forum

Force start multiplayer [Added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +24
Topic Starter
RBRat3
I enjoy osu!'s multi very much but one thing that gets very old is users with no map. On average It takes roughly 60secs and can extend over several minutes just to get into the actual gameplay. What I want is the ability to force start a game with users that have no map present so what will happen is the offending users will just sit there in the room staring at the "[Playing]".

Also if possible have a toggle preventing entry to users with no map.

And before comments yes we all know theres a kick button but even that process gets old and overly kind hosts are afraid to use it XD
Tshemmp
If you are afraid to use the kick button why shouldn't you be afraid to use the force start button then?
Topic Starter
RBRat3

Tshemmp wrote:

If you are afraid to use the kick button why shouldn't you be afraid to use the force start button then?

Im not afraid to use either of them, Im talking about it as a whole whether im a player or host.
To extend on that kicking a user locks the slot just so another can pop in an open one just before you get that start game click in so you can kick that person out making you proceed to lock all the slots so it doesn't happen again, Play the game to come back to locked slots then unlock them all so you can repeat the whole process over and over... Thats one of many scenarios but the whole thing gets cumbersome.

If your pertaining that towards other hosts than myself then the answer would be because your not literally kicking them just nulling them from the game.
Nitojgrem
Hmm... intersting idea but I have to say, I like the idea of this request... more t/88380
It's not the same, so no duplicate but I like it more.
Topic Starter
RBRat3
AFK option is nice but if going through the trouble then might as well get rid of the whole "Not Ready" and "No-Map" lockout and only start the game with with users that have the map and ready nulling the rest from the game. That said would fulfill both requests...
Soaprman
Add "in multiplayer" to the thread name.

As a host, I tend to ask people for their download progress and kick them if they don't respond. Having this around might be better though because then I could just say we're starting in one minute unless someone says to hold on, then actually start after that time passes.

Players should have the courtesy to keep the room informed of their download progress, too.
Topic Starter
RBRat3

Soaprman wrote:

Add "in multiplayer" to the thread name.

As a host, I tend to ask people for their download progress and kick them if they don't respond. Having this around might be better though because then I could just say we're starting in one minute unless someone says to hold on, then actually start after that time passes.

Players should have the courtesy to keep the room informed of their download progress, too.
Done.

As a player I get the map faster than I can type the percentages/eta out so I gave up on "trying" to inform the host....

I don't have any problems waiting on users by choice. What I do have a problem with is clicking on 20 other things before and after a game, even kicking innocent users out by accident on several occasions just to unlock a slot.

The perfect world in my mind would be to get rid of all the lockouts after all I am the host and should be able to force if I chose. They can hang around in the gameroom if I really didn't want a user around I'll just kick 'em.