forum

Newbie Mafia - 2of4 [Town Win!]

posted
Total Posts
show more
NoHitter
Sigh basically Mashley lurked this entire day.
Prod Mashley

Mod: Can you extend the deadline? Even a day is fine :/
Topic Starter
0_o
Finding a replacement for Mashley, and extending the deadline by 2 days.
Ivalset
We could just lynch Mashley. I can just blame the loss on him anyway!
Wojjan
I'm on the scene. Don't have a role yet but I'm ON THE SCENE DAMMIT
Wojjan
alright I'm here and I'm a townie. Ival is also a townie I assume. 3-way lylo.

If I were to vote anyone it's Ival, but I don't know why so I'm gonna go over this again to see where I stand.
Ivalset
I'd honestly rather lynch NoHItter than you.
Wojjan
Well, that surprises me considering how mashley has been playing
Wojjan
In fact please explain why you think I am town. Rantai has been ONLY fossing and voting townies (me 1.0, darkari, jinxy) with shoddy reasoning at best, mashley was lurkerama and said "lynch me" at some point which I have no idea how to interpret other than defeatism or a bad gambit, and I have all of two posts one of which where I suspect you and give no reasoning.

What did any of us do for you to consider me town?
Ivalset
Mm, I assume he was disinterested. Also as weak as it is, I wouldn't really expect mafia to replace twice, even though Rantai had a reason for it.

I wouldn't be surprised with either of you turning out to be mafia, so it's pretty much a coin flip for me.
Ivalset

Wojjan wrote:

Rantai has been ONLY fossing and voting townies (me 1.0, darkari, jinxy) with shoddy reasoning at best
I'm also not seeing Rantai's votes on Drakari or JInxy, but maybe I'm blind.
Ivalset
The only thing that really instills doubt in me is that NoHItter started the lynch on Ekaru.
Wojjan

Rantai wrote:

Well I was wrong about Wojjan leaving just bmin/Jinxy and Drakari left on my list.
top of a page somewhere, I think twelve
NoHitter
Hmm I'm not sure.

Backfire was lazy and claimed VT early on. That would have been bad strategy play from Mafia, since generally, Mafia should claim power roles. Ival was basically a null read, until today where he said he would lynch Mashley then after Wojjan-2 posted, did a 180 and said would lynch me.

And it seems Wojjan-2 has kind of pointed out the suspicious things between Rantai and Mashley already. Although I think Rantai's voting is a null read. It seems the thing that Rantai would do following his meta.
Wojjan
I am going to quote you from now on on the fact that Rantai's meta is being terrible at mafia.
owned.

Anyway what really ticks me off about your post above me is the "Hmm I'm not sure," it's pretty obvious you're not since it's three-way. Saying it explicitly like that makes you seem pretty scummy, since that'd improve the odds of us two crossvoting. You'd get the hammer and you won either way, makes it seem.

Still Ival has been all over the place, first on Mashley to the point where he admits he doesn't care about his reasoning and says "let's just lynch him" but then when I show up he turns the game around and goes for you, but a lot more meek than he was on me, maybe because you're actually around to defend yourself.
Ivalset
Well, I've always been suspicious of Hitter, but if Mashley was just going to afk the last 2 days and contribute absolutely nothing then I don't really feel responsible for a loss if he turned up as town.
NoHitter

Wojjan wrote:

I am going to quote you from now on on the fact that Rantai's meta is being terrible at mafia.
owned.
What I meant was that Rantai's meta for both town and scum are similar when it came to those votes, so it's a null tell.

Wojjan wrote:

Anyway what really ticks me off about your post above me is the "Hmm I'm not sure," it's pretty obvious you're not since it's three-way. Saying it explicitly like that makes you seem pretty scummy, since that'd improve the odds of us two crossvoting. You'd get the hammer and you won either way, makes it seem.
Well it does look suspicious if you look at it that way, but I was just stating what I thought.
Backfire/Ival was a town read until today when he pulled a 180, while you/Rantai/Mashley have been a null read, so I said I wasn't sure.

Ivalset wrote:

Well, I've always been suspicious of Hitter, but if Mashley was just going to afk the last 2 days and contribute absolutely nothing then I don't really feel responsible for a loss if he turned up as town.
Since when have you been suspicious of me? I don't recall you stating why I was suspicious either.
Ivalset
I figured you'd have the most to actively gain from killing LS in night 1, since he was really the only one who was gunning for you at all.
NoHitter
Well, I don't think I can counter that argument against me by anything other than WIFOM.

Edit: I seem to recall someone else saying something about LS's death.
Topic Starter
0_o
24.5 hours remain
NoHitter
I won't be on during the deadline, so I'm voting now.

Ivalset:
This sort of defies my previous reads on Backfire (Mafia generally claim power roles instead of vanilla townies), but today's action seem suspicious - including wanting to lynch Mashley first then when Wojjan arrives, switching to me.

I can't counter your argument regarding me and LS, but if you were suspicious, why haven't you mentioned it until now if you've "always been suspicious" of me.

Wojjan:
Well my read on Rantai was null. His voting patterns and actions seemed to be both consistent with his town and scum meta.
My read on Wojjan is town. Actively looking for reads and voices opinions against both Ival and me seems very townie.
Well there's the issue about Mashley and the lurking and the "lynch me" statement, but I think that was more due to reluctance to play than giving up as mafia.

So, I will:
Vote: Ivalset
Ivalset
Well, with regards to only voicing my suspicions as of late, I only did so because prior to that I was much more suspicious of both JInxy and Drakari. Plus, still had to deal with the fact that you pretty much started the lynch on Ekaru, so it's kind of difficult for me to really fathom why you would so readily lynch one of your own at a point where it would have been possible to save them.

As a final explanation of my flipflopping, my desire to lynch Mashley was solely based on his inactivity and his unwillingness to contribute at all. With him being replaced, I decided to go back to my original suspect. The suspect I never voiced was a suspect because I honestly didn't think the game would come down to this. With the massive misstep made by Ekaru on day one, I feel that the only way this game would go on as long as it did is if it was orchestrated from the start by someone who was largely seen as pro-town.

I'll just recap all the notable actions NoHItter did with my perceived/slanted reasonings as to why he did them:
- Day 1, started lynch bandwagon on Ekaru to establish himself as pro-town
- Night 1, kills LadySuburu because at this point is the only one who really suspects him enough to vote on him. Rantai noticed an early aggressive playstyle but didn't really do much of anything beyond that.
- Day 2, opens with viewtopic.php?p=1368709#p1368709 , specifically "I doubt Mafia can argue with such veracity with each other - not to mention be one of the group who voted Ekaru first." At this point he can just take a backseat and bandwagon on anyone who seems suspicious enough based on their day 1 behavior.
- Night 2, Sync is killed, possibly because he's the other most-confirmed town, or possibly to draw attention to Drakari since Sync threatened to lynch him due to his d2 hammer. I'd wager the former more than the latter, really.
- Day 3, at this point I don't think it matters to NoHItter whether either Drakari or JInxy gets lynched, as he can easily just nightkill the other. Backfire's only real defense for his play up until replacement is that he claimed vanilla townie on day 2, and that's only so effective. Starting a lynch on a mafia rolecop is a waaaay better defense. In addition, Rantai's voting patterns are similar to NoHItter's with the exception that he bandwagoned on day 1. Plus, with Mashley's indifference/anti-town play on d3 it'd be fairly easy to go either way at this point. I'll admit that my day 4 actions may have been voiced inappropriately and perhaps too late, however.

In any case, there's really only one valid option left for me. Also, shoutouts to Kiddo-Kun.

Vote: NoHItter
Wojjan
God fucking damnit both of you I will swoop in here with a vote soon enough just gimme a second.
Wojjan
VOTE NOHITTER SUE ME

AAAAAAAAAA FUCK YOU PASONIA
Salvage
IS WOJJAN THE NEW KIDDO?

DID IVALSET SURVIVED THE KIDDO SITUATION AND WILL NOW SLEEP QUIETLY?

WE'LL KNOW THAT IN THE NEXT CHAPPPPTER.
Ivalset
At worst, wojjan is the new Salvage
Rantai
GG That's the choice I would have made
Wojjan
fuck

oh well

I couldn't find a single game where Nohitter was scum :( I really expected him to be more agressive towards me today, rantai and mashley both did a bit of weird stuff but he just kept going for ival :c
Topic Starter
0_o
Final Vote Count
NoHItter (2) - Ivalset, Wojjan2
Ivalset (1) - NoHItter

Drumroll please...

Results
NoHItter - Mafia Goon - Lynched D4

Town Win!

--

Roles
Mafia Rolecop - Ekaru
Mafia Goon - NoHItter
Doctor - Drakari
Townie - Everyone else

Actions
Night 1
Drakari - Protect Sync
NoHItter - kill LadySuburu

Night 2
Drakari - protect NoHItter
NoHItter - kill Sync

Night 3
Drakari - protect NoHItter (he actually wasn't allowed to do this since he protected NoH previous night, be he was dying anyway so I didn't bother asking for another target)
NoHItter - kill Drakari

Mafia Quicktopic
Ivalset
"Ergo I will kill Sync, and hope that it will implicate Drakari."

Nice.
Salvage
gj town
Wojjan
oh fuck yes
no kiddo today
LadySuburu
@NoHItter: If I get NK'd as townie, then I've succeeded. :D
Drakari_old
Not allowed to protect the same person twice? Didn't know that.

Anyway, I appologize for being so terrible at this.
Rantai
Lol gg xD
NoHitter
Ahh well.
Managed to survive so long after lynching my partner D1.
/RAGE
EKARU, WHY DID YOU NOT CLAIM COP??!!!?!?!?!?!?!?

Oh and good news is that, in exchange for not making a proper case against Ival and not defending myself against him, I'm confident regarding my chemistry exam score today.
Rantai
Inb4 fail