forum

(CtB) Change mods score modifications [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
show more
Seph
Thats why we're trying to reduce the score multiplier of one so it'd be easier for the team to detect the hackers.

Lets say this actually happened, FL got reduced to 1.06, where do you think they will turn to? Speedhacks.
Drafura
Yes, and if the speedhack is an hardware thing undetectable ? Reduce DT and HR because of speedhacks ? People will still hack that will change nothing.

The discution with me about this is over. I have my opinions you have yours.
Seph

VelperK wrote:

Yeah, I thought that maybe with the recent DT bugfix peppy brought out it could be interesting to increase this mod's score modifications to 1,12 just like HR AND decrease FL's score modification to 1,06 so this way the mode rewards more skills than memorization.

Discuss, obviously!
Drafura
You're free to discuss. I'll just not say any other words about the cheaters argument.
Seph

VelperK wrote:

the mode rewards more skills than memorization.
Did
you
read
the
entire
post?
Drafura
Okay dude I leave the thread have a good time to make this happend with your awesome sensefull arguments.
s ranker disc

Drafura wrote:

Okay dude I leave the thread have a good time to make this happend with your awesome sensefull arguments.
hey ur sad memory is a GOOD skill because it shows how pro u are by remembering long combos but noone realizes how lazy they are not trying it :shock:
miss_master_old
for me,DT is harder than HR..
s ranker disc

miss_master wrote:

well how about pros like us so ur saying that u should reduce score 4 us real fair
Deif
In an utopic world, where no external aids can be used, FL would still be harder than HD or DT.

And, as Drafura stated before: DT becomes harder than HR when AR = 9 or 10. According to that, from AR0 to AR8 HR > DT. If we consider the grade of difficulty of a mode (aka multiplier value) pondering the # of ARs where that mode is more (or less) difficult, HR is still harder than DT in 9 out of 11 different ARs.

tl;dr version: HR/FL should still be 1,12x and HD/DT 1,06x.
deadbeat
all i'm gonna say on the matter is i see doubletime on the score board more often than hardrock on Insane beatmaps. just based on that fact alone, i'm voting to keep hr as a 1.12x multiplier and dt as a 1.06
i'll admit i follow ctb much, so i don't know much about this doubletime bug, but from what i can see, people get more higher records of doubletime.
Kurokami
For me HR>DT. ._.

Anyways, I think FL must stay 1.12x since its harder than DT for the ones who are not cheating. I have plenty record with DT but just 2 (on harder diffs) with FL. Maybe FL is just memorization but even if its true it takes high amount of retry. And I think if someone use FL often he/she will gain a nice skill.

Cheaters need less retry and they are mostly cheat in taiko anyways.
Sey
No support. HR is definitely harder than DT in almost any case.
And yes, FL is also harder than HD.

Mods are betimes a matter of taste and feeling. It can happen that someone experiences FL easier than HD. However, this is not the general majority of ctb-players.
Mods are also depending on their AR, DT becomes harder on AR 8 or 9 probably, but what about all the AR's underneath (That means AR0 - AR7/8)? Those are definitely the majoritarian ones. So I do not see any sense to change it.
Seph, HR is totally easier to cheat with AR hack which is totally undetected instead of FL, FL is totally protected now as you can see even "Hatsune Miku" got banned.
I will never support such a thing, don't keep ruining the game.
Most of people who did "zomg wtf"'s record in FL and are not banned, were AR hackers instead of FL hackers, so just imagine.
This is a long discussion anyway.
The mods multipliers are perfect already.
Lally

miss_master wrote:

little example : Antonia - Marionette

only kenji hr this and i did only 4 miss with hr with dt is simple to fc it i don't see why sould be the same

Seph wrote:

FL is easily exploitable, you can use gamma to make it easier, most hacks made are for FL cause its not easily detected when you watch a replay (in contrast with speedhacks where you can tell the difference between legit play and whatnot), hell you're even playing with gamma before, you even had those videos of it, ofc you'd say no.
and if i do it do you have any prob with it?

deal with it then. if it was cheat i was already banned so finish this FL flame.
Topic Starter
VelperK

Deif wrote:

In an utopic world, where no external aids can be used, FL would still be harder than HD or DT.

And, as Drafura stated before: DT becomes harder than HR when AR = 9 or 10. According to that, from AR0 to AR8 HR > DT. If we consider the grade of difficulty of a mode (aka multiplier value) pondering the # of ARs where that mode is more (or less) difficult, HR is still harder than DT in 9 out of 11 different ARs.

tl;dr version: HR/FL should still be 1,12x and HD/DT 1,06x.
FL is NOT harder than neither HD or DT, ITS A NO-MOD MODIFICATION. It's the same shit as if you were playing with none mods at all but with a big chunk of the screen darkened, you don't need skill at all for FCing stuff that way, just memory; which, I remind you, should be less rewarded than skill.

"DT becomes harder than HR when AR = 9 or 10." Now you just stated a subjective fact, sort of speaking. This is not always the case though since DT needs a lot more of maniobrability of the ryuuta in order to catch something. In HR you just press dash in some need-to-memorize spot and you're done. And if you're going to put as an example a streamy map, that doesn't count because it'll be harder with DT than with HR if the CS was low enough.

After that sentence I quoted you just made up your own facts.

Also please note that i'm not saying that DT is harder than HR, just equally hard.
Drafura
What about DT is almost allways harder than HD for quite all [hard] [insane] maps ?

owait I was supposed to close this thread.
Deif

VelperK wrote:

"DT becomes harder than HR when AR = 9 or 10." Now you just stated a subjective fact, sort of speaking. This is not always the case though since DT needs a lot more of maniobrability of the ryuuta in order to catch something. In HR you just press dash in some need-to-memorize spot and you're done. And if you're going to put as an example a streamy map, that doesn't count because it'll be harder with DT than with HR if the CS was low enough.
According to the speed of the notes (or which is the same, the reflexes a player need to see-catch a note) that sentence is a mere fact, and not a biased opinion of me. It's true that DT is faster than HR in those ARs, thus more reflexes are needed.
Topic Starter
VelperK

Deif wrote:

VelperK wrote:

According to the speed of the notes (or which is the same, the reflexes a player need to see-catch a note) that sentence is a mere fact, and not a biased opinion of me. It's true that DT is faster than HR in those ARs, thus more reflexes are needed.
I thought you meant that ONLY in those cases DT is harder than HR. If not then yes that's true, DT is always harder than HR with those AR
Wishy
This has been discussed a trillion times (@standard) and this won't change, even while cheating FL is easy and undetectable. FL is considered a very hard mod along some players/osu!'s staff so... don't waste your time. For some reason, there are players that think memorization equals skill, since you "work a lot" to get a FL FC.
KairaLance
HR >= DT > HD = FL
Sey

VelperK wrote:

FL is NOT harder than neither HD or DT, ITS A NO-MOD MODIFICATION. It's the same shit as if you were playing with none mods at all but with a big chunk of the screen darkened, you don't need skill at all for FCing stuff that way, just memory; which, I remind you, should be less rewarded than skill.

KairaLance wrote:

HD = FL
I don't agree with that. Basically in HD once your eyes get used to the mod you're able to succeed ALMOST every map, with a few exceptions (Allow me please to say that as HD-Player). Anyhow, FL is much more difficult because you'll never get a 100% feeling where the next fruit will appear. I tried it so often for myself. In HD you are prepared of the fruits because you see them already in the upper part of the screen. For me personally the modification "FL > HD" is justifiable. And I guess it's like that for the majority, not for everyone of course.
deadbeat
you can debate about which mods are easier all you want. however on insane beatmaps. your more like to see hidden and double time records than hard rock and flashlight. I am aware that hr and fl records to happen. but its not as often as hd and dt.
Kurokami

Wishy22 wrote:

For some reason, there are players that think memorization equals skill,
Memorization is a skill.

Anyways
HD<FL
HD<DT
HD<HR
DT>FL
DT<=HR
FL<HR
These are really depends on the map of course. But If you want to change the multiplier for FL then you need to change the others too since FL>HD. This means they are not worth for equal multiplier.
Ibuki Suika
1.In 5 star map,"with HR more harder's map" and "with DT more harder's map"
Which more?
I think you know

2.In 5 star map "with DT need more pc to fc" and "with FL need more pc to fc"
Which more?
I think you know

“Mod” is not for "small part of map" or "small part of player"

Ok plz dont say about fl cheater, first cheater are gone ban(like miku) and second HR/DT also has able to cheat(like Tom). right?
Drafura

Kurokami wrote:

HD<FL
HD<DT
HD<HR
Ahah HD

Kurokami wrote:

Wishy22 wrote:

Memorization is a skill.

Anyways
HD<FL
HD<DT
HD<HR
DT>FL
DT<=HR
FL<HR
These are really depends on the map of course. But If you want to change the multiplier for FL then you need to change the others too since FL>HD. This means they are not worth for equal multiplier.
On low AR Maps:
HD> FL
HD> DT
HD> HR
Kurokami

119410501 wrote:

On low AR Maps:
HD> FL
HD> DT
HD> HR
As I said before:
These are really depends on the map of course.
Seph
No HR is definitely not harder than DT on most maps, its just in par with HR.

on high bpm maps DT is harder than HR, maps with weird patterns (such as fruits being close/silly hyperdashes appearing everywhere)
on a side note HR definitely does make a map harder, you'll need better reflexes and better ryuuta control over it.

also, are you seriously talking about Hatsune Miku in here? tell me, how long before he got banned? get your facts straight before you post something.

P.S. I didn't notice Drafura's mod multiplier but I definitely support that, but most likely impossible to happen, as for now that is.

Edit: AR hackers aren't really hard to detect, on contrast to FL, on hard maps that is. You'll know someone who hacks when you get common sense, its a great skill to have, and most of you don't even have it.

Seph wrote:

No HR is definitely not harder than DT on most maps, its just in par with HR.

on high bpm maps DT is harder than HR, maps with weird patterns (such as fruits being close/silly hyperdashes appearing everywhere)
on a side note HR definitely does make a map harder, you'll need better reflexes and better ryuuta control over it.

also, are you seriously talking about Hatsune Miku in here? tell me, how long before he got banned? get your facts straight before you post something.

P.S. I didn't notice Drafura's mod multiplier but I definitely support that, but most likely impossible to happen, as for now that is.

Edit: AR hackers aren't really hard to detect, on contrast to FL, on hard maps that is. You'll know someone who hacks when you get common sense, its a great skill to have, and most of you don't even have it.
It's "NO MORE" possible to hack FL, the proof of what I say it's right the fact that even Hatsune Miku who was the smartest FL hacker got finally banned.
All FL hacked scores has been deleted since FL hack was fixed, dunno if you noticed it, talking about the .dll modification, and it's no more possible to hack FL size (like Hatsune miku probably did) since it's now totally monitorated. FL has a totally better anti-cheat protection than HR has. AR hack is not detectable, there is no check of AR values while submitting a score, instead, there is a very good check of all FL values.
My whish is to get AR checked too, so AR hack will finally be fixed.

Anyway this^ is not about the score multipliers discussion.

My opinion about it is:
AR9/10 FL > AR8/9 HD DT/AR10 HD HR, don't underestimate this.
FL must stay 1,12x
Topic Starter
VelperK

Kurokami wrote:

Wishy22 wrote:

Memorization is a skill.

You can't improve memory with a game, FL is used by people with a genetical advantage over others in this topic to get higher scores because the admins/developers think that this trait should be rewarded as a skill, which of course is not.
Seph
Can't tell if stupid or what.

Just because the "smartest" hacker got banned doesn't mean they'd stop producing those kind of hacks. They only update theirs to match the current build so it won't get detected.

Read my reply with the common sense part for AR hackers, you most definitely need that, common sense I mean.
Ibuki Suika
Cookiezi havent genetical advantage?

VelperK wrote:

You can't improve memory with a game, FL is used by people with a genetical advantage over others in this topic to get higher scores because the admins/developers think that this trait should be rewarded as a skill, which of course is not.
Playing with the pression of FL, especially the 200x FL, is a skill, remembering all the spots while playing is a skill.
FL skill is based on prediction, intuition AND memory, not just memory, and it gets trained with experience. A player who plays for long time FL gets improved and can memorize faster than a player who just started TRAINING it.
Topic Starter
VelperK

Sey wrote:

VelperK wrote:

I don't agree with that. Basically in HD once your eyes get used to the mod you're able to succeed ALMOST every map, with a few exceptions (Allow me please to say that as HD-Player). Anyhow, FL is much more difficult because you'll never get a 100% feeling where the next fruit will appear. I tried it so often for myself. In HD you are prepared of the fruits because you see them already in the upper part of the screen. For me personally the modification "FL > HD" is justifiable. And I guess it's like that for the majority, not for everyone of course.
1- THAT'S WHY I MEAN, you can actually EARN a skill with the hidden mod, your brain can get used to it by training with it quite a lot...

2- Why do you think we have memory for there? That's right! Play the map X (<- depending on how good your genetical memory is) times and let your memory do the rest! Nothing else ;D

Seph wrote:

Can't tell if stupid or what.

Just because the "smartest" hacker got banned doesn't mean they'd stop producing those kind of hacks. They only update theirs to match the current build so it won't get detected.

Read my reply with the common sense part for AR hackers, you most definitely need that, common sense I mean.
I don't want to go OT anymore, read my PM, after you read it, take it as a personal opinion.
Stop.
Topic Starter
VelperK

119410501 wrote:

Playing with the pression of FL, especially the 200x FL, is a skill, remembering all the spots while playing is a skill.
FL skill is based on prediction, intuition AND memory, not just memory, and it gets trained with experience. A player who plays for long time FL gets improved and can memorize faster than a player who just started TRAINING it.
1- There is no pression if you are relaxed, that's something external to the game though.

2- The fuck? THIS IS MEMORIZING.

3- You can't train something that doesn't relate with a game at all (not a skill), and should be developed outside of it.

VelperK wrote:

2- Why do you think we have memory for there? That's right! Play the map X (<- depending on how good your genetical memory is) times and let your memory do the rest! Nothing else ;D
I could reverse it as " X (<- depending on how good your genetical reflexes are)"

VelperK wrote:

119410501 wrote:

1- There is no pression if you are relaxed, that's something external to the game though.

2- The fuck? THIS IS MEMORIZING.

3- You can't train something that doesn't relate with a game at all (not a skill), and should be developed outside of it.
The simple fact that FL is hard accepts automatically the fact that memorizing is a skill.
Deal with it. Or think whatever you want.
Topic Starter
VelperK

119410501 wrote:

The simple fact that FL is hard accepts automatically the fact that memorizing is a skill.
Deal with it. Or think whatever you want.
That's fallacious, and you're mad.

random example: dealing with Alzheimer is hard, but not a skill at all. -.-
Topic Starter
VelperK

119410501 wrote:

VelperK wrote:

I could reverse it as " X (<- depending on how good your genetical reflexes are)"
Your fact is wrong. You dont need reflexes for something you CAN NOT OBSERVE.

its all about memory
So HR is not a skill since is suitable only for people with good genetical reflexes? Oh, HR requires memory too. Doesn't it?
Kurokami

VelperK wrote:

But with Alzheimer, memorizing is a skill.
/me runs*

You can't improve memory with a game
Yes, you can.
Sakura
You are free to discuss somewhere else (like gameplay & rankings) whether memorization is a skill or not, but don't go arguing in here, since this topic is talking about the changing score modifiers (which has 0.0000000000000001% chance of happening)
Lol reflexes is that. You can observe it only suddenly and react to it the faster you can.
So are you incentrating your concept of skill to DT and HD only?
Topic Starter
VelperK

119410501 wrote:

So HR is not a skill since is suitable only for people with good genetical reflexes? Oh, HR requires memory too. Doesn't it?
You can improve your HR skills since it affects the direct gameplay of the mode (std, taiko and o!m too). Oh and you can also improve your reflexes ingame if you play a lot too indeed. Yes, HR does require memory but only for hard spots, overal speaking you just need more precision with the catcher.
Drafura
I think the modifier of FL is impossible to change due to the extreme opinions of each player on each mods. What about DT and HD ? :D

Btw Sakura is going to close this if you don't calm down about FL is or not a skill doods.
Topic Starter
VelperK

Kurokami wrote:

VelperK wrote:

But with Alzheimer, memorizing is a skill.
/me runs*

You can't improve memory with a game
Yes, you can.
1- I meant that dealing with Alzheimer is hard if you're the guy's kin for example. It's nothing related to what you said.

2- Show your facts. And please sorry, I meant with this game, I know there are SPECIFIC DESIGNATED GAMES for that matter but which also need you to make some real life exercises too if you want to improve it.
Seph

119410501 wrote:

Son do you even lift

VelperK wrote:

You can improve your HR skills since it affects the direct gameplay of the mode (std, taiko and o!m too). Oh and you can also improve your reflexes ingame if you play a lot too indeed. Yes, HR does require memory but only for hard spots, overal speaking you just need more precision with the catcher.
You can improve your FL skills since it affects the direct gameplay of the mode (std, taiko and o!m too). Oh and you can also improve your memory ingame if you play a lot too indeed.
Sakura
Ah screw it, people here don't listen