forum

osu! Public Release (b20130325)

posted
Total Posts
show more
ryza
I think that's immature, and that you should be more considerate of the thousands of users you have (this isn't a small community anymore!), but do what you like. I can't stop you, but I'm still going to voice my opinion, and hope you'll at least put some thought into it.

(I guess it's 2 million total accounts? Although a while ago you said only 300,000~ or so were active, still, that is quite a large userbase)
Topic Starter
peppy
Is impossible to please everyone :P.

Also I'm not sure you should speak on behalf of the community as a whole. Other people may not share your opinions about the way I develop being "inconsiderate".
ryza
I'll speak on behalf of myself, and the many people that I know for a fact agree. Would you like me to gather them to post in this thread?

And I don't quite understand why you are so against letting people use older versions of the software or older features in place of newer ones that they dislike. What's wrong with letting people customize the game interface as they see fit?

Also, to me, personally, the unified ranking is almost 100% useless. Why is it being forced upon me every time I restart a map? You can at least add in a setting that saves whether or not you have the unified ranking box checked. This is an actual suggestion for the update, and one I strongly feel should be implemented.
Topic Starter
peppy
Please read up. I've already addressed the unified ranking issues.
RoyalMilkTea
Also, you're doing the same thing you did with the last update - forcing a large change (full of bugs) with very minimal testing on the entire playerbase.
You're obviously new here. This is how I've developed osu! for the last 6 years and I don't intend on changing that. The fact that bugs are fixed within hours if not days should be enough to counter any negatives brought on by this rapid release cycle.

If you would like to help with testing, you can join the few people on the test server that tend to help me test. Anyone is welcome to help.
Is that what the Osu Test Program was for? I haven't figured out where it is but I'd like to help out!

EDIT:Added quotes, I was unaware that there were more posts to read. And sorry if I'm interrupting something.
Shadow

Willi096 wrote:

Also, you're doing the same thing you did with the last update - forcing a large change (full of bugs) with very minimal testing on the entire playerbase.
You're obviously new here. This is how I've developed osu! for the last 6 years and I don't intend on changing that. The fact that bugs are fixed within hours if not days should be enough to counter any negatives brought on by this rapid release cycle.

If you would like to help with testing, you can join the few people on the test server that tend to help me test. Anyone is welcome to help.
Is that what the Osu Test Program was for? I haven't figured out where it is but I'd like to help out!

EDIT:Added quotes, I was unaware that there were more posts to read.
When you run osume.exe, you can click the osu!test check box in the extra's tab, and it will download the osu!test.exe into your osu root folder. Of course this only works for supporters.
RoyalMilkTea
Oh, I was looking in Osu, not the folder. Thanks for the help~ How do I know what I'm testing and what I'm looking for though?
Sakura

Willi096 wrote:

Oh, I was looking in Osu, not the folder. Thanks for the help~ How do I know what I'm testing and what I'm looking for though?
http://ha.ppy.sh/

Edit: Also feel free to ask in the test server's chat :)
RoyalMilkTea
Sankyuu Sakura~
ryza

peppy wrote:

Please read up. I've already addressed the unified ranking issues.
Link me to the post? I read through the whole thread and I'm not seeing it. Of course if I missed it, then that's my bad and I apologize.
FlyingKiwi
Can we please have the Top 400 back? Also, it would be better if you make a scoreboard that has all the players that have played the map
Sakisan
What happened ? Yesterday it was working fine : I could see all my friends score, local score, the top6 and a bunch of score made with the mods I had selected. Today on the same maps I only get a bunch of scores with the same mod and local scores. No top 6, no friends score. :(
I liked it a lot like it was yesterday, except that there were too many score in the "same mods"category.
FlyingKiwi

Piotrekol wrote:

So we can't see top 400 anymore?
not that i need it~ :3
Why not? then people can't see your score
Topic Starter
peppy
I've changed this behaviour slightly in the release today.
ryza
Thanks, this looks much better! Less clutter overall and easier to find the information you're looking for.
iMirai_old
I love this update
Please add "Country" filter too! Pleaseeeeeee ;_;
Zare
Thanks peppy, this is about perfect now.
Antero
game crashes if you press F2 while filtering local scores
Ziggo
I like this much better than the last attempt, thx peppy.
YodaSnipe

119410501 wrote:

Wow actually, I really like this idea. I don't know about other countries' player base, but at least in Canada I know we like to compare against each other quite a lot. This would be really fantastic to see as an option in game.
Senryakku
the actual one is nice ! add even more filters if you can :P
CXu
I seriously don't understand what the "rank" in the friends scoreboard is xD They just look like random numbers.
Also, your own score should be added to the friends scoreboard. I'd like to actually compare my score to my friends; not just looking at them :P
Zare

CXu wrote:

I seriously don't understand what the "rank" in the friends scoreboard is xD They just look like random numbers.
Also, your own score should be added to the friends scoreboard. I'd like to actually compare my score to my friends; not just looking at them :P
Your online record is still shown below, so you actually can compare it. o.o
helion

Zarerion wrote:

Your online record is still shown below, so you actually can compare it. o.o
Having your score at the correct place would be more intuitive though because you could instantly see who had better or worse scores than you.
bomber34
Wow i love this seperation :D

YodaSnipe wrote:

119410501 wrote:

Wow actually, I really like this idea. I don't know about other countries' player base, but at least in Canada I know we like to compare against each other quite a lot. This would be really fantastic to see as an option in game.
Yeah, that's it, that would be really useful, also because for the majority, the friends you care more are not ALL the ones in your friendlist but especially the ones from your same country, it's less spammy than a Friendlist
dMaxb
So...I updated my osu! today and now my osu! immediately becomes not responding whenever I press random or F2 button in beatmap selection. Anyone else having the same problem?
Scrumize
really good job peppy. Keep it up ^^
I also agree with local rankings section. It would be cool. hope to see that in the future :3
Cobra
Thank you peppy! :D

One thing though: You should make it so you can see yourself on friend's leaderboards for easy comparison. You don't want the 2nd best friend to be "#1 out of your friends", you want to be #1 out of everyone. (friends and including yourself). If that makes sense.
Luna
The ranking split now is a huge improvement, thanks a lot!
I absolutely love the friends filter :D

/E: It still sometimes scrolls to my score but sometimes doesn't. Not sure if intentional and I just can't see the pattern when it happens. I'd really prefer if it didn't scroll but this is small enough that I could get used to it.
Squichu
Love the way the ranking is now, good job!! ovo
shaneoyo
Well done peps.
Sakisan
There we go. This format can stay in my opinion. Easy to understand, easy to use. Thanks again !
Birdy
I would be fine with this, but every time I change song/play/do pretty much anything, it reticks the Unified thing. Requesting it to keep itself unticked, if unticked once.

Static Noise Bird wrote:

I would be fine with this, but every time I change song/play/do pretty much anything, it reticks the Unified thing. Requesting it to keep itself unticked, if unticked once.
It's already changed again.
XPJ38
Much better now, thanks :)

This isn't really a bug, but the mention "Local: XX" when displaying local ranking is now redundant with "Top: XX" and should be removed.

Damnae
I think it would be clearer if the "Same mod" option was named "Current mod" instead. "Same mod" seems to mean "same mod as your online score".

Also it would be nice to see yourself listed in the friends section, to quickly see how good you did compared to your friends (which is the main point of this filter).
VelperK

Damnae wrote:

I think it would be clearer if the "Same mod" option was named "Current mod" instead. "Same mod" seems to mean "same mod as your online score".

Also it would be nice to see yourself listed in the friends section, to quickly see how good you did compared to your friends (which is the main point of this filter).
Or rather change it to "Selected mod", I think that'd be much clearer.
MarkSSS
Look at the situation
Yocake
Much better
mochi
good stuff
Silody
good job
ErunamoJAZZ
"You need to be a supporter to use this feature, sorry!" <- LOL, I really wanted to see the top of friends, hehehe, when can ($$ :| ), I get supporter.

Also, I agree the idea of top country, I think that would help a lot to noobs become more competitive among them (especially in countries like mine, where there are not so many players).
Tsukimi Luna
sadfasig
I still dont understand the new ranks
shaneoyo
* delete *
Lunarhiro
Well this is pretty awesome! :3

Wish my old mouse would stop being broken...that or wish my new mouse would be more able for osu!

Would so use the hell out of this Update... <3 Osu!!!!!
SoND

peppy wrote:

Show local scores is gone forever unless you play offline (logout).
Why? I like to occasionally compare an old replay to a more recent play. Logging out will be a pain. Why would you do this? Is there any benefit to anyone?

I liked viewing top 400 because I'm more likely to float in those ranks than top 100 and I like to see how badly I'm doing compared to others.
MillhioreF
Local scores are back... this is an old announcement, silly :?
Andrea
Please don't post here anymore.

Latest public release announcement is here.
-[ DamnAll ]-
I love these updates/Releases :D