PSY vs. Perfume - A Gangnam Style Hurly Burly [Taiko|Osu]

posted
Total Posts
show more
HeatKai
gotta love the rabbit
Hinsvar

p3n wrote:

[Hinsvar's EXTRA STYLE]You can keep CS5 if you have a different reason than "because my map will show above 'Insane' with CS4". This map is already designed with CS5 in mind, and using CS4 will make this a completely different thing. In my opinion, circle size is one of the most important thing on designing a map, and using a different size than the one I have used will ruin the map itself.

00:42:768 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - still badly overmapped. remove (2) and (4) to make it fit the song Done.

01:18:223 (1) - the sudden increase in spacing after this slider kills the good flow of this part. I'll try to explain what actually makes this whole part play as nice as it does and why the spacing after this slider is "bad": 01:16:404 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - the 1/4 jumps (slider -> circle/slider-stack) of those 2 combos are equally spaces hence the equal movement of the cursor. However 01:18:223 (1,2,3) - and 01:19:132 (1,2,3) - don't match at all. I highly recommend to move 01:18:223 (1) - to achieve a similar distance/pattern as in 01:19:132 (1,2,3) - : http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/524585 <--- if you move it to this point also adjust 01:19:132 (1,2,3) - to be on the same spot to make the transition better. Done. Not really sure about 01:19:132 (1,2,3) though...

01:39:473 (3,4) - why is this so far to the right? The 1/4 jumps are very challenging even if the player is expecting them and you should aim to present your challenges in a readable way that has some consistency. Improving the flow here is crucial. A consistent pattern fits best here (what the actual pattern looks like is up to you, this placement is just a suggestion): http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/524570 Not sure if I did it right... But eh, I changed stuff here.

01:50:041 (1,2,3) - I don't know if this placement is intended...if not try to allign both sliders to the same height ...That must've been accidental. Aligned.
Thanks again \o/

Update given to IchiGUN \o/
p3n

Hinsvar wrote:

This map is already designed with CS5 in mind, and using CS4 will make this a completely different thing. In my opinion, circle size is one of the most important thing on designing a map, and using a different size than the one I have used will ruin the map itself.
This is what I wanted to see. Using CS5 or even CS6 demands higher precision in mapping and much more thoughts have to go into crafting transitions between patterns. While the high accuracy concept isn't implemented "perfectly" in your map, it is now at a level I consider rankable. I asked some tablet players to play this map and they had no problems after learning the unique 1/4 jump pattern. I could FC it after way less than 10 plays with mouse only (mostly missed the last stream because I suck at streams).

There is one last thing I missed in my last mod:

[Hinsvar's EXTRA STYLE]
01:20:041 - 1st KIAI should end here to make it consistent with the other diffs. The end of the 1st KIAI in 'Easy' is on a different timing because of the spinner.
01:50:041 (1,3) - are still not alligned properly but it doesn't really matter that much.

No kd for this post. Try to catch me ingame or drop a PM after the update.
p3n
KIAI in EXTRA is fixed now. EXTRA is also a very unique map with the repeating 1/4 jumps. I've seen enough ppl FC the EXTRA in the first few tries so here you go: (>o.o)>
Flask
Yeah \o\
riffy
Oppan bubble style
Niva
Hi IchiGUN~
I'm just pointing up the unrankable things here, please don't kudosu:

1. Remove first break from BakaCI STYLE, to make it consistent with other diffs? After that, I recommend +1 to HP Drain, Overall Difficulty and Approach Rate - I feel it's better that way (:
  2. Also remove letterbox in breaks from BakaCI STYLE for consistency (not fully required though, due to other diffs doesn't have break)
  3. Hinsvar's Extra Style: 02:00:495 (2) - I can't sightread this slider's repeat on test mode orz (covered by hitburst), my suggestion would be something like this: ((4) and (5) is stacked to your previous red combo)
  4. Your storyboard still has unnecessary transparency around it
Here's the SB elements without unnecessary transparency: http://up.ppy.sh/files/wa7.zip (don't worry, no SB code needs to be changed :3)

------------------------------

EDIT : I was getting so many highlights on #indonesian while checking this orz, I hope I didn't miss anything...

Ranked ~
Topic Starter
IchiGUN
Thanks p3n for bubble and Niva for rank :D it really was a surprise!
thank you all, who helped me in creating this map, I hope you enjoy it.
\ (^.^) /

Xinely
gratz ichiGUN and all who give GD for ichiGUN :)
riffy
OPPAN BakaCI STYLE ♥
Topic Starter
IchiGUN

Xinely wrote:

gratz ichiGUN and all who give GD for ichiGUN :)
thx =^^=
Sonnyc
Gratz~~
Frostmourne
gratz IchiGUN !!
Flask
*w* Gratz !!
spboxer3
finally~ congratz!!!
Kanari
Congrats ~ >w<
Kawayi Rika
Omedeto IchiGUN ~ finally ~ :)
Nichiyouki
Congrats IchiGUN ;)
Topic Starter
IchiGUN
Thank you very much, all of you!! I'm very happy :cry:
Kunieda
Congrats ! :3
-Neipezi
Congrats~ :D
Strawberry
congratz~
Pokie
Congratulations <3
Konei
Aw god this again.

Congratz :3
XinCrin
Congratz :D
Riri_old
What is this?
HeatKai
congrats :>
GamerX4life
Congratz! :D
Pereira006
love this map :3

Congratz !!
Aoriki
Oh hey, it got ranked.

Congratz.
Blaziken
Amazing map
Shin Nakagawa
lol awesome mixing.
Congratz ~
SapphireGhost
Wow, it's ranked already, okay then. Good job!
p3n

SapphireGhost wrote:

Wow, it's ranked already, okay then. Good job!
surprised SG is surprised! *poke*

GZ on the rank!
wowshakhov
\:D/\:D/\:D/
Topic Starter
IchiGUN
Thank you all :)
Nessuka
I hate the insane diff, it's ugly. sorry :/
those
Nobody bothered to check the storyboard?
Suimya
Gratz =w=
yeahyeahyeahhh
The rabbit it doing the dance incorrectly.
show more