forum

Skin global override folder [assigned]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +18
Topic Starter
Nessuka
Basically, what I'm suggesting is that if a folder named "override" or similar is in the skins folder, that skin elements placed inside could override the elements present in other skins (if enabled via a checkbox)

This would be a nice thing for people like me who want to use our own cursors, combobursts, 50,100,300,etc hitbursts.

And replacing the files in new skins and restoring them at times is really annoying and tedious.

Thanks~
theowest
oh, now I get it. I had to read your request a couple of times in order to understand what you really meant.
So basically what you're suggesting is that we'd put the skin elements we always want to use in a folder called "override".

I am in agreeance with the current topic of discussion.
Topic Starter
Nessuka

theowest wrote:

oh, now I get it. I had to read your request a couple of times in order to understand what you really meant.
So basically what you're suggesting is that we'd put the skin elements we always want to use in a folder called "override".

I am in agreeance with the current topic of discussion.
Yep, correct :P
jemhuntr
and there should be a checkbox in the skin selection menu to enable/disable the override elements.
Saten
Isn't this ruining the purpose of "Fun Spoiler"?

You should be able to override the cursor skin in the skin selection, though it doesn't work properly on some maps.
jemhuntr
I guess he's (or she's) proposing to override the currently selected skin with the override elements. But of course, beatmap elements still override these override elements. Fun spoiler ignores beatmaps' skins, so that the custom skin and override elements will be used.
Topic Starter
Nessuka

Saten wrote:

Isn't this ruining the purpose of "Fun Spoiler"?

You should be able to override the cursor skin in the skin selection, though it doesn't work properly on some maps.
No, I don't mean included skins in downloaded beatmaps, I mean local skin folders in the /skins/ directory.
Saten
ah I kinda get it now, sorry I was confused ><
theowest
This request would be more useful than just changing your skin cursor t/103298

You might not always just want to change the cursor in a skin, but maybe other skin elements.
Put the skin elements (everything but the cursor or whatever) in the override folder you want to override and change cursors by changing skins.
Rei Hakurei
support this global overide, so i didn't need to put copies for each folder of my skin :3
higurush
Global override folder wouldn't be necessary if mappers wouldn't put ridiculous skin parts in their maps which could ruin the gameplay... I mean.. this folder shouldn't exist on my computer if that were the case...:

anyway.. good idea~

am I getting something wrong? x3
theowest

higurush wrote:

Global override folder would be necessary if mappers wouldn't put ridiculous skin parts in their maps which could ruin the gameplay... I mean.. this folder shouldn't exist on my computer if that were the case.
am I getting something wrong? x3
In some cases yes. If you really want to use your own hit bursts or hit circles, you'll just put them in the override folder and never worry about having to change annoying map skins.

In other cases, you might just want to change one or two skin elements when switching skins. So that you only have different cursors or hit circles for example.
Sakura
If you want to override your skin folder skin can't you just either edit it or create another one with the replacement elements?
jemhuntr

Sakura wrote:

If you want to override your skin folder skin can't you just either edit it or create another one with the replacement elements?
That means you'll have to edit every skin you have just to make the element global. And... It would also ruin the skin if you didn't back up the old files.
theowest
which is all just extremely annoying. gosh
higurush

theowest wrote:

which is all just extremely annoying. gosh
That's why this folder exists~ Just cutting out map skins and put in another folder, map by map, play by play which is also annoying~

higurush wrote:

Adder
bump
Rilene
I know this may be off-topic but is this a new FR tag?
Bara-
It's quite old actually
It just rarely gets used, as it actually means: "We are working on it, but we don't know when or if it will actually come"
Rilene
Oh, thanks for telling. :)
And a last post here as if I can't contribute anything here.