forum

Randomize only in the selected grouping [added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +94
Topic Starter
YodaSnipe
This has bugged me for a while now. The drop down menu on the left side (Artist, BPM, Creator, Date, Rank, etc) basically groups maps into categories. For example Rank shows:

However when you hit F2 for randomize, it randomizes from ALL maps instead of just inside that grouping.

What I am suggesting is that when in a group like Silver S ranked maps, when randomizing it only randomizes IN THAT GROUP.

Edit: I'm counting on you woc!!!
Maverick
support /o/ This has bugged me for awhile as well so i never even use random. I have a ton of maps favorited so it would be nice to radomize from those maps in particular. I would definitely use it if this was to be implemented.
Bardiche_Z
Ohhh yes I've been thinking about this ever since that function came out but never remembered to post it in the forum ><

I'd like this :)
Krackling
That's hella annoying spamming f2 and getting songs you don't wanna play, being able to single out the songs you want to play and f2 just those ones seems like it would be useful
Gon
support \o\
Piotrekol
have this star son
YTYuyu
Wow i really like this. alright then here's my star and support :D
DivineRage
Seems like a good idea.
Ceani
(I'mDead&I'veComeToHauntYou)
BOO!

No but seriously.
Hate the person who posted.
Love the idea.

DERPDERP!
Pizzicato
Support~
CXu
moe avatar
zozozofun
zozo Support counts for 2
Dafydd
If i had some stars, I would pump a lot here. :(
Tony
/me supports.

YodaSnipe wrote:

Edit: I'm counting on you woc!!!
LOL
emaaal
SUPPOOOOOOOOORT
winber1
yes
KanaRin
Nice idea><b
Flanster

supportttt
Cyclohexane
Good idea, seems fairly easy to implement.

Support~
Makar
Support~ would help with choosing which A's to fix xD
Mizou-kun
Just 'cause I felt like commenting on this thread.

Support ;3
Shohei Ohtani
Freaking support and shit
Sonez_old
+1 the random feature is way overdue for a touch up

It's not even good at randoming most the time =w=
Sakura
I still wonder what kinda formula it uses, it should be a random number between 1 and X where X is the ammount of beatmaps you have.
Lunah
\supports
termerys
I don't use group, but this may be helpful some some others
Maverick
I really hope this implemented and soon >w<
Kitsunemimi
Even though I only get this sometimes, I still do, and I'd really actually like this to be implemented. It would make things a lot easier to handle (example, playing a particular map downloaded from a certain time), so I really support this!

EDIT: =3=
Chiwi-nyaaw
Me and my avatar are going to eat you if you don't implant this. jk ( not anymore since I changed it to something less scary :v)
seriously that would be useful and it must not be so long to add :3
Flanster

Kitsunemimi wrote:

actually like this to be implemented actually
actually...*giggles*
Mercurial
Is not needed as hell, but yeah, I could be helpful.

Support
Rea-Sanka

Pizzicato wrote:

Support~
me2 c: - Coz Yoda made me Cookies c:
Nekoroll
Support.

I currently do the right-click fast scroll to simulate my randomizing for when I want to random in a specific group/folder of songs (Rank/BPM/etc) but doing it that way makes me sad. :(

This could probably be implemented by adding in a sort of "locking" feature where you could put a lock on groups/folders of songs that you wanted to exclude by either middle clicking or holding down left click on the folder. This would leave the unlocked folders free to be randomized through.
peppy
Added. Also no longer randomises to the difficulty level – only per beatmap.
Tshemmp

peppy wrote:

Added. Also no longer randomises to the difficulty level – only per beatmap.
YES!
theowest
What about search only in the selected grouping? t/97801
peppy
I'm not sure I agree with the search in grouping to be honest. Maybe the search should keep grouping visible, though.
theowest
Many of us have a lot of beatmaps and sometimes you just want to search the many favourite beatmaps you have. You may get a lot of results for searching for one thing in the "show all" grouping, when you're actually looking for beatmap within your favourite grouping.

and yeah, that sounds good too.
peppy
I already changed the behaviour to work in the way you specified just now. When you said "goruping", i thought you meant the "a" "b" "c" "d" groupings, which I did not agree with.

Please check/confirm that the current behaviour is what you expect/wish for.
theowest
I meant, more specifically that this would be good for searching inside Favourite A or B only and other groupings (such as My Maps or Online Favourites)

Sorry for the misunderstanding. :|