-
only when that song/map is my fave but mostly it is based on the song. lol
Big Yikes
Rokk
I always aim to play the best I can. But I don't actively keep retrying maps. I just try and get a good score on one map and then I play another. In the process, I will FC a map every now and then.
- O n i -
when I feel like beating some friend's scores

or

when I like the song and it feels FC-able

best ones are accidental FCs
KinkiN
Almost everytime i play a map, i try to FC it. Mostly i try to SS it. But it's only if possible. I know my limit, although sometimes i break my own limit. lol
zozozofun
Only trying to FC when I like the song, if not, I'll quit after 1~2 tries.
Martinawa
Almost never. Sometimes when I download some new ranked map i try to FC it but if it doesn't work at the first try I even don't care about it and leave the map unless I like it a lot.
benguin
I tend to play maps with a variety of difficulty, anything from where I know I can SS up to things I can't even pass (but I can at least read). I play the easy maps so I can focus on improving my accuracy and I play harder things so I can focus on improving my speed. Anything too easy or too hard I don't play because it won't help me at all in improving.

When it comes to whoring songs, I'll whore them for an fc if I think it's fc'able and it's a song I like. Same thing for passes.
thelewa
I try to FC songs whenever I play them, or at least get as high a combo as possible. That's the point of this game, so getting better while losing consistency in terms of Full Comboing is a no-go. That's why I at least aim for an FC on every map where I deem it physically possible, and try to get as high a combo as possible on maps that are too fast for me.
she_old
Whenever I feel like I can set a great dt score on it, rarely nomod.
Meh the change from never to quite a bit ;n;
nrl
I usually play through a map just to see how it is, and if it's something I feel I can FC I'll go for it. If I definitely can't FC it I play as far through as I can just to push myself, but I'll quit before the end because I hate having B's and C's on maps :x
Tamako Lumisade
It depends.

Usually 3-4 times, but if I notice, that I can do really better, I just repeat it over and over, till I'll lost my patience. n_n
HoneyCakeZ

Pizzicato wrote:

if the map is too long, and it's hard enough to make me miss randomly, i wont grind the map. retrying long maps is painful
This.
show more