forum

[added] Filter game mode specific difficulties

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +221
show more
Topic Starter
theowest

happy30 wrote:

if you download a map and open it osu! will bring you to the song selection for osu!standard (solo) If you only download maps for the taiko/ctb diff you will have to go back and select special->taiko/ctb everytime you download a new map because the specific diff will not appear.

IMO for people who play both modes it is actually pretty convenient that even specific diffs show up
but then they should just uncheck the ctb/taiko filter?
happy30

theowest wrote:

happy30 wrote:

if you download a map and open it osu! will bring you to the song selection for osu!standard (solo) If you only download maps for the taiko/ctb diff you will have to go back and select special->taiko/ctb everytime you download a new map because the specific diff will not appear.

IMO for people who play both modes it is actually pretty convenient that even specific diffs show up
but then they should just uncheck the ctb/taiko filter?
HakuNoKaemi
Standard → Show/Don't Show Specific
Taiko → Show/Don't Show Standard, Don't Show CtB Only
CtB → Show/Don't Show Standard, Don't Show Taiko Only
by default on don't show.
boat
+1 for taiko map filter, -1 for not at all showing taiko maps in standard mode/standard maps in taiko mode, as there are a load of fun standard difficulties that work well in taiko too.

Rather then saying "herp I den pley teko dun wan teko difs in ma standar", stop being a faggotface and put into consideration that peoples interests differ and that you're making a tool out of yourself by being xenophobic towards even glancing at elements of a gamemode which you personally don't like.
Topic Starter
theowest
Remember that you can uncheck these filters so you'll go back to normal.
boat
Seems like you didn't comprehend the post. Whatever, support for a filter would vote if I had any votes left.
happy30
I kinda misunderstood some things, now what I get you want is this, right?
if you only want taiko maps to show just check the "filter taiko specific" just like how filtering unranked will result in only showing unranked maps.

support for this~
Topic Starter
theowest
Yes, exactly. Regardless of what game mode you are in, you will always be able to filter the maps you want to see.
[Luanny]

happy30 wrote:

if you only want taiko maps to show just check the "filter taiko specific" just like how filtering unranked will result in only showing unranked maps.

support for this~
+1
Kurokami

happy30 wrote:

support for this~
+ infinite support
Cristian
Support, totally, you're a genius. <3
Makimoke
You have my total support on this.
Since Taiko and CtB communities are growing more and more, there's going to be lots of Taiko and CtB maps (yeah, since CtB maps are now rankable) in the future (already lots of taiko maps, though xD).
So, in order to spare hundred hours -for each veteran player that does NOT delete maps- looking for a Taiko specific map, or a CtB specific map, we need this.
This also applies, like said in the topic, to osu! players. They don't want to play a map with Taiko/CtB, just the main game. So they won't have to delete each taiko map in the mapset in order to play peacefully with no surprises or things like that.

I'm really sick of browsing each mapset just to get the Taiko diff when I want to play. Even with keywords sometimes I don't find most of my taiko specific maps.
So, this must be added, as it will save lots of time, work, and fun in the game. I gave you my votes, twice, 'cause one is not enough, and that I don't have more to offer. But if I could, I would give them all to you.
Topic Starter
theowest
Bump.
darkmiz
Support.
I only play taiko-diffs, and it's a pain to click every song to search out the taiko-diffs.
Ibuki Suika
t/42833

hehesupport
deadbeat
i thought this sounded familiar >_<
Topic Starter
theowest

Ibuki Suika wrote:

http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/42833

hehesupport
mine has more stars, and explains it with ctb too.

and I have a picture to explain it visually.
Ibuki Suika

theowest wrote:

mine has more stars, and explains it with ctb too.

and I have a picture to explain it visually.
1year ago osu only has "2"CTB diff

btw,I just want to Contrast a year ago and now,player's point

Correct ideas are always right, but always with the passage of time slowly being accepted :oops:
Topic Starter
theowest
bump
Zare
Was just about to request the same thing. Gawd, it's annoying to search for taiko (or in my case for muzukashi orz) everytime I finish a map.

Support ><
Failed
Support~
ann_old
Would like, Support.

I'm not sure if this also should apply to multiplayer, when taiko difficulties are selected they appear under the osu! standard category.
Sorry if that has been fixed already, I only remember this from a while ago and thought it might be worth mentioning.
Saten

We speak the speak the same language
I mean this is what I always wanted
qudfo9
Yeah, I was talking about this one! I didn't realized this was already on the topic.
Kuro
Finally, I'll have the power to filter non-taiko specific diffs.!!!
I have 1,865 beatmaps and it takes WAY too long to find the Taiko-specific diff. I'm looking for, even if I favorited it!!
It's going to be horrible when i finally finish downloading the rest of those beatmap packs!! :cry:
Support!!!
Topic Starter
theowest
Every game mode specific difficulty will be rankable at some point. so I updated some information.
Rey-volution
Support this
roym899
I'd love to see this too. :)
Dolphin
oh my very neat idea! I find it slightly annoying having to search for Taiko to then find songs without Taiko difficulties :T

PLZ MAEK IT HAPPEN PPY! :)
jemhuntr
[resolved]...? There's a new grouping method by game mode, so I guess this won't be muc of a problem? :3
Topic Starter
theowest
omg it got implemented yesterday

Yeah. I guess this should be marked as resolved then. It should be available on the test client.

edit: I can't see it yet. :v
TheVileOne
Don't you mean Added? I'll fix that for you.
Topic Starter
theowest
It's not a filter. So this request is resolved.

edit:
I'm not even sure this "fix" is what this request is about. It doesn't seem to be added on the test build yet. I'm going to mark this when it can be confirmed.

edit: edit:
confirmed

edit: edit: edit:

I don't understand why we don't filter it instead. Wouldn't that be easier? What if you want to Group or sort these specific difficulties? That's just highly inconvenient.

My feature request still stands.
Sakura
Isn't that the equivalent of filtering tho...
jemhuntr
wat just mark it resolved
Topic Starter
theowest
No. Filter difficulties means you remove them from any list, despite the grouping. If you no longer have "mode" grouper selected, you'll see mode specific difficulties again.
It should just be filter instead.

You can't filter out mode specific difficulties while browsing any grouping atm (favourites, my maps, etc.)
deadbeat
the way i see it, this is different to the OP and makes the request no longer needed per say. so in one sense, this could be [Invalid]
Topic Starter
theowest

deadbeat wrote:

the way i see it, this is different to the OP and makes the request no longer needed per say. so in one sense, this could be [Invalid]
what? Are you even listening? ;_;
Saten
Grouping and the filter that theo requested are different from each-other

It's the same with "filter unranked"
You wont be able to find anything else than unranked maps, even if you use search
It'll only search within the filter itself.
[Dellirium]
This topic is pretty resolved for me. I don't understand why you need a filter that much.
show more