forum

Multiplayer Feature "AFK FREEZE MODE" [resolved]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +76
Topic Starter
Flanster
#2.AFK Freeze Option
Ever had the urge of eating or do something else, but not want to leave the room?
Well, in the bottom where the buttons "Ready" and "Leave Match" are, there will be an added button "AFK Mode"
It will basically highlight your slot light blue, indicating you are going to be AFK.This will allow the room leader to start the game WITHOUT you, not needing to kick you out of the room, so you look later again for it, or ask for invite etc.
Sakura
Well idk if AFK FREEZE is a good name, however this would be a nice feature indeed, i support it.
Nitojgrem
Oh yes, this is a good idea! It happens often that you're in a room with friends and well... have to go afk... it's always annoying to wait and such... or when someone has reached the download limit (and as you know, for non-supporters this can happen fast and often) it would be a nice "alternative".
Deif
It's a nice idea indeed. Sometimes you have to do something quickly IRL and the impatient players start to beg the host to kick that player.

Supporting this (as long as the AFK player can be kicked as well if the slot is needed by anybody else).
Caco Roth
Support :3
theowest
or just write it in the chat. "brb in a minute".
Topic Starter
Flanster

theowest wrote:

NOOOOPE
theowest

Lolicore Flandre wrote:

theowest wrote:

NOOOOPE
why not?
The 08 team_Bourdon
Great Idea!! Support too! :oops:
theowest
yknow, people would just want to kick people who's afk.
Deif

theowest wrote:

I think that depends if you're in a multi with known ppl/friends, or in another one with beginners/random ppl.
theowest

Deif wrote:

theowest wrote:

I think that depends if you're in a multi with known ppl/friends, or in another one with beginners/random ppl.
you can always write that you'll be back in a minute or two in the chat.
Mithos
People would kick you anyways. This is so you don't have to get kicked for players to start without you, with your consent.
awp
So basically it's a multiplayer spectator mode. 's a good idea
Aurele

Deif wrote:

theowest wrote:

theowest wrote:

you can always write that you'll be back in a minute or two in the chat.
Even if you write that you will be back, the other players couldn't play because of you. So being in that "Afk Mode" the others could play even if you're afk.
I wish I had my votes right now.
theowest
why wait 1-3 minutes to let them finish. you're suppose to play with them. This is multiplayer. There's already a feature request for spectating multiplayer games.

Everyone waits for people to download the beatmap or whatever they're doing. Passing the time with the multiplayer chat.
Nitojgrem

theowest wrote:

why wait 1-3 minutes to let them finish. you're suppose to play with them. This is multiplayer. There's already a feature request for spectating multiplayer games.

Everyone waits for people to download the beatmap or whatever they're doing. Passing the time with the multiplayer chat.
But well, it often happends that ppl have reached the download limit and it's mostly annoying to wait then. The ppl feel "guilty" and leave (and maybe come back during the game... depends). This would be a nice extra option.
Misao
ahhhh i have no moar votes ;_;
.. ill vote mentally ;^;/
boat

theowest wrote:

toiletbreaks, phonecalls, need to walk your dog, if you still live with your parents your mum might shout at you to come and help with something, emergencies or just having a break

Its a decent enough suggestion, if its useful or not is entirely subjective. In most multiplayer games you got the option of either idling or being a spectator whilst you're not playing, without having to disconnect from the server/lobby. Get that whatever is stuck up your butt out of there, you complain about people posting stupid and useless things here, yet your own complains bring nothing of value either.
ShadowSageMike
+2. Would love this!
Keredna
Totally support!

It's pretty annoying to have to find the room that you left again when the host changes the song, and they're not on your friend list. Also the room might be full by the time you want to re-enter it.

One more thing I would add to this feature is that the host should retain the authority to kick the AFK player if they wishes to.
[BlinK]
+1 support.
Wishy
Support, since you can do this same thing by clicking ready and go afk.

Not necessary but good anyways.
Devochka_old
Good idea for when rooms get crowded with people and you will lose your spot if you don't stay!
RusticKey
SUPPORT MATE
DaddyCoolVipper
Support, this is a much needed update
Cifica

awp wrote:

So basically it's a multiplayer spectator mode. 's a good idea
Yes! multi spec mode!
nattap_old
Then if you enter Afk and can't come back for half an hour (for some reason) what will it be?
Cifica

nattap wrote:

Then if you enter Afk and can't come back for half an hour (for some reason) what will it be?
"Kick me if you care mode". There's nothing wrong with that is there?
haha5957
isnt this kinda already implemented ,the force start feature?
Cifica
I guess, but it would be nice to be able to spectate in multiplayer.
Tsukimi Luna
Support~ +1
Saten

haha5957 wrote:

isnt this kinda already implemented ,the force start feature?
Yeah but then it would start with you included. Making you get last place, and the actual loser will be happy because he/she wasn't last lol
It may not be like that, but I hope you get my point

And I support this of course /o/
Multiplayer Spectating sounds really nice too
TheVileOne
This is no longer valid anymore. Multiplayer spectator is a different request.
Kuro
@TVO: I agree
People should really read the OP... o_o

How do you get from an AFK mode feature in multiplayer to a Multiplayer Spectator feature? :/

Anyway, I support the original request because I can't count on hand how many times I've been kicked even though I said "brb, <insert valid reason here>". It would be nice to not find yourself back in the lobby after stepping away for only a few minutes.
ieb
Support it..
DJNightmare
Maybe when you have this mode enabled, the host starts the game, you will be in the game, and also you will be played as Auto instead. It would be a great Spectator mode if this was implemented. When you afk, and you come back, at least you will be able to see other's scores when they are playing and your "AFKing". Maybe you can replace the "skip" button to a play button where you can join the game after your done from AFKing, although your scores might be lower, or a score system will be implemented for this, maybe it would be nice if you can still join the game. That's what i think though, good luck on this feature request :3
Kunieda
Supports!
VIDgamefrk9
Supported! very useful, because people get mad when I host and don't start sue to something important coming up
CruzadoqL

theowest wrote:

^ the best solution, if others players wait for you when you're downloading the map or whatever, why simply do you write "I'll be afk for this, or that, Start the match without me" so knowing your afk reason the host can Force Start .-

I just think it is unnecessary.
peppy
This isn't necessary due to the new force start behaviour.