forum

Beginner's Training

posted
Total Posts
show more
Kiro Miyabi
Nice Guide!! Wish I've found this earlier.. haha!! Got an HiddenHardrock SS on KOTOKO - agony!! XD
Buds_old
Thanks
Low
this would've been quite useful and fun if i had discovered this when i first started playing osu! :?
HimeRipper25
This is very useful for me, thanks a lot! :) :D
Song list has a lot of cool maps! ;)
Now I'm lvl 16~ :P

Thanks for the help~ :oops:
Elit3noob
Awesome tips and songs! thx :)
birra
downloaded already for my lil sis ^^
thank you :)
amutann
:? :? :? :? :? :?
dxnix_old
Thanks so much for the begining beatmaps :)
ribby yien park
i love it <3
Q13
This list is great. I just got back to those maps and I must say, the list it's quite linear although it does misses some maps for a more linear progresion, expecially the easier ones.

If anybody asks about help with osu! I'll make sure they get here. Thank you!

Hope you or someone else will uodate this. :) I'll try to hunt down some nice maps to suggest.

And just so you know, bloody tears is a fitting name for your map T_T I still rage when I play it.
Yuki Hana-Chan
Great idea O: Although this post was from 3 years ago.. o-o Many people still use it O:
Nicely done. :3 Great way to help the newbies out.
Hika
This thread is a lie.
You're supposed to play chipscape 10 times a day until your hands break off, then you can call yourself pro.
emonite
Good guide for beginners,I am not really a beginner anymore (Okay,I am a bit lousy but not that bad) but still thank you. 8-)
-Athena-

Hika wrote:

This thread is a lie.
You're supposed to play chipscape 10 times a day until your hands break off, then you can call yourself pro.
@_@, if you say so...
Plantifant
Really nice guide.
I'm currently playing a bit of Osu! too, but no succes yet :(
Maybe CTB is the only thing I'm good at :P
BadLuckExpert
Thanks for the tips, and the songs too :)
love mine_old
meeeboy
Thank you :).

Im new to OSU! and From Audition. It's a good game.
friendok
hi i followed this guide and i am still not able to pass any maps not even easy on half time after 2 years of game play what should i do?
please help me i'm going to go crazy soon i want to kill my self i spectated many players play they do crazy things but i cannot what is this everyone is hacking in this game? cheaters ! i want to do like them too : (
Tengu86
Thank you for the guide, very helpful 8-)

Any suggestion for some other song (not too difficult)?

:roll:
ForGiveSins
Thank you for this!
theplayerbeta
This is a good beatmpa selection for beginners :D
123anne
Yay! Songs for beginners! I really need this.
getsugat3nshou
IT helps a lot in me!! :) in normal mode I got SS already in 1day play :)
FGKY
Beatmap packs apparently don't exist on mediafire anymore. :( Can you please fix this???
StarriorX
Working my way through these. Thank you for this post! :D
xiaomao13
I guess I should try getting used to osu from this guide....
Silly me, what did I play for my first time... :P
KorManiaChobo
좋은 정보 감사드립니다^^ :)
Good information, thank you ^ ^ :)

BY.KorManiaChobo ;)
Almarion
Yeah, I was cocky and so I was humiliated. Osu isn't THAT easy...for me anyway. :lol: thank you very much! I shall now 'train' with these songs~
Aqo
Can somebody please unsticky this thread

It has maps from 2008 that are godawful (no offense to the mappers ;_; you know it to be true... most of them don't even have correct bpm) and gives beginners the wrong idea. A simple guide telling people "disable mouse acceleration, make sure your frame limiter is set to unlimited, and play the latest maps you see under Beatmaps > Ranked" would be 100x more effective than this misleading thread.
thelewa
Ahh... this is nostalgic. I remember downloading the beatmap packs from this thread 2 years ago and just grinding them until I could SS the songs that I liked. It gave me a really good image of this game, because the maps were of perfect difficulty to a total beginner.

Without this thread I would've just gotten scared of the high difficulty of new maps and would have quit in a few hours.
S4suk3
just practie more more practice :)
those

Aqo wrote:

make sure your frame limiter is set to unlimited
I cannot play without vsync, and if that happens to me, it can happen to someone else.

If anything, we should recreate this with a list of recent maps.
Tesu
yay ty :)
luccava
Hello! I'm new here. Downloaded osu! because of my sister's suggestion. I'm no good at rhythm games so this guide help me so much. Thank you!
And I'm still failing at the first Orange Range song xD
-Kana-
Pretty good help, I use these maps for my aptop though xD
Shinda_S3kai
Thanks, "This is sparta!" it's amazing haha :)
Lance
I had forgotten about this thread... oh man those first few days after finding osu! were amazing. brb playing that ancient orange range map
Momochikun
Flashlight.. it's really Hard huh ? especially if we also use DT -_-
Naraenda
Woah... Thanks this will is going to help me a lot! I am such a newby at this
show more