forum

Newbie Mafia - 2of4 [Town Win!]

posted
Total Posts
show more
Mashley
So who's the mafia then?
Drakari_old
From what I hear, suspicion on you because Rantai seemed like the type to kill LS day 1, me because I hammered the person I was suspicious of rather than risk the tie going the other way (biased opinion, but it's my explanation), and JInxy for reasons I don't really remember.
Mashley
Ok lynch me then
Topic Starter
0_o
*prod everyone*
Drakari_old
Well I'm still here, but I don't have any more to say. The arguments against me are wrong but reasonable, and I don't even know the arguments against anyone else.
NoHitter
Well, barring Mashley's questionable comment, I don't think there's anything quite else to discuss.
I'm still pretty sure my vote on Drakari is correct, and unless anything else happens, I'm keeping it.
Topic Starter
0_o
3 days remaining
Ivalset
Well, this is a pretty bullshit post, but I honestly don't have much else to say or discuss. I still feel JInxy is the one, therefore I'm leaving my vote on him. I'm somewhat reluctant to believe Drakari is mafia since he was the trigger that sparked Ekaru killing himself, so it just seems a bit out of place. I'm more than content to lynch Drakari eventually, however, if it comes down to the wire.
NoHitter

Ivalset wrote:

Well, this is a pretty bullshit post, but I honestly don't have much else to say or discuss. I still feel JInxy is the one, therefore I'm leaving my vote on him. I'm somewhat reluctant to believe Drakari is mafia since he was the trigger that sparked Ekaru killing himself, so it just seems a bit out of place. I'm more than content to lynch Drakari eventually, however, if it comes down to the wire.
Could you repeat why exactly you think JInxy is mafia?
Ivalset
It's less that I think he's mafia and more that I don't think anyone else is.

Also, this post bothers me:

JInxyjem wrote:

Could you explain as to why you think Wojjan would kill LS?
It was already obvious that meta/gut was the reasoning as to why Rantai thought Wojjan would kill LS, so that post seems more like a subtle suggestion.
Jinxy
Alright I'm here but I have nothing I can think of to say. Although I'm looking at Mash now after his "lynch me" post
Topic Starter
0_o
Vote Count
JInxyjem (1) - Ivalset
Drakari (1) - NoHItter

Not voting: JInxyjem, Mashley, Drakari

24.5 hours remaining

EDIT: Whoops
Ivalset
Did you miss NoHItter's vote on Drakari?
Drakari_old

NoHItter wrote:

Vote: Drakari
Just saying, because I'd hate to mess up democratic process... or something.

Anyways, since we're down to the last day I'm going to vote to save myself, because I'm 100% certain that my death is bad for the town while I have no special reason to believe either way for JInxy. I might not be on again before Night, but better evidence would be good if anyone wants to propose something.

vote: JInxyjem
NoHitter
My vote still remains on Drakari. He is the most suspicious at the moment, and I think he's the last mafia.
Also, I don't think I'll be online when the deadline is up.
Drakari_old
A little past the deadline right now... Cause for alarm or is there usually a bit of leeway that I don't notice because it's when I'm asleep anyway?
Topic Starter
0_o
Final Vote Count
JInxyjem (2) - Ivalset, Drakari
Drakari (1) - NoHItter

Not voting: JInxyjem, Mashley

--

JInxyjem - Townie - Lynched D3

It is now Night 3

Night ends in 24 hours.
Topic Starter
0_o
Drakari - Doctor - Nightkilled N3

It is now Day 4

Deadline is in 3 5 days.

With 3 alive, it's 2 votes to lynch.
Drakari_old
Have fun cleaning up my complete and utter failure...

(We do get one last parting comment, right?)
NoHitter
Well I have no idea who to go for now...
Got to reread it.
And I think it's time to massclaim.

I'm a Townie.
Topic Starter
0_o
32.5 hours left.
Ivalset
I think it's pretty late to call for a mass claim. What exactly are you expecting to hear?
NoHitter
There's still a chance that there's another power role around.
Although now that you mention it, any claim now should be taken with a grain of salt as mafia could just gambit and claim a power role.
Well anyway, I'm waiting for Mashley's claim.
NoHitter
Sigh basically Mashley lurked this entire day.
Prod Mashley

Mod: Can you extend the deadline? Even a day is fine :/
Topic Starter
0_o
Finding a replacement for Mashley, and extending the deadline by 2 days.
Ivalset
We could just lynch Mashley. I can just blame the loss on him anyway!
Wojjan
I'm on the scene. Don't have a role yet but I'm ON THE SCENE DAMMIT
Wojjan
alright I'm here and I'm a townie. Ival is also a townie I assume. 3-way lylo.

If I were to vote anyone it's Ival, but I don't know why so I'm gonna go over this again to see where I stand.
Ivalset
I'd honestly rather lynch NoHItter than you.
Wojjan
Well, that surprises me considering how mashley has been playing
Wojjan
In fact please explain why you think I am town. Rantai has been ONLY fossing and voting townies (me 1.0, darkari, jinxy) with shoddy reasoning at best, mashley was lurkerama and said "lynch me" at some point which I have no idea how to interpret other than defeatism or a bad gambit, and I have all of two posts one of which where I suspect you and give no reasoning.

What did any of us do for you to consider me town?
Ivalset
Mm, I assume he was disinterested. Also as weak as it is, I wouldn't really expect mafia to replace twice, even though Rantai had a reason for it.

I wouldn't be surprised with either of you turning out to be mafia, so it's pretty much a coin flip for me.
Ivalset

Wojjan wrote:

Rantai has been ONLY fossing and voting townies (me 1.0, darkari, jinxy) with shoddy reasoning at best
I'm also not seeing Rantai's votes on Drakari or JInxy, but maybe I'm blind.
Ivalset
The only thing that really instills doubt in me is that NoHItter started the lynch on Ekaru.
Wojjan

Rantai wrote:

Well I was wrong about Wojjan leaving just bmin/Jinxy and Drakari left on my list.
top of a page somewhere, I think twelve
NoHitter
Hmm I'm not sure.

Backfire was lazy and claimed VT early on. That would have been bad strategy play from Mafia, since generally, Mafia should claim power roles. Ival was basically a null read, until today where he said he would lynch Mashley then after Wojjan-2 posted, did a 180 and said would lynch me.

And it seems Wojjan-2 has kind of pointed out the suspicious things between Rantai and Mashley already. Although I think Rantai's voting is a null read. It seems the thing that Rantai would do following his meta.
Wojjan
I am going to quote you from now on on the fact that Rantai's meta is being terrible at mafia.
owned.

Anyway what really ticks me off about your post above me is the "Hmm I'm not sure," it's pretty obvious you're not since it's three-way. Saying it explicitly like that makes you seem pretty scummy, since that'd improve the odds of us two crossvoting. You'd get the hammer and you won either way, makes it seem.

Still Ival has been all over the place, first on Mashley to the point where he admits he doesn't care about his reasoning and says "let's just lynch him" but then when I show up he turns the game around and goes for you, but a lot more meek than he was on me, maybe because you're actually around to defend yourself.
Ivalset
Well, I've always been suspicious of Hitter, but if Mashley was just going to afk the last 2 days and contribute absolutely nothing then I don't really feel responsible for a loss if he turned up as town.
NoHitter

Wojjan wrote:

I am going to quote you from now on on the fact that Rantai's meta is being terrible at mafia.
owned.
What I meant was that Rantai's meta for both town and scum are similar when it came to those votes, so it's a null tell.

Wojjan wrote:

Anyway what really ticks me off about your post above me is the "Hmm I'm not sure," it's pretty obvious you're not since it's three-way. Saying it explicitly like that makes you seem pretty scummy, since that'd improve the odds of us two crossvoting. You'd get the hammer and you won either way, makes it seem.
Well it does look suspicious if you look at it that way, but I was just stating what I thought.
Backfire/Ival was a town read until today when he pulled a 180, while you/Rantai/Mashley have been a null read, so I said I wasn't sure.

Ivalset wrote:

Well, I've always been suspicious of Hitter, but if Mashley was just going to afk the last 2 days and contribute absolutely nothing then I don't really feel responsible for a loss if he turned up as town.
Since when have you been suspicious of me? I don't recall you stating why I was suspicious either.
Ivalset
I figured you'd have the most to actively gain from killing LS in night 1, since he was really the only one who was gunning for you at all.
show more