forum

Ability to change cursor seperately from skins

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +10
Topic Starter
tarticulate
Just recently I downloaded a pack of cursors for osu!, and find myself frequently changing them.
The only problem, though, is that every time I want to use a new cursor, I have to dig into my skin's files and change it there.
And no, I don't want to make a whole skin for just one cursor. And besides, what if I want to use a specific skin with a specific cursor? I don't want copies of every skin I have just for each cursor.
Changing the cursor independently would be the way to go.
theowest
I guess that could be useful.
deadbeat
why do you change them so often?
Topic Starter
tarticulate

deadbeat wrote:

I've been asked that before. I change skins often just for a cursor change.
theowest

deadbeat wrote:

I usually change the colour of my cursor.

but I also change the hitcircles a lot too.. so yeah. Not much point in this request after all.
deadbeat

SUPERSPEED6 wrote:

deadbeat wrote:

I've been asked that before. I change skins often just for a cursor change.
that didn't really answer my question. i just don't see a reason for changing a cursor often. i only ever do that when i'm trying a new skin.
bwross
The main reason I'd have is when my cursor blends in with a map's spinner. But it doesn't come up that often.
theowest
You might not always just want to change the cursor in a skin, but maybe other skin elements. So I suggest this request would be better for what you'd try to accomplish.

Put the skin elements (everything but the cursor or whatever) in the override folder you want to override and change cursors by changing skins.
Saten
I think this might be useful since the cursor in your skin folder can already override any other cursor elements in beatmaps if it's checked in the skin selection.
theowest

Saten wrote:

I think this might be useful since the cursor in your skin folder can already override any other cursor elements in beatmaps if it's checked in the skin selection.
The override request would give you more possibilities. The ability to change any skin element separately from skins.
Archangel Tirael
Support. Definitely, the spawn
menu to change, but once
there is a question: "how and
what to change and how to
do it so that it looked like the
most intuitive and easy to use
and how to make other
similar ideas to change this
menu so that they do not
strongly interfere with each
other?". Personally, I have, surprisingly,