forum

Any tablet users?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Remco32
So, any good brands/models for a good tablet for osu! ?
Something not too expensive, since it will probably only for osu :)
EDIT: My new Bamboo tablet works fine :)
Derekku
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Xiao_old
lol, #osu was bitching at me telling me tablet is easier than mouse and told me to start playing with a mouse

ಠ_ಠ
GladiOol
I have no tablet, i just use my mouse =]
z/x = for LoOseerzzz..
Mouse only for the win :3
Lesjuh

Gladi wrote:

I have no tablet, i just use my mouse =]
z/x = for LoOseerzzz..
Mouse only for the win :3
What are you doing here? D:
rust45

Xiaounlimited wrote:

lol, #osu was bitching at me telling me tablet is easier than mouse and told me to start playing with a mouse

ಠ_ಠ
They're jealous of our sexy tablets.
Jerrysr
I switched to tablet about 1 month ago 8-)

wacom intuos 3 6" x 8"
Lesjuh

Jerrysr wrote:

I switched to tablet about 1 month ago 8-)

wacom intuos 3 6" x 8"
Wacom intuos 3 ftw!
Larto
I'm gonna become one in "1-3 workdays". Ordered a Wacom BAMBOO. Can't wait to use it :D
tieff
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Remco32
Xiao_old
The standard and the Fun feel exactly the same.
Skyripper
Larto

Remco32 wrote:

Larto wrote:

I'm gonna become one in "1-3 workdays". Ordered a Wacom BAMBOO. Can't wait to use it :D
Which one?
The standard. Is there a big difference?
Derekku

Larto wrote:

Remco32 wrote:

Larto wrote:

Which one?
The standard. Is there a big difference?
Bamboo or Bamboo Fun? There's really no difference besides the buttons looking a little different and the Fun one comes with Photoshop Elements and Corel Painter.

Small or Medium? The small is MORE than good enough imo. Plus the medium is usually double the price :X
Larto
Sounds like the normal Bamboo standard is best for me then ^_^ Good I ordered that one, it's cheaper and it looks cooler than the fun one anyway
Remco32
I have a Bamboo One btw
Topic Starter
Daru
How much did you buy the Bamboo One?

From the prices I saw, it looks like it costs as much as a regular bamboo, which I would prefer over the One.
Remco32
50 Euro
Lesjuh
When playing long maps without breaks or long spam of beats, my hand gets sweat and I lose grip of my tablet pen. This is terribly frustrating :<

/me needs moar breaks in maps

Also, I use the '2' key on the right as extra button for stacks/streams since my new tablet takes over alotta space xD

I previously had a Wacom Volito2 Small, now I use a Wacom Intuos3 A4 Large. Same as Daru.
Remco32
Had the same problem with EBA en OTO(2), but only after a hour playing or so.
Topic Starter
Daru
For me, it's more that the side of my hand gets a bit sweaty, and sticks to the tablet surface (not just in osu!, but when I'm using it for long periods of time).

I made myself something like this: http://www.smudgeguard.com/
Works pretty well, though it looks a bit silly. :P
Remco32
Changed my tablet settings so I never have to lift my hand from the tablet to hit any circles/sliders. Works great so far...
MayNyu
Remco32
How do you guys do streams on a tablet? I really can't do 1/4 streams.
Derekku
For streams, either alternate tapping and hitting a button on the keyboard (default z/x) or just move with tablet pen and just alternate z/x.
Remco32
Are there no other ways? I suck at the first method, and the second method doesn't work with my tablet + configuration.
Derekku
Not really. Just practice the z/x methods and get better at them.
Gabi
my tablet

its true what they say, its pretty hard to get used to a tablet but once you get used to it, this one still is pretty hard to use. but its cheap.
Lesjuh

Gabi wrote:

my tablet

its true what they say, its pretty hard to get used to a tablet but once you get used to it, this one still is pretty hard to use. but its cheap.
Ah did you made that, Gabi? The rounded shapes are hard ones yea
Remco32
Any tips on spinning?
If it wasn't for that, I would had some #1 scores...
Remco32
Gabi
how do you write circles? clockwise or anti-clockwise? also practice writing circles irl on a paper very fast. try spinning in the middle, very small circles
Remco32
Counterclockwise. The problem is that I end up making to small spinners, which make my hand feeling stuck in place. I can't spin large and big.
Remco32
Protip: don't let your tablet pen drop too hard, thing is fragile. Broke mine today...
Gens

Remco32 wrote:

Protip: don't let your tablet pen drop too hard, thing is fragile. Broke mine today...
Poor Remco...
/me hugs Remco.
Remco32
anonymous_old
I ordered a new tablet just now ;)
Script-Kitty
I just started 2 days ago, but I think i'm getting the hang of it. I own the First EBA so I'm familiar with the concept.

I'm actually into Illustration and Own one of these I've been using. I'm only on easy and I use the back eraser part of the pen gently, but I'm probably going to find an alternative for harder songs lest I accidentally damage my screen and have to kill myself.
rust45

Script-Kitty wrote:

Own one of these I've been using

Wow, you're lucky to have a tablet like that, I'd kill for that. But you should try some EBA and m980 maps with that, it would work really well.