CXu
I watch anime with my eyes.
Gaba

CXu wrote:

/thread
jabberwockey
PC/Laptop
along with cookies and chocolate milk and I usually LS it so me and my friends watch anime together because that's a lot more fun
- Ene
Pc/laptop/Cel \o/
Tetsu_old
PC.
The Ribbon Red
TV (Animax)
Laptop
iPhone (Crunchyroll)
Mangon SWE
PC and PS3 (best friggin' idea ever)
Milkshake

CXu wrote:

where did you buy it i want eyes too
Elfuun_old
eyes are so 2011...
Accelerator-kun

Mantiz wrote:

eyes are so 2011...
eyes are too mainstream.
Toki Hakurei
Netflix.
exlicht
i usually watch it on TV or laptop :D
Net-Nue
only on laptop,, more efficient for me :3
green green
Maneuver

Pokebis wrote:

I project it through 46 mirrors and onto a grid mounted on a giant gyroscope and I sit inside of the gyroscope and spin around while trying to focus on the static screen.
I lol'ed~

watchin using PC, on the bed, on the computer chair, on the floor.
GoreObsessed
pc, dvd, phone. and i see when i can.
XSCX
PC when at home Laptop when outside
stavolizer
PC,Laptop,and infocus :o
Tsukasa

Milkshake wrote:

CXu wrote:

where did you buy it i want eyes too
now available at a store near you
GensokyoAkuma
I usually sit in front of my laptop like this.

peppercatastrop
1. laptop
2. galaxy tab
Soul Rhythm
Just with my laptop :D.
KuroHari_old

Accelerator-kun wrote:

eyes are too mainstream.
____

Computer - Fullscreen - Couch - x3
ScBw1995
on Pc
animez15
PC, TV, laptop, and CP
The Ribbon Red

animez15 wrote:

CP
What?

Please elaborate.
Mizzii
PC // Laptop // TV ~
^^
Restless Spirit
I watch anime on PC as most of you guys do. I used to watch anime on TV back when I was little but that's over.
The Ribbon Red

Powersocke wrote:

I watch anime on PC as most of you guys do. I used to watch anime on TV back when I was little but that's over.
Why? No more anime airings on TV?
Restless Spirit

The Ribbon Red wrote:

Powersocke wrote:

Why? No more anime airings on TV?
I quit watching TV some years ago due to the vast amounts of bullshit.
The Ribbon Red

Powersocke wrote:

I quit watching TV some years ago due to the vast amounts of bullshit.
Yeah, the media pretty much controls the channels.

When I watch TV, I make sure I watch anime. Else, I turn it off.
Restless Spirit

The Ribbon Red wrote:

Yeah, the media pretty much controls the channels.

When I watch TV, I make sure I watch anime. Else, I turn it off.
I guess that's how it works in today's society.

I just felt somewhat offended by the commercials (they make so much noise and stuff, it's unbearable). Also most of the channels were pissing me off due to the series and movies they show (I dislike the most). And around here are no good anime I'd watch (especially because itÄs not japanese with subs).
The Ribbon Red

Powersocke wrote:

I guess that's how it works in today's society.

I just felt somewhat offended by the commercials (they make so much noise and stuff, it's unbearable). Also most of the channels were pissing me off due to the series and movies they show (I dislike the most). And around here are no good anime I'd watch (especially because itÄs not japanese with subs).
LOL, dubs came second IMO. First is the plot, animation/art and characters. Second, dubs. Though I can't stand local dubs (because commoners around here thinks that VA is just speaking to a microphone with a dumb script). And yes, commercials and local entertainment are mostly annoying. That's why anime and manga exist, no?
Restless Spirit

The Ribbon Red wrote:

LOL, dubs came second IMO. First is the plot, animation/art and characters. Second, dubs. Though I can't stand local dubs (because commoners around here thinks that VA is just speaking to a microphone with a dumb script). And yes, commercials and local entertainment are mostly annoying. That's why anime and manga exist, no?
The plot and stuff comes first, yea. But nevertheless I refuse to watch it if there's no japanese dub. Luckily most of those are made in japan so I do not have to worry.
But anime and manga could also be on a "common" level (for instance anime and manga which is considered to be mainstream such as Naruto or Bleach, One Piece and so on).
The Ribbon Red

Powersocke wrote:

The plot and stuff comes first, yea. But nevertheless I refuse to watch it if there's no japanese dub. Luckily most of those are made in japan so I do not have to worry.
But anime and manga could also be on a "common" level (for instance anime and manga which is considered to be mainstream such as Naruto or Bleach, One Piece and so on).
Wait, anime on your local airings doesn't have to be local dubbed? Oh, how I envy you... Due to the low common education level of most people here, crappy local dubs has to be implemented on any anime that airs on local TV. And guess what? They all have the same voice. Only 4 person dubbed every anime that airs here. And their voices are always the same.

Oh, the censoring... Yeah, those anime are for commoners. But those are mainstream, and we are not mainstream.
Restless Spirit

The Ribbon Red wrote:

Wait, anime on your local airings doesn't have to be local dubbed? Oh, how I envy you... Due to the low common education level of most people here, crappy local dubs has to be implemented on any anime that airs on local TV. And guess what? They all have the same voice. Only 4 person dubbed every anime that airs here. And their voices are always the same.

Oh, the censoring... Yeah, those anime are for commoners. But those are mainstream, and we are not mainstream.
Yeah, it's not local dubbed it's generally dubbed. We have a vast amount of people who act as voice actors for every kind of media, movies, series, anime, games and so on. But as I stated before, I prefer japanese dub with english sub.

I always wondered what makes them mainstream, though.
The Ribbon Red

Powersocke wrote:

Yeah, it's not local dubbed it's generally dubbed. We have a vast amount of people who act as voice actors for every kind of media, movies, series, anime, games and so on. But as I stated before, I prefer japanese dub with english sub.

I always wondered what makes them mainstream, though.
Oh, guess you're the same with me huh? I have cable so I don't have to listen to crappy local dubs and watch more anime.

The number of idiots watching it?
Restless Spirit

The Ribbon Red wrote:

Oh, guess you're the same with me huh? I have cable so I don't have to listen to crappy local dubs and watch more anime.

The number of idiots watching it?
Exactly.

Hm. Though there are quite some people who aren't idiots watching this. Everyone has a different taste.
The Ribbon Red

Powersocke wrote:

Hm. Though there are quite some people who aren't idiots watching this. Everyone has a different taste.
True. Though it's hard to find those who doesn't make some fuss about watching it (and yes, I admit I see some around here). They tend to stay quiet; and those guys really know how to handle fandom on society well (brag on the right places, etc.).

Quality-aside, I don't really know why some people (idiots) force their fanatism over everything else. It's like they're claiming the common genre (anime, for this instance) as their own. Thus, making its popularity grow.

Another case of popularity issue.
Restless Spirit

The Ribbon Red wrote:

True. Though it's hard to find those who doesn't make some fuss about watching it (and yes, I admit I see some around here). They tend to stay quiet; and those guys really know how to handle fandom on society well (brag on the right places, etc.).

Quality-aside, I don't really know why some people (idiots) force their fanatism over everything else. It's like they're claiming the common genre (anime, for this instance) as their own. Thus, making its popularity grow.

Another case of popularity issue.
Most of my friends are of this kind. I'm glad to know them and count them to my friends as they are rare.

So maybe that's the reason. Popularity, attention, forming a group and stuff we discussed in the other thread.
The Ribbon Red

Powersocke wrote:

Most of my friends are of this kind. I'm glad to know them and count them to my friends as they are rare.

So maybe that's the reason. Popularity, attention, forming a group and stuff we discussed in the other thread.
Oh, lucky you. Most of my friends are "commoners", so I shut my mouth and keep a distance from talking about it. Though I have some who doesn't.

No, I mean why they do it. Popularity is an advantage that the creators and the object itself gain. The ridiculous over-fan groups' objectives are what I'm missing out here.
show more