forum

Fall 2012 Anime Season First Impressions

posted
Total Posts
show more
Seph

UnderminE wrote:

Also what the hell, from OniAi:
I was watching it with a friend and it lagged on that part and it looked like she was blowing him LOL
Fumika
Where is Robotics;Notes D:
Mianki
Laughed a lot during the second episode of Ixion Saga DT, guess it's not your thing UnderminE :P
UnderminE
I prefer Magi for laugh P:
xsrsbsns
Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai
Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun

Code:Breaker
Btooom
Little Busters

Onii-chan Dakedo Ai Sae Areba Kankeinai yo ne

nothing much to add so just colours
Drexel13
my first impressions:
It was nice, and some of them was really great...
..except,
Hayate no Gotoku -Can't Take My Eyes of You-
[I'm disappointed with the art and the story that was changed, oh God why?]
Tesu
l :?
UnderminE
Weekly Playboy News released an interview with director Motohiro Katsuyuki and writer Urobuchi Gen about new anime Psycho-Pass. Motohiro said he didn't allow the production staff to use the word "moe" in the discussion meeting. "This anime goes against the current trend of anime industry. So it'll either be a complete failure or a great success." Urobuchi said Motohiro protects him from noitamina producer's demands to add appealing elements for female audience.

Urobuchi said this anime has cruel scenes both physically and mentally. Motohiro joked that he wanted kids audience to have a trauma for life by watching this anime.
I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS FOR YEARS, SERIOUSLY FOR YEARS. God I knew that I would love this one.
NoHitter
Psycho-Pass:
Looks awesome to me. I like the concept and the characters so far.
Mianki

UnderminE wrote:

Weekly Playboy News released an interview with director Motohiro Katsuyuki and writer Urobuchi Gen about new anime Psycho-Pass. Motohiro said he didn't allow the production staff to use the word "moe" in the discussion meeting. "This anime goes against the current trend of anime industry. So it'll either be a complete failure or a great success." Urobuchi said Motohiro protects him from noitamina producer's demands to add appealing elements for female audience.

Urobuchi said this anime has cruel scenes both physically and mentally. Motohiro joked that he wanted kids audience to have a trauma for life by watching this anime.
I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS FOR YEARS, SERIOUSLY FOR YEARS. God I knew that I would love this one.
Nice.

Aoi Sekai no Chuushin de
Oh man, this is definitely the worst anime yet. Made it halfway on the first episode and I had to stop. Honestly I don't know if the creators were being serious when they made this or not.
Sallad4ever

Mianki wrote:

Aoi Sekai no Chuushin de
Oh man, this is definitely the worst anime yet. Made it halfway on the first episode and I had to stop. Honestly I don't know if the creators were being serious when they made this or not.
The worst anime this season, heck even if it's the same fantasy theme I'll take Ixion than this.

Psycho Pass, cool stuff as expected of Urobuchi Gen. Thinking about moe+Urobuchi Gen there's already a great success in the past so I can say where that quote from UndermiE coming.

Edit: JoJo's opening ROCKS!! It reeks of awesomeness and badassery. My most favorite opening this season
Melounet
I prefer Chu-2 byo demo KOI ga shitai's opening
also love Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun & Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo
UnderminE
Little Busters op.
JonnyThatJonny
Jojo's is looking really good even with the low budget involved, it's my most hyped show from this season and I'm not disappointed.
I'm really enjoying robotic;notes even though nothing major has yet happened.
Tonari no kaibutsu kun and chuunibyou demo etc are both being really enjoyable.

Other than that, Little Busters is being pretty boring, but since it's a VN adaptation the start is always oh so boring so I guess that's expected.
K went from a flashy and rather entertaining first episode into something incredibly boring. Zetsuen no Tempest on the other hand, starts incredibly boring and is now pretty flashy and decently entertaining.
Btooom started average and keeps kinda average, although it seems like it will improve on the following weeks.
Busou Shinki moe moe moe moe mastah moe moe moe mastah
Psycho Pass had a pretty okay start, I feel it's one of those shows that will either be amazing or mediocre.
Shinsekai Yori makes me fall asleep every episode untill now. If it wasn't such a hyped and promising show I would've dropped it by now.
Sukki-te etc is oh so generic. 10/10 if you enjoy generic romance.
Sakurasou no Pet I DON'T REALLY KNOW. I really like the char design and animation and like the whole setup. But I'm not really enjoying where they're taking it.

I'm still not sure I'll follow Magi, but either way, great 1st episode and not-so-good 2nd episode (sudden animation quality DROP, what happened).
Speaking of DROP, dropped Hadena onii-chan etc etc. It's awful. Was almost growing into guilty pleasure but nah, I'm already watching enough this season.
UnderminE
So how is the season going for you guys?
Seph
Dropped so many shows, well w/e :[
Topic Starter
blissfulyoshi
I can't seem to amuse myself with any serious show this season. They are above par, but I still feel bored watching them. As a result, I ended dropping a lot and only watching comedy shows.
Sallad4ever

blissfulyoshi wrote:

I can't seem to amuse myself with any serious show this season. They are above par, but I still feel bored watching them. As a result, I ended dropping a lot and only watching comedy shows.
Me too, dropped Little Buster, Shinsekai Yori, & Zetsuen no Tempest also on the verge of dropping K
UnderminE
Dropped K, sadly.
Tesu
all are epic !
NoHitter
I don't think I'll be dropping any of the ones I'm watching right now.
(Tonari, LB, Psycho-Pass, R;N, Chu-2)