forum

[resolved] Ingame Video Tutorial

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
deadbeat

theowest wrote:

seems like people always miss things to do with osu. there should be a tutorial of some sort showing you everything you can do with this game.

some beginner information maybe?
i saw this and though it might be interesting to have a video or something that comes with osu that quickly goes over things like beatmap sorting, downloading maps, how to interact with other users and what not.

any thoughts and opinions on something like that?
RBRat3
Unless its short as hell I can see most people skipping/overlooking it. From a play point of view its pretty straight forward and thats what most care about.
theowest
you'd probably want to watch such video if you want to learn more about this game. if you already know how things work, just skip it.
RBRat3

theowest wrote:

you'd probably want to watch such video if you want to learn more about this game. if you already know how things work, just skip it.
Thats what the wiki/faq is for let alone the menu tips and in-game chat which im sure some kind person would answer if a question was asked.

And to add onto this is that the game and site is ever changing where re-writing up to date literature is easier than keeping a tut video up to date which im sure someone would lose interest in constantly producing material for it.
Topic Starter
deadbeat
i thought the faq/wiki would be brought up at some point. the problem is the faq doesn't cover everything and not everyone notices both the faq or the wiki.
what about instead of something ingame. how about something under the Download osu!, osu! goodies and support osu! on the main home page that has a link to a video tutorial thats hosted up on the wiki. it would be easy to see and fine. and would maybe increase the number of people pay attention to the wiki at the same time.
theowest

RBRat3 wrote:

theowest wrote:

Thats what the wiki/faq is for let alone the menu tips and in-game chat which im sure some kind person would answer if a question was asked.
Most people find it easier to navigate and learn with youtube videos than reading a bunch of wiki articles going more in depth.

This would also be good for those who have not yet been introduced to osu! yet.
Topic Starter
deadbeat
yay bumps
would this still be useful now that this is underway?
t/109137
Kuro

deadbeat wrote:

yay bumps
would this still be useful now that this is underway?
t/109137
lol, looks like it's time for your request to shine, seeing as they would go hand-in-hand
Archangel Tirael
It's very increase weight of the game. No support, but I have another idea for osu! and osu!tutorial:

(Unfortunately, I now have no time to write all this ... So the essence of my ideas, I will post later.)
theowest
Then just let it stream/download in-game.
Topic Starter
deadbeat

deadbeat wrote:

what about instead of something ingame. how about something under the Download osu!, osu! goodies and support osu! on the main home page that has a link to a video tutorial thats hosted up on the wiki. it would be easy to see and fine. and would maybe increase the number of people pay attention to the wiki at the same time.
TheVileOne
We will need people to do videos before this could ever be implemented. :p
jemhuntr
lol the video project >.< xD
theowest

JeMhUnTeR wrote:

lol the video project >.< xD
the topic is in better condition than ever right now, so let the video making begin.