Total Posts
show more
YodaSnipe
Good shit peppy.
sayamaster
OSU...say goodbye. i don't konw why for change? .I do not want to play anymore
Topic Starter
peppy
Yes, osu! is now more honed to skill rather than played hours. If this makes you want to quit, then it probably wasn't healthy for you to be here in the first place.
KrystelIvashkov
I really hate the new upedate the ranking score now is bad and I don´t understand anything, I think the ranking thing It was better after the nwe update :(
Kasie
I just love this, thx peppy, I thought ppl was waiting whis. Waiting for pp real-time calculation.
KRZY
Got a question.

There seems to be a default mode for each player. For me it's osu! standard, while for, say, Spectator, it's Catch The Beat. It is also the mode for which statistics are shown when you open the user's profile page and on the F9 screen when the user has just logged on to osu.

How is this determined?
Makar

KRZY wrote:

Got a question.

There seems to be a default mode for each player. For me it's osu! standard, while for, say, Spectator, it's Catch The Beat. It is also the mode for which statistics are shown when you open the user's profile page and on the F9 screen when the user has just logged on to osu.

How is this determined?
It shows the mode with the highest amount of pp by default, but I think it changes depending on what mode you are currently playing... not sure lol
Rey-volution
I dont know what will I say, great update or not
Great because now showing more specific rank in-game :D
No, because why Ranked score is no longer available again in-game? :sad:
nanda2009
gotta miss the old ranking system...
Barhoum
Finally, now me never passing a song without ranking it with a perfect is paying off. :)

Good job, peppy!

(Rank #280 in U.S. woooo!)
Hata_Ranko
I welcome the performance based ranking, nolife ranking is just unfair and doesn't really mean much.
cacipan

peppy wrote:

Added in-game performance points/accuracy
thank you peppy :D
my wish came true
Oblimix
This kinda killed what I liked doing in osu!.
[Dellirium]

Oblimix wrote:

Farm ranking score?
Oblimix

[Dellirium] wrote:

Oblimix wrote:

Farm ranking score?
Playing multiplayer with friends and playing many different songs.
This kinda forces you to play each song perfectly.
Rei Hakurei
With pp implemented as bew scoring metric, i can't wait ranking category merges ^^
Topic Starter
peppy

Oblimix wrote:

You have things backwards. You are never penalised with pp. Go on as you were.

Rey-volution wrote:

Score is still shown at all ranking screens and on your user panel to the right of your pp.
Icyteru
Well, I'm fine with "pp", but I hope it could apply to more ranks, instead of just the top 1000 of each map, since I only play insanes and have around rank 2000 for a lot of them due to massive number of players.

My pp is less than those less skilled than me, but since they play hards which is easier to get in the top 1000500, more of their scores go towards their PP.]

edit: ^11337th post blind me
Oblimix

peppy wrote:

Oh, guess I don't really understand it yet then.
Guess it'll come in time.
AkiShizuha

peppy wrote:

Oblimix wrote:

Rey-volution wrote:

Score is still shown at all ranking screens and on your user panel to the right of your pp.

:o but no score rank anymore? even small ones?
Fuyune
Back to score rank!!
Serenaswift

peppy wrote:

Yes, osu! is now more honed to skill rather than played hours. If this makes you want to quit, then it probably wasn't healthy for you to be here in the first place.
would you make it possible for us to switch between the pp rank and score rank in game?so players who prefer score rank can see it while the pp rank is still there

BTW,the same pp number is not the same rank in osu!/CTB/taiko. CTB and Taiko players are much less than osu!mode,so their pp rank is higher.that's not fair.could you rank them in 3 different lists?
hard to freeze
I think it will be better if add a toggle to switch between the two ranking systems.
Topic Starter
peppy
If you want to switch back to score rank, you will need to disconnect from bancho and use your imagination.
YodaSnipe
Imaginaaaaaaaaation...
BrokenArrow
I came 7 1/2 times just by reading the first sentence. THANK YOU PEPPY GOD!
VelperK
Cygnus
Things just got worse.

The transparent thing really bugged me tbh. I don't whatever you call that, but the little box that pops up when you finish a song is in transparent now. :O
Kert

Philippines wrote:

Things just got worse.

The transparent thing really bugged me tbh. I don't whatever you call that, but the little box that pops up when you finish a song is in transparent now. :O
Isn't it cool this way?
Jordan
Wow finally \:D/ but it's all mixed with CtB and Taiko players. Will there be tabs for taiko/ctb?
Sey
Thank you for the new update. Now I'm happy not looking like a beginner anymore. :)
kingking9
I like this new system.

How server intensive is it to calculate all of the pp? Could it be setup to live calculate it on each user's computer?
Aoko
I just love this update. Thanks a lot peppy~ ♥
Sey

The icon overlaps the text. Maybe I would set it a bit more down. Besides the stars maybe?
Antu Villegas
I personally like the update, but I don't know why they're complaining about this. Now there are 2 types of ranking, one which shows your ability to fc or the amount of plays you have, and a second that shows your skills above other people. Whatever, being the pp ranking the one that appear, it doesn't make the score ranking less important, so...
hinamizawan

Fuyune wrote:

Back to score rank!!
Crakila
I am all for the new ranking system. I really don't see what people are complaining about.
CXu
because people have a lower pp rank than their score rank, yes.
Liut

VampiricPadraig wrote:

I am all for the new ranking system. I really don't see what people are complaining about.
All the person complaining are just those high rank ones who are sad now cause they don't see anymore themself in the first page :cry:
I'm so sad nope
xiceyx
No offence, but it was seriously better the way it was before with the NORMAL ranking system. I think we should have a choice or button to click to have this system or not... :\
show more