forum

B or lower rank: Just a fancy way to say "Song Failed"?

posted
Total Posts
show more
animez15

JAKACHAN wrote:

darkinas wrote:

So you do not understand, as you say, the logic behind wanting to FC and get S and that gives the right to call those people retards? As you wish. I'm not gonna argue further since i don't like how you begin your coversation.
I wouldn't really say they are retards because that's insulting, but from a moral point of view you usually want to set a goal like "Be able to pass Insanes" then "Be able to FC insanes" instead of just automatically saying "I'm going to S/SS everything" this is how people get stuck playing Normals their entire osu! career and then complain about not getting better.
agree!..
bagiaaa
A is unforgivable. Used to. But lately if i played insane diff and got an A because missing the note near the end of song, i just let it be
Valentiino
I'm a bit too perfectionist

I have 0x B's, C's & D's. I almost always play the map for so long that I get an S rank from it
kriers

Valentiino wrote:

I have 0x B's, C's & D's. I almost always play the map for so long that I get an S rank from it
I should've done this from the start. Only problem is that I spent my first year in #Multiplayer, where it's impossible to avoid A's.
Pretty sure I've got at least 500 A's that are fixable with 1 pc. I just gotta find them.....
Valentiino

kriers wrote:

Valentiino wrote:

I should've done this from the start. Only problem is that I spent my first year in #Multiplayer, where it's impossible to avoid A's.
Pretty sure I've got at least 500 A's that are fixable with 1 pc. I just gotta find them.....
And I know exactly what are the maps which I have A on. I know their current accuracies, how many misses I have on them etc

;__;

Makes me feel obsessed about this game or something, when I know exactly where I have failed at some point
haigawdy
SS - Okay, next map please.
S - OMG, another 1x100 FC
A - 1 stupid miss
Lower ranks don't exist for me.

IppE

Valentiino wrote:

Makes me feel obsessed about this game or something, when I know exactly where I have failed at some point
You're saying you're not obsessed with this game?
Valentiino

IppE wrote:

Valentiino wrote:

You're saying you're not obsessed with this game?
Being obsessed and aiming for perfection for no good reason are two totally different things.
nikoniko777
In easy and most normal, yes I do consider B a fail. Hard I'm happy with B or above, Insane I'm just happy to pass :D (though to be fair, it is pretty much impossible to pass insane with anything below a C if you don't use easy, halftime or no fail)
G0r
Since this one was only a month old, I guess I might as well add my thoughts... I don't think that the grade actually matters. I don't really know why anyone would pay attention to it. Yes, I cared about it when I was playing to just pass songs, but if you are a good player, then you play to get an FC on every song, because that gets you the most score. An FC will normally get you at least an S. I think maybe you can get an A on it, if you get a really low accuracy FC. I think that a good player will tend to focus on combo, accuracy, and mods used, when considering if they have done well enough on a song.

That said, I will accept less than an A grade, and use it as a benchmarker, on songs that are so difficult that I am having a very hard time FCing them. Basically it's a way of reminding myself that I still need to work on that song. The same goes for an A, but if I had a great combo on an A, then I'd obviously do the Bs first, if I saw one. I have so many songs at this point that I just improve them as I see them on the list after I am finished with the new songs that I get.
Mithos
I don't care for ranks. If I can pass the song and hit the notes to have fun playing it, I'll consider it done and move onto something harder. I hate grinding songs for FCs simply because then I am no longer playing a game for fun, it's more or less learning a song for a stressful school exam. I don't see people performing "osu!" on stage any time soon, so I don't feel the need to be prepared for it. Sure I like doing well, but a B is good enough for me.
Tom69_old
There are so many insanely hard DT maps I don't even dare expect more than a B (and even some rare maps without DT). If you aren't content with a B the map is just too easy. That's what I think about it. :>
jesse1412

Tom94 wrote:

There are so many insanely hard DT maps I don't even dare expect more than a B (and even some rare maps without DT). If you aren't content with a B the map is just too easy. That's what I think about it. :>
this 100%
nomen
I don't consider map failed unless I ran out of HP. Having lower rank just means that this map is harder and I'm satisfied if I can pass it.
Espionage724
If I can at least get a C on Insane, I'm happy.
Rokusho
I sometimes don't really like A ranks on maps that take long and where you are able to get a lot of points, because you just get a pretty low score for the map (if you get a miss). On some maps I do get A's because I get too much 50s, but I don't really care about those A's, because I just still get a lot of points for FCing it.
G0r
I can see why someone who plays casually might not care about FCing a map, but if you play daily, or competitively (in the sense of caring about your score), then I don't know why anyone would set their goals below an FC unless the map is one of those particularly difficult ones that most people can't even beat. I admit that I don't always FC maps, because some are pretty hard, but if I can, then I usually will.
Mithos
I play taiko daily, and consider myself hardcore about playing harder songs. I just don't like wasting time on grinding maps I know I can FC, just because of 1-3 misses.
G0r
To me that's a challenge. XD
Mithos

G0r wrote:

To me that's a challenge. XD
I just move onto harder maps, and I get my challenge like that. It also feels like I progress faster.
Reunilu

JAKANYAN wrote:

I wouldn't really say they are retards because that's insulting, but from a moral point of view you usually want to set a goal like "Be able to pass Insanes" then "Be able to FC insanes" instead of just automatically saying "I'm going to S/SS everything" this is how people get stuck playing Normals their entire osu! career and then complain about not getting better.
I agree. I suppose what JAKANYAN says is true 'cause I could my first S in my first month of playing osu! (My first S on an Insane being 8 months after I joined).
But in all seriousness, what I usually do is after I S a song, I put a mod on that. If I can S that, I can go on to tougher difficulties and rinse and repeat until I reach the highest difficulties