forum

B or lower rank: Just a fancy way to say "Song Failed"?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Pichu0102
I know I really don't consider a song passed until I get at least an A, but I was wondering if anyone else thought the same way.
tolliken
Depends of a map. For example, getting B on the Cry for Eternity would be great. Don't you think?
-Athena-
osu! is one of the hardest exams in the world.
Seriously a 92% and still just a B? We'll ace any other test.
Topic Starter
Pichu0102

tolliken wrote:

Depends of a map. For example, getting B on the Cry for Eternity would be great. Don't you think?
Well for others a B might be fine, but I consider it a blemish no matter the song or difficulty. If I can't A, S, or SS rank it, I might as well have not tried. Sudden Death mode is my best friend and my most hated enemy here, as are the keyboard and mouse I use.
kriers
what you consider a score is all up to you. Sometimes, I need an SS, or else I feel I've let myself down :P
F m L_old

kriers wrote:

what you consider a score is all up to you. Sometimes, I need an SS, or else I feel I've let myself down :P
SS is like achievement for me, which never happens :(
tolliken

-Athena- wrote:

osu! is one of the hardest exams in the world.
Seriously a 92% and still just a B? We'll ace any other test.
Lol, that's true! :)

Also, why the hell can't i get something like, ta-da-dums, PLATINUM SS mark, in real life? :?:
silmarilen

F m L wrote:

kriers wrote:

SS is like achievement for me, which never happens :(

liar

if i am on my way of getting a B on a song i dont even finish it, i have 2 B's in total right now.
bomber34
I don't care :3 I enjoy B ranks more than A, cause A looks ugly with green. /greatlogic

If the map is harder than my skillevel i am happy to pass it with B.
Da7shadow
:x
ReVeNg3r
i decided not to rank my score if acc is 97% or less (average maps with dt or so)
except for approved map ,then i can accept C
thelewa
Just FC everything
Tanzklaue

bomber34 wrote:

I don't care :3 I enjoy B ranks more than A, cause A looks ugly with green. /greatlogic

If the map is harder than my skillevel i am happy to pass it with B.
then make the A blue, and the B green \:D/

for me, it depends on the song difficulty. sometimes I am just happy to pass a map, while I get mad on other maps for not being able to do that well.
F m L_old

silmarilen wrote:

liar
45 is nothing
Cho_old
So the thread seems to be split into people who actually play difficult maps well and those who never go above hard / easy insanes.

Frankly I'd be ecstatic if I C/D ranked [Four Dimensions] but you know, you stick to your [hard] diffs if you consider <B a fail.
Sup A Noob
I probably have the most recorded A's in the world right now.
silklash
I generally dislike getting anything less than S
I will pass with A if I enjoy the song and map enough to replay it several times
so.. yeah I guess B = fail for me
silmarilen

Cho wrote:

So the thread seems to be split into people who actually play difficult maps well and those who never go above hard / easy insanes.

Frankly I'd be ecstatic if I C/D ranked [Four Dimensions] but you know, you stick to your [hard] diffs if you consider <B a fail.
i dont get it, are you saying people who dont want to get B's dont play harder insanes?
Frizz
I believe I "failed" this map
Minty Gum
Well, I'd rather play a map that's a bit hard for me and get a C or B than play a map that's too easy for me and get an A/S/SS. I find maps that are challenging for me a lot more entertaining than easy maps where I'm half asleep while playing. It's also nice to start out with a C on a difficult map and come back a month later and improve it to a B, then an A, etc.
show more