forum

Top 25 Players of 2012 (osu! Standard) Discussion Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
Liut
I still don't get if thelewa is like those girls who complaing on facebook that they are too fat ,even when they are like 20 kgs, just for hear from the other they actually are not.
kriers

Liutprando wrote:

I still don't get if thelewa is like those girls who complaing on facebook that they are too fat ,even when they are like 20 kgs, just for hear from the other they actually are not.
He's not doing it for that purpose. His self-esteem is genuinely low.

A better comparison would be comparing lewa's inability to aknowledge his own skill to that of an anorectic girl to realize she's not fat, but dangerously skinny.
Purple

kriers wrote:

He's not doing it for that purpose. His self-esteem is genuinely low.

A better comparison would be comparing lewa's inability to aknowledge his own skill to that of an anorectic girl to realize she's not fat, but dangerously skinny.
I also think that thelewa is dangerously good at the game. Not on a lily-kun level but I do recognize his capabilities outside of accuracy whoring.
Yarissa
I think you deserve top 25 lewa

There are PLENTY of pro players. I do agree with you there. There are an INCREDIBLE amount of unknown japanese/ korean players that choose not to farm pp or to set highscores just because that's not what they're interested in. However they do still consistently beat players like you and I in multiplayer. By no means am I saying I'm as good as you. What I am saying, however, is that while pp may be inaccurate it is the best system we have to measure skill right now. You got well known through that system for a reason.

Besides, you have some really pro high acc replays. You consistently nearly SS every song I see you try and that's not something just ANYONE can do. So if you get a spot, you should accept it and be humble about it
jesse1412

thelewa wrote:

Replays should be from 2012? I think it would only makes sense to exclude replays that were done in 2013.
I don't see why not. As long as the replay is evidence that you're a good player and it shows that you're active I don't see the problem.
Salvage
the amount of emo comments is too damn high!
Zexous

thelewa wrote:

Replays should be from 2012? I think it would only makes sense to exclude replays that were done in 2013.
Something to consider though, lesslunatic included plays from 2012 in the best of 2011 video.
kriers
which was frowned upon. Let's not do it again.
fartownik
Kay, some other suggestions from me:

- a nice, proper intro with some short tune would be nice (something like in lesslunatic's from 2011, but with different music)
- a short description of each player would be good too (a text or voice one), with their playstyle, preferred mods, some best records maybe? just something personal about each player; also commenting EVERY player, not only top5, goes with this suggestion as well
- a description of a replay played with the used mods, accuracy and place on the beatmap (for ex. Hidden + HardRock, 99,5%, #1 etc.) and ofcourse a beatmap name
- also please think twice before picking replays D: (for ex. Torein's replay from 2011 was a really lame pick)

This might seem like a lot of text/other things appearing on the screen during replays, but if you do it in a proper way it might turn out really good.
Also you can use skins of some players from my Players Skin Compendium.
sunnywkn
I'll be appreciate if you provide some subtitles
Topic Starter
Kanye West
The poll will close Friday, January 25th @11:59 PM GMT, or if the thread fills 20 pages, whichever comes first.
If you haven't voted/finished your vote, do it soon.
Wishy
Some of the skins from the compendium may be outdated, I suggest you just ask each player if possible and if you can't contact them try using the compilation instead.
Zexous

fartownik wrote:

Kay, some other suggestions from me:

- a nice, proper intro with some short tune would be nice (something like in lesslunatic's from 2011, but with different music) ok
- a short description of each player would be good too (a text or voice one), with their playstyle, preferred mods, some best records maybe? just something personal about each player; also commenting EVERY player, not only top5, goes with this suggestion as well we were already planning on doing this
- a description of a replay played with the used mods, accuracy and place on the beatmap (for ex. Hidden + HardRock, 99,5%, #1 etc.) and ofcourse a beatmap name ya
- also please think twice before picking replays D: (for ex. Torein's replay from 2011 was a really lame pick) ok

This might seem like a lot of text/other things appearing on the screen during replays, but if you do it in a proper way it might turn out really good.
Also you can use skins of some players from my Players Skin Compendium.
Topic Starter
Kanye West
I've already PMed some players that I pretty much know are going to be in the video asking for what replays they wanted. All of them so far seem fine. I'm okay with more commentary than five players, but based on the number of commentators I have now, this wouldn't be possible unless they were willing to commentate for more than one player.
silmarilen
i love how wishy just copied the top15 pp
thelewa
pp is accurate! you heard it here first!
Topic Starter
Kanye West
So far I have six commentators, I was thinking I should try to get more and try to get commentary for the top 10 instead of 5. Thoughts?
kriers
Here's a thing I've had in mind for how the players should be commentated.

I remember back in the 2010 video there was one thing that I really liked, and that was when several commentators mentioned a player. In this case cookiezi got a review from 3 people which in my opinion gave a more throughout feel of recognition towards that player.

Something in the style interactive narrating would be pretty cool, and obviously some editing to show which person are talking at that moment.

So let's not read up a whole essay by ourselves on one player alone. It sounds staged and pretty boring if you ask me.
Zare
great idea kriers, would make the whole video seem a little bit more lively and interactive, less static. (If you understand what i mean)

Also, I thought about trying to commentate too, but unfortunately, that won't happen, because I
a) am too unknown, my opinion would be worthless compared to kriers' or lewa's (obviously, since I have far less experience) and
b) have no proper microphone or headset, i suppose you want some quality in this video
jesse1412
Commentating just isn't fun without lewa...
Topic Starter
Kanye West
Got the top 25 set. Contacted most players and all commentators.
thelewa

jesus1412 wrote:

Commentating just isn't fun without lewa...
but I'm going to be commentating
Mirage

Sorry I ment
#1 Lewa
Mismagius
hey I got two votes

from brazilian people but still
Aqo
One thing to point out about picking play videos: will you only use ranked maps and only FCs or will you also use plays from unranked maps? Stuff like rrtyui 85% HRHD on Gotsta0108 or Niko's and lewa's plays on Waltz of the big dogs can be more interesting than some ranked FCs that everybody already has easy access to their replays. Niko turned off hitsounds to get better accuracy. xoxoxo
Cookiezi's 97% on L'erisia is probably more interesting than his FC on FD, etc.
thelewa

Maddy wrote:

Sorry I ment
#1 Lewa
1x100 now

hail to the king, baby

also if we're allowed to use replays from 2013 I'm going to use this

nothing in the world can match this
jesse1412

thelewa wrote:

Maddy wrote:

Sorry I ment
#1 Lewa
1x100 now

hail to the king, baby

nothing in the world can match this
WHAT IS THIS
Topic Starter
Kanye West

thelewa wrote:

Sorry, no. Save it for next year I guess :/

Aqo wrote:

One thing to point out about picking play videos: will you only use ranked maps and only FCs or will you also use plays from unranked maps? Stuff like rrtyui 85% HRHD on Gotsta0108 or Niko's and lewa's plays on Waltz of the big dogs can be more interesting than some ranked FCs that everybody already has easy access to their replays. Niko turned off hitsounds to get better accuracy. xoxoxo
Cookiezi's 97% on L'erisia is probably more interesting than his FC on FD, etc.
I'm using whatever the player wants me to use. Doesn't have to be an FC.
Juphie
Commentators should be able to speak proper English.
silmarilen
can you also make the full list with how muh points they got public?
Zare

kreph wrote:

Commentators should be able to speak proper English.
no shit sherlock
thelewa
It's not really obvious if you think about last year's video
Topic Starter
Kanye West
I'm more concerned about our American commentators' English than the others. *cough*
enik
What about replay repetition like rrtyui Big Black FC? I mean, yes, it's very impressive score and he will definitely choose it, but we already saw absolutely the same from cookiezi last year.
Wishy
Please don't get commentators that guy a terrible microphone/dead guy voice.
lolcubes

Wishy wrote:

dead guy voice.
More details pls. :D
Wishy
I share a TeamSpeak server with some people who sounds like they are dying everytime they talk. :(
kriers
don't worry that' not gonna happen to meBLURGHHURGHBLERGHGAH
FlameseeK

Maddy wrote:

Sorry I ment
#1 Lewa
Holy mother of accuracy, why? Stuff like this should be censored, seriously.
Macacito
why only 3 votes? i should be 1 on that video
show more