forum

[Rule] Catch the beat difficulties are not allowed

posted
Total Posts
show more
Drafura
What you made isn't actually rankable in standard . And you can't find anything rankable with this pattern i thought it was obvious... (streams with more than 2x spacing, hmm we just see that in TAG4 and even if we adapt this pattern for TAG play standard the rest of the map could make no sense cause it's not a TAG4)

And it was a random example I have many more you really wants to try ?

ziin wrote:

iMercurial wrote:

This spacing is easy on CtB, not in standard.
what on earth is hard then?
Same pattern on 1/8 still easy in ctb... Enough hard in standard ?

Oh and no offense... I just want to demonstrate clearly why standard rules are not adapded to CtB mapping.
ziin
Good to hear nothing is hard in CtB.
Luna
You know, it's not about "hard CtB patterns don't translate well back to osu! Standard", it's more about "Many awesome/fun CtB patterns can not be achieved by a reasonably mapped osu! diff"
ziin
Except that there is no hard CtB pattern according to Drafura. Bah whatever, I'm tired of people not answering questions. Let's hope diving's CTB diff does a good enough job to convince everyone.
Mercurial

ziin wrote:

Except that there is no hard CtB pattern according to Drafura. Bah whatever, I'm tired of people not answering questions. Let's hope diving's CTB diff does a good enough job to convince everyone.
I just want to say this...

osu! standard isn't easy but CtB it's hard to play too, maybe CtB is more easy to learn and more funny (I think), but really, this thread is to make rankable CtB diffs, not for discuss about "What osu! mode is more easy to play."
ZHSteven
then try this one

from Izayoi Namida[CTB insane] by Odaril

and this one

From Basara [CLSWTB Extra] by CLSW

also this one

From Wing my way[Hell-jumping CTB] by ZHSteven

Please note that these patterns for CTB is not very hard to play also.
Mercurial
CSLW pattern is awesome ♥
ZHSteven
Hey~ let's try something easier~

moving slider pattern
From Thank you for playing (ZHSteven) by ZHSteven
please note that every even number the spacing is different, and then the last 7 the spacing is doubled from 6.
Thanks

Edit: if these above examples not vaild enough, I will show you more.
Actually I have a lot XD
ziin

ziin wrote:

Shiro
What's hard is in the long run. There are very few patterns that are hard by themselves (maybe perhaps pixel jumps). What's difficult (at least for me) is the movement needed, the mix of non-dashes and dashes, when to stop the dash to be in the right place for the next fruit and things like that. It gets really hard to catch the fruits because the catcher's movement keeps adding an error in the position.

That's just my opinion, I don't know about pro players though.
ZHSteven

ziin wrote:

ziin wrote:

Max normal jump.

You may want to refer to this map.
Sound Horizon - Raijin no Hidariude
non-hyper-dash diff.

increasing jump, or decreasing jump, without hyperdash, or with hyperdash in between will be hard.

Small jump with high BPM is also a hard point.
Deif

ziin wrote:

ziin wrote:

Hatsune Miku - Kusaregedou to Chocolate [Insane]:
02:30:158 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - This pattern is hard as hell to FC in CTB.
Renard - Banned Forever [Nogard]:
02:17:508 (1) and 02:18:599 (5) - Everybody know that scary sliders. They need perfect precision to hit them properly in CTB.
Hatsune Miku - Ohigan FuzzyClap [Prankster0108]:
00:11:124 (1,1,1) - These are only hittable with EasyMode on.
00:20:970 (1,1,1) - That jumps need a perfect placement of the ryuuta to catch them, almost uncatchable.
00:53:431 (3,1) - A variation of a pixel jump. Only hittable with EasyMode.

I can list more hard/impossible patterns for CTB in Standard maps, if it's needed.
CLSW
How about super speed-sliders at Amor Buffer and He has No Mittens?
Drafura

ziin wrote:

Good to hear nothing is hard in CtB.
Sorry i missunderstood the last question i thought you was talking about what's hard in standard, my bad... In CtB, as you can see on previous screens /posts, hard things appears when you have to change your direction very quickly many times. In what I've linked you, you play that just going to one side then to the other and add dash button if you have one or two hypers in the end (So if you convert it to 1/8 pattern the (3) wich is the changing direction tick is in 1/4 and this is the only direction change on the pattern, so in my mind yes even in 1/8 this pattern is still easier than any ranked 1/4 triplet on osu!standard) : Is that so hard ? No, and that's why I've told you it was easy. You really wants example of hard patterns on CtB you have some up there. But what's the point of showing randoms hard patterns ? I don't understand why you want them, the question was : which kind of CtB patterns can't be rankable for standard. I think i've answered it, so don't blame me atfer to don't answer your question if you didn't even listen the actual answer and change your question to another topic, wich isnt related at all of the first one...
VelperK
All I know is that I got bored from regular "Insane" difficulties of 90% of maps, and in order to enjoy them, I must add some mod to it or i'll fall asleep. I got to say that the conversion from "Insane" osu!standard diffs to CtB ones, is okay in general, except for some impossible patterns here and there over time but meh... I'm more worried about adding more diff to these CtB specific diffs than other thing you know...
PD: I don't have idea about mapping nor i'm interested on it, I just posted what I though about this topic.
Shiro

VelperK wrote:

I'm more worried about adding more diff to these CtB specific diffs than other thing you know...
There will be control over that.
Deif

VelperK wrote:

I'm more worried about adding more diff to these CtB specific diffs than other thing you know...
There's already a control in the difficulty. You should check the maps posted in the CTB modding queue.
TheVileOne
There's no good reason that I can think off to make CTB diffs forbidden. The reason that I was given awhile ago concerning this issue was that CTB only modes give players too many points. But that is easily countered with guidelines on score limits for CTB only modes. Otherwise it's just a pointless limitation.

My thoughts is that perhaps 22 million would be the cap for ranked maps and it would need to be incredibly difficult. 22 million is for no mods and the beat must be suitable to exceed 17 million.

Example:

A beatmap cannot have a 17 million (with mods) max score if the hardest difficult in the set doesn't have a standard difficulty with at least 15 million CTB score. Another variation would be : A mapset should not have a CTB diff that has a maximum score that is 4 million points higher than the next highest scoring map in CTB
I propose this to prevent abuse. Not every map should have 17 million plus scores as it biases these maps compared to not CTB diffed songs with lower scored insanes. It's only reasonable that a CTB only diff only scores moderately more than the highest scoring difficulty in the set.

CTB only difficulties should be allowed right off in approval difficulties.
Drafura

Deif wrote:

We've been talking in #videogames about the max allowed rankable score, and we agree that it should be around 30-32 million points.

Everything over there would be for approval, instead of ranking.
I think this is the best option. Cause this is what a long but ranked standard map gives you actually. And I don't see any reason to nerf the amount of objects in a CtB diff compared to standard. If the CtB score calculation gives too many points it's a coding problem imo as the taiko score calculation don't gives enough points (if you compare to standard).

And I agree with approval but I can't find any reason for this, and until anybody gives a good reason to put CtB diff for approval I think they have to be ranked.
Deif

TheVileOne wrote:

There's no good reason that I can think off to make CTB diffs forbidden. The reason that I was given awhile ago concerning this issue was that CTB only modes give players too many points. But that is easily countered with guidelines on score limits for CTB only modes. Otherwise it's just a pointless limitation.

My thoughts is that perhaps 22 million would be the cap for ranked maps and it would need to be incredibly difficult. 22 million is for no mods and the beat must be suitable to exceed 17 million.
Why 22 M points? You should see some ranked stuff, as Neu, whose max score for standard is ~18 M and for CTB is ~32 M (NoMod). If you put that limitation, CTB players will always choose to play the standard diff.

Anyway, who really cares about the score difference? The score calculation is completely different in each 3 modes. Also, keep in mind that there's not a 3-mode ranking, they're completely separate.

TheVileOne wrote:

Only as approval diffs? The point of this thread is trying to make Rules/Guidelines to include their score as RANKED score (and if they reach the limit of score, diff, etc... as APPROVED score).
Disease_old_1

TheVileOne wrote:

ziin
40 million. As you say, if the standard difficulty at 18m is 32m on ctb, people will play the standard which will likely be easier than the ctb specific difficulty.

I'm still for capping the ranked score on all maps at 20m*mods for standard and, say, 30m*mods for ctb.
TheVileOne
Well my research for ranked maps was that most high scoring ranked insane maps have top scores of 20-21 million with mods. The highest had a 900 plus combo in CTB. I don't think it gets much higher than 22 million ranked on standard. But that's how I saw it. I'm all for 24-26 million max without mods on CTB. I just came up with that value on what I saw. (CTB maps are practically guaranteed to be beaten with some form of mod, so adding a mod to the mix at this cap would jack the score up.)

I have one concern though. If these maps are tailored for CTB play, and they allow for such extreme scoring, then wouldn't mappers have to go out of their way difficulty-wise to justify the scoring. It will be like tag difficulties in standard only for CTB, because the top CTB players have no problem getting 20 million scores off of insane currently with hidden. Are CTB difficulties only going to be made as a challenge to CTB players or are they just going to streamline the transitions so that they look more conformal in a CTB setting? If CTB maps do plan to streamline it does the extra readibility that it creates make it easier to play than a potential lesser scoring lunatic mode? I don't know really at all what I'm talking about, as I do not know what's considered difficult compared to next to impossible in a CTB setting that doesn't require hyperfruits notes. I just see a lot of effort to prevent hyperfruit spam and nothing to ensure difficult beyond using hyperfruits.

Really what I want to avoid is maps just spamming fruits everywhere, because the song allows it. If the song shouldn't support 24 million scores and the CTB scores of the hardest difficulty shows that, then why should we allow a CTB diff that far outscores the other diffs in that category?

I think that excessive spam of beats in CTB needs to be managed right off the bat. There needs to be a rule that prevents people from adding fruits for every single note in a song, because it can be abused. If we adopt the 4 million rule, it would curtail efforts to over place beats in CTB.

I know there's not really enough CTB mappers for this to truly be an issue, but in the long run I think it's necessary. It could even be strongly advised, because if it isn't we can't tell people their CTB mode is too easy to score X amount of points, or that their CTB map is overspamming notes, because the max score will be set so high that it would allow any number of 1/4th notes to be added without reaching the max score.

If I do not have legitimate concerns in this matter, please tell me why I don't need to worry about these things. I would want standards for allowance to be absolutely perfect before they get included, because anything we overlook at this stage could become a problem in the future. If someone could link a ranked example of the highest scoring ranked CTB score with/without mods.

Next state how much beyond that should a map really go, and how likely a CTB map could be made that has a score in that range. How likely will crazy maps have scores like that? (30 million scores really set unreasonable distances between lesser skilled CTB players and pro CTB players. ) Pro players get 20-30 million while non pros get 3-12 million. Who's ranking up faster?
Drafura

TheVileOne wrote:

Well my research for ranked maps was that most high scoring ranked insane maps have top scores of 20-21 million with mods. The highest had a 900 plus combo in CTB. I don't think it gets much higher than 22 million ranked on standard. But that's how I saw it. I'm all for 24-26 million max without mods on CTB. I just came up with that value on what I saw. (CTB maps are practically guaranteed to be beaten with some form of mod, so adding a mod to the mix at this cap would jack the score up.)
I don't understand a reason for that. For most standard maps the CtB score is something like 1.5x higher so if the standard ranking max score is ~20M it seems normal that CtB max score should be ~30M.

TheVileOne wrote:

I have one concern though. If these maps are tailored for CTB play, and they allow for such extreme scoring, then wouldn't mappers have to go out of their way difficulty-wise to justify the scoring. It will be like tag difficulties in standard only for CTB, because the top CTB players have no problem getting 20 million scores off of insane currently with hidden. Are CTB difficulties only going to be made as a challenge to CTB players or are they just going to streamline the transitions so that they look more conformal in a CTB setting? If CTB maps do plan to streamline it does the extra readibility that it creates make it easier to play than a potential lesser scoring lunatic mode? I don't know really at all what I'm talking about, as I do not know what's considered difficult compared to next to impossible in a CTB setting that doesn't require hyperfruits notes. I just see a lot of effort to prevent hyperfruit spam and nothing to ensure difficult beyond using hyperfruits.
Easy, normal, and insane diff can be mapped on CtB. There's a control (with mods) under jump, hyperjumps, patterns. The rule about timeline is not explicitly writen cause the timeline have to be likely the same as a standard map. Maybe we should add a rule about overmapping but it will be the same as the standard rule.

TheVileOne wrote:

Really what I want to avoid is maps just spamming fruits everywhere, because the song allows it. If the song shouldn't support 24 million scores and the CTB scores of the hardest difficulty shows that, then why should we allow a CTB diff that far outscores the other diffs in that category?

I think that excessive spam of beats in CTB needs to be managed right off the bat. There needs to be a rule that prevents people from adding fruits for every single note in a song, because it can be abused. If we adopt the 4 million rule, it would curtail efforts to over place beats in CTB.

I know there's not really enough CTB mappers for this to truly be an issue, but in the long run I think it's necessary. It could even be strongly advised, because if it isn't we can't tell people their CTB mode is too easy to score X amount of points, or that their CTB map is overspamming notes, because the max score will be set so high that it would allow any number of 1/4th notes to be added without reaching the max score.

If I do not have legitimate concerns in this matter, please tell me why I don't need to worry about these things. I would want standards for allowance to be absolutely perfect before they get included, because anything we overlook at this stage could become a problem in the future. If someone could link a ranked example of the highest scoring ranked CTB score with/without mods.
If the timeline ins't overmapped the score will not exeed 1.5x the standard score of the map. The score still have to be related to the song lenght etc... It the same rules as standard and the result is ~1.5x score. That's why max ctb score should be max standard score x1.5 and of course this is only the max score and does not reflect the score you can reach on a TV-Size. It's the same thing as standard you can map 20M but a TV-Size doesn't goes for 20M, it's obviously overmapped.

TheVileOne wrote:

Next state how much beyond that should a map really go, and how likely a CTB map could be made that has a score in that range. How likely will crazy maps have scores like that? (30 million scores really set unreasonable distances between lesser skilled CTB players and pro CTB players. ) Pro players get 20-30 million while non pros get 3-12 million. Who's ranking up faster?
CtB maps or not pro players are going to get 20M/play and low skilled player 3-12M/play. As it is the case in standard and taiko too (adjusting the value to the mods).
Serval

TheVileOne wrote:

Have you read this thread before posting in ? Do you know why the score is different in CTB and in Standard? It can be really different from maps, and how it's mapped. Example:

NH22 - Corrosion 15M SS in standard, 25M in CTB SS
Now, here's another example:

(Dj SASA Remix) Tattoo Colour - Cinderella Orion's Prince Diff. Standard: 10.5M SS. CTB : 12M.

The differences we have here is because of the mapping itself : Orion's Prince diff doesn't have a lot of sliders (536 circles, 76 sliders). NH22's maps have 369 circles, and 260 sliders. Since the sliders are not counted the same way in CTB, they give more more more points. This results in higher score for CTB when you have a map with a lot of sliders. If you want more precision about this, please read the thread.

The score limit is fine. Since it varies from standard map on how the score is calculated, you can't say "hey, it gives about "xx" score in standard, so it should be lower in CTB.

TheVileOne wrote:

What you're saying here is kind of weird, for someone who have been on this game for two years. In standard, the top 40 is usually full with HD too... and no one evers complain about that. It's the same on CTB. Some maps allow mod, others don't. And you know, to ensure difficulty, there's a modding queue dedicated to CTB mappers. They can post their maps in, and they will be modded by other CTB players. I'm pretty sure everyone have differents view on how hard maps should be and such, but, I think it will be hard to set a standard until their is enough maps to set those standard.

TheVileOne wrote:

Huh well, what ?... You know, the general rules for mapping applies to CTB diff as well. If it's not overmapped, then, why on earth shouldn't we map it? Overmapping is not allowed in both standard and taiko, what makes you think that CTB mappers are going to overmap all their maps?

TheVileOne wrote:

I think you need more experience in CTB to judge (especially when you've obviously not read the whole thread).

You concerns about scores between skilled players, and people still learning the CTB are just ... Seriously, in both standard or CTB, people with more skills are going to rank faster. Yep. That's the point of learning how to play, making better scores on maps and such. Atm, people with low skills are going to make 3-12 millions on map, and people with great are going to play them with mods. Can you explain how it's different from standard? Random player will probably fail on some maps, while top 200 players are going to FC it with HD+HR... That's how people learn, how people gains skills.
TheVileOne
I think reading 16 pages is unreasonable to be honest.

I think a lot of my concerns have been addressed to some degree. The BAT way of thinking is still bothering me about all this. Modding CTB and Taiko for that matter is different than standard. But CTB is a great deal easier than taiko onlies so basically taiko pros earn their scores. CTB players can get 200 combos by barely moving as the notes stay at a particular point in the screen.

Who is there to keep track that users aren't just adding notes to bump up their CTB score? Are we just going to trust the CTB modders (who are the people playing such jacked up maps to start with) and getting these high scores? If the BATs can't be trained to mod it, how could it possibly be allowed? Is there currently a BAT on board with the CTB modding process? Forgive me if this issue was already covered.

Oh and my concerns about the max score are warranted. Where do we draw the line for CTB diffs? If the next hardest CTB diff has a max score of 17 million in CTB, and the CTB diff gets 28 million, but basically only pros can pass it. That means the lesser skilled players are going to settle with 11 million points less if they FC the lesser difficulty. It's already a problem in current max difficulty maps, I do not want the problem to get worse when CTB only diffs are allowed.

Here is my analysis. Corrosion without mods gets almost 26 million. IMO 26 million max without mods should be the limit. This would gain around 30 million with mods. That's over 1000 combo. I think that is more than reasonable since more than 90 percent of ranked maps don't reach that high and there is NO reason to exceed that amount. Anything more is unreasonable and the mapper should reduce the score until it's below 26 million. Even then it would have to ridiculously hard to warrant this.

Remember the old rules when we actually had strict difficulty rules. Before the map had to be so difficult that the map wasn't expected to be FC'd in order to obtain max score. If people are making maps today, the map has to be FCable by default. If people make exceptionally scored CTB maps, then they need to be exceptionally difficult. The CTB queue better be prepared to defend both sides of the coin. A map must be difficult enough to warrant the score as much as the maps can't be too difficult. BAT/ MATs are in charge of determining this usually. It bothers me that regular everyday people will be tasked to do so.
Deif
tl;dr Why don't you try the maps posted in the CTB queue? I'm sure you've only heard about troll Verdi's CTB maps.

CTB maps aren't supposed to give only an extra challenge, but to make a good CTB map due to a probable bad transition Standard->CTB.
Shiirn

TheVileOne wrote:

I think reading 16 pages is unreasonable to be honest.
then you don't belong here. The rest of your post has been discussed and brought to an equilibrium; maybe you should have read some of those 16 pages, no?

I think responding to someone too lazy to look up their own arguments is unreasonable to be honest.
bomber34
I am not sure to post this here or in the CtB guideline thread but since i read that if CtB diffs were allowed and there were more than 1 CtB diff that we should have a good difficulty spread like NHI or just HI.
I agree that many Standard mode Insane difficulties are "badly" converted to CtB but how are we supposed to do good hard difficulties or even worse "normal" diffs. that are badly converted to/from standard?

I often read that CtB should go for approved maps and not for ranking, because of that. I think we need some "hard" CtB. diffs or even better normal to demonstrate our point.
I looked at your modding queque Deif and I think most parts of your dB soundworks - It Ends (Cut Version) [Catch the Meat] map are going into the right direction but the rest maps are just insane IMO. I know i am a greenie ;_;
I will try to do a normal or hard diff. :3

For the ranked points border i think we should take 32 - 35 miilion points as already suggested. This one is like 11 miilion points over the ranked points border in standard and has like 45 million points in CtB.
TheVileOne
How likely is it for a map to have a bad translation to CTB? It's not like taiko, osu standard, and CTB is about symmetry and patterns. But only in CTB is difficulty subjective.

I will probably attempt some CTB Only maps to see the differences.

Anyways don't take my criticisms the wrong way. I want CTB Only maps to be allowed. I just had concerns that seemed overlooked. I didn't want to throw a wrench in the gears, but I wanted to be absolutely sure that there are methods to prevent abuse as if CTB maps are handled like standard maps, then people will attempt to abuse the system.

It is all too easy to add extra notes to overmap a sequence in CTB as it is to do it in standard. Although it very well could be overlooked in CTB, because it's harder to tell the difference when you're just catching and not clicking them. I don't think any amount of posted CTB only diffs could guarantee that this would be a non-issue, because it only takes an inexperienced mapper to create such flaws, and the major supporters of CTB only diffs, and the makers of those diffs they are supporting aren't those types of people. But really I can imagine the CDFA version of a CTB mapper. ._.
Deif

TheVileOne wrote:

How likely is it for a map to have a bad translation to CTB? It's not like taiko, osu standard, and CTB is about symmetry and patterns. But only in CTB is difficulty subjective.
Seriously, read the whole thread before posting.
HakuNoKaemi
You don't even need to read all the thread, actually
you can actually map a good standard .. say... Normal using small Spacing and make the not move more up and down than left and right... and something like this is even boring to watch with Auto, figure playing-
I know I'm not a CtB Player, but I do support them, as I saw the great differences in mapping styles between CtB and Standard. If you put it like this, a Standard can be converted to a Taiko that's resonable to play better than a CtB (Use a good mixing of Hitsounds, and reasonably short sliders), and why in Taikos, you can at least assign a similiar difficulty to the standard ( an Insane can be a Muzukashii or Oni, for example ) whilist in CtB an Hard can be much harder than an Insane (depending on the slider/circle/spinner mix and horizontal variation)
Drafura

Deif wrote:

TheVileOne wrote:

Seriously, read the whole thread before posting.
No he want us to repeat again and again the same thing on this thread.
TheVileOne
Repeat what exactly? My question was rhetorical. I was only stating my opinion that the bad translation excuse is simply not true. If it were to be true you would have to make a case that most songs would benefit from a CTB only difficulty, because osu standard fails to make a fun experience on all fronts as a whole. There's a difference between a good and a perfect map in this equation as well.

My point is you can't say every difficult poorly translates in CTB. If only one translates well, then that's all you need for the beatmap. How many cases have no good translations and thus would absolutely warrant a CTB only map? How many mappers keep the other gamemodes in mind when mapping their difficulties? I know I do..

Now this is all off topic. I know about all the combinations and the discussion about CTB only. I don't know what the **** you guys want me to know and I really don't know why it would affect my opinion. That's all I wanted you to know- my opinion and I wanted the highest ranked score you could think of. I got my answers- I play CTB quite often, I said I didn't know much only because I'm not a pro at the game and I didn't know anything really about scoring differences.

I was trying to be polite and you guys were just downright rude. Now you got rude Vile to deal with.
Drafura

TheVileOne wrote:

My point is you can't say every difficult poorly translates in CTB. If only one translates well, then that's all you need for the beatmap. How many cases have no good translations and thus would absolutely warrant a CTB only map? How many mappers keep the other gamemodes in mind when mapping their difficulties? I know I do..
I can say the same thing about taiko.

And why you have to read ? Just cause this thread explain why the translation is bad. You have your opinion it's ok but we told you to read to find by yourself why you are wrong.

Tips :
page 14 CtB to standard bad translation
page 11 Standard to ctb bad translation (ZHSteven post)
Sakura
I really didn't want to post here again, but since you guys are going off the trail i might as well.

The fact that standard difficulties translate well to CTB got counter-argued a long time ago, what we want you guys to do is to make a regular mapset with 1 or more CTB specific diffs and then we the BATs will judge if the CTB maps are appropiate, rankable and of good quality and not some overmapped super crazy stuff like the currently ranked ones, then we can decide if it's a good idea to make them rankable or not, and if we decide we can get them rankable, then the map provided will be the one getting ranked first along with nuking this rule.

All other regular rules apply so you also need to provide osu! standard difficulties (2 at least as well as the new diff spread rule), when you guys have your mapset ready and modded contact a BAT about it.
Disease_old_1

TheVileOne wrote:

Repeat what exactly? My question was rhetorical. I was only stating my opinion that the bad translation excuse is simply not true. If it were to be true you would have to make a case that most songs would benefit from a CTB only difficulty, because osu standard fails to make a fun experience on all fronts as a whole. There's a difference between a good and a perfect map in this equation as well.

Now this is all off topic. I know about all the combinations and the discussion about CTB only. I don't know what the **** you guys want me to know and I really don't know why it would affect my opinion. That's all I wanted you to know- my opinion and I wanted the highest ranked score you could think of. I got my answers- I play CTB quite often, I said I didn't know much only because I'm not a pro at the game and I didn't know anything really about scoring differences.

I was trying to be polite and you guys were just downright rude. Now you got rude Vile to deal with.
They wanted you to read the whole thread for you to understand. You're the one being stubborn not to.
ZHSteven
Shiirn already have a mapset including CTB diff ready goes for rank.

Lunatic Sounds (feat.eFeL) - CassiopeiA

So why not we just leave this thread a moment and see if that is approvable or not?
Shiro
Yes. There's no point in discussing this anymore. I will amend this when a CtB specific difficulty gets ranked.

ZHSteven: rename your diff to CtB Insane <_<

locking because pointless and closed as hell discussion that leads absolutely nowhere
Sakura
Opening this up again for final discussion until the rule eventually changes (or not)
Deif
I've been revising the current rule list provided by Shiirn, while this thread was closed. I'd like to add something to:
  1. Any skinned elements specifically changed for CtB must be the same size as the template skin and must follow the same rules of sense as Standard. Example.
"The plate of the ryuuta must be flat. When the fruits accumulate on the plate, the graphics must be as realistic as possible".

I've seen this ryuuta on a CTB map, and it's not pleasant to see some of fruits floating in the air, over the plate.

Sakura
lol @ that ryuuta, i'd agree, also why would you even skin a Ryuuta like that.

Edit: Maybe this should be added as a general skinning rule instead, considering fruit-ryuuta doesnt only affect CTB specific diffs but all diffs when played in CTB mode.
Drafura

Sakura Hana wrote:

Edit: Maybe this should be added as a general skinning rule instead, considering fruit-ryuuta doesnt only affect CTB specific diffs but all diffs when played in CTB mode.
Agree.
Stefan
Love my Hanyuu Ryuuta Skin forev00r. =w=
HakuNoKaemi
We can expand this

Do not make any essential gameplay elements larger than template skin dimensions (especially for combobursts). Larger elements may effect gameplay performance, and thus should be avoided. However, any elements that do not directly effect gameplay (e.g. pause-back, play-skip, etc.) may be slightly larger if a legitimate reason is given.
by adding some kind of phrase like " and follow the template element as example " or so...
(So we expand this rule for all times it does occur)
Deif
About tags in mapsets with CTB diffs... What should be included: "Catch the Beat", "CTB" or both?

As the diff name will already include the acronym CTB, I agree if we only add "Catch the Beat" to tags. Though there might be some exceptions, as http://osu.ppy.sh/s/39256

It's worth to be discussed to set some standards.
Sakura
Tags cant be searched on the web unless they're present on all difficulties, so i'd say CTB would be good for tags
CLSW
How about the fruits' species?

If there're various fruits, it can be confused a bit I think.
Shiro
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/22115

This is now officially nuked. CtB diffs are now rankable~
Sakura
So now this thread doesn't need anymore discussion (for now).
If you want to discuss CTB specific maps rules then make a thread like the taiko mappers did and discuss your rules in there.
Regarding the skinning problem, make a separate rule for that, since that's a more general rule rather than CTB-specific maps
Weez

Odaril wrote:

http://osu.ppy.sh/s/22115

This is now officially nuked. CtB diffs are now rankable~