forum

What was the worst anime you've ever seen?

posted
Total Posts
show more
blobman000
Warning: Strong opinions ahead

I hated the 2006 version of Kanon (I never watched the 2002 version).
I thought it was average throughout the entire show, and then the ending came.
In the three Key animes I've watched, I absolutely hated the ending in all of them.

Kanon's ending was just stupid
Kanon spoilers
The anime managed to have emotional moments throughout the series. I was actually starting to enjoy it, and then the ending came.
It just sounded like the end of a kids' story. It absolutely ruined the plot by saying "And then everyone miraculously recovered, despite hours of lead-up to a depressing end."
The ending ruined the show for me, and it made Mai's story arc the only memorable one in the show.

Clannad: After Story was great until the ending.
AS and Clannad Movie spoilers
I didn't watch 47 episodes of a show just to find out that just about every sad moment in the show was all part of a dream.

Even though the movie removed half of the plot, it still had a much better ending than the show.

The Angel Beats ending was alright until
Angel Beats spoilers
The random five second clip at the end. I was excited for the OVA, because I thought that it would explain this. Instead, it just showed that Angel liked gardening.
Kokizi

-Mantis- wrote:

AND I FUCKING HATE FUUKO, SHE'S NOT CUTE, SHE IS THE MOST ANNOYING CHARACTER IV'E EVER SEEN!
I like Clannad, but I'll have to say that the quoted statement is true.

actually only watched it because it was funny.
Reisen-Inaba
Touhou... if the anime counts ....
Its only 1 episode... it hasn´t got any story... the drawings are ugly...the ending sounds like: "hey there will be a second episode waatch it too" but well i never seen one and i think there isn´t any.... maybe i am wrong and it has story and more episodes but srsly it just sucks :<
Firo Prochainezo

Reisen-Inaba wrote:

Touhou... if the anime counts ....
Its only 1 episode... it hasn´t got any story... the drawings are ugly...the ending sounds like: "hey there will be a second episode waatch it too" but well i never seen one and i think there isn´t any.... maybe i am wrong and it has story and more episodes but srsly it just sucks :<
Ehy, don't hate and give them some credit. That anime was fan made.
Pineapple-sama
Itazura na Kiss
very boring for me
Rii_old_1
Maria-sama ga Miteru, srsly was boring
CapnDavid
Nothing so far I think.
mathexpert
Mayoi Neko Overrun...was really terrible.

basically they thought it would be a good idea to have a different director produce each episode but what it really was a jumbled mess that didn't go anywhere. And the beginning was pretty good too, what a let down.

Still, although that's the worst anime I've seen I generally like all types of anime so I don't really hate any, just dislike a select few. :)
UnderminE
Norageki!

why am I still alive
Skuld
Yosuga no Sora.
I was really hoping it would have at least a good plot, despite its genre...
Cara_Legal_old
Best:One Piece
Poor:Bokusatsu tenshi dokuro
California
koe de oshigoto..
Konaruhi

Rii wrote:

Maria-sama ga Miteru, srsly was boring
Yeah \m/
That anime was really boring.
REALLY BORING
jabberwockey

Thimeeh wrote:

FLCL
Whyyyyyyyyyyyyy :(

Magikano was really generic and bland. All the characters were annoying except probably two, which is not good in an anime :U
Joystick_old
11eyes ;O;
And... oh god... the OVA...
SereneMidnight
Akikan... The plot made no sense whatsoever and I dropped it after the third episode. Another one is Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu, and I hate it when people compare that to Oreimo... Dropped that one after the fifth episode.
Mogsy
Recently? 11eyes and Yosuga no Sora.
ychao

Mogsworth wrote:

Nice OP and the generally good BGM + decent animation though.

As for my worst series, can't really think of one atm but for me it would be most of harem genre I guess.
Mogsy

ychao24 wrote:

Mogsworth wrote:

Nice OP and the generally good BGM + decent animation though.

As for my worst series, can't really think of one atm but for me it would be most of harem genre I guess.
Content is more important than that, though, honestly.
Bakario
k-on and toradora

EDIT: evangelion too
mathexpert

Bakario wrote:

k-on and toradora

..whaa?? I personally thought it was a very well executed anime...
ychao

Mogsworth wrote:

I concur. BGM and animation can only go so far to make it at least watchable, but the plot takes precedence of course - which was apparently neglected by the production team in the case of YnS.

mathexpert9981 wrote:

Bakario wrote:

k-on and toradora

..whaa?? I personally thought it was a very well executed anime...
Me too. It exceeded my expectations by quite a bit actually.
Bakario
that's meibi cuz you guys like shitty animes.

go and see phantom requiem for the phantom :D
Mogsy
Or because they have different tastes. Also, not everyone likes Bee Train girls-with-guns shows (I, for one, thought Madlax was a piece of shit and deserves to be in this thread).

ychao24 wrote:

Mogsworth wrote:

I concur. BGM and animation can only go so far to make it at least watchable, but the plot takes precedence of course - which was apparently neglected by the production team in the case of YnS.
I didn't even find the animation in Yosuga no Sora to be all that great. Anatomical weirdery, stilted movement, reliance on non-impressive scenery panning shots in place of actual animation at points...Yosuga no Sora was pretty unwatchable. At least 11eyes went down easily, in that 'horrible junk food' sort of sense.
-Athena-
Magikano
jabberwockey

-A t H e N a- wrote:

Magikano
lol obviously
PaiYuri
Golden Boy. I'm certainly not averse to a ecchi stuff, but this one was just awful.
SereneMidnight
Another one I should add is iDOLM@STER Xenoglossia. The original iM@S involves producing your own teen idol. This anime involves mecha. I completely disliked on how the characters were drastically changed. Pretty much the characters names were the same. (Ex: Chihaya Kisaragi in the game has a flat chest and more blue hair compared to her Xenoglossia self.)
GeNJiii_old
I'm sorry, but evangelion was very boring for me, i watch 4 chapters and i dont need more xD
Kinrinjin7
For me, it would be Zombie loan. There were lots of boring things that sometimes, i would just skip some parts. But even though, there were some interesting parts.
Anzo
Oniichan no koto nanka blahblah... hate how they're drawn, but somehow managed until EP13
(and I love the OP, that's the exception)
Wassaaaa

GeNJiii wrote:

I'm sorry, but evangelion was very boring for me, i watch 4 chapters and i dont need more xD
Don't you appreciate an epic story, still looking! I order you ò_ó
Bakario

Wassaaaa wrote:

GeNJiii wrote:

Don't you appreciate an epic story, still looking! I order you ò_ó
overrated.
Backfire
Anyone who thinks Evangelion is by any means the worst anime ever...well...I just feel sorry for them.
nirvashzero
canaan.
Arusha Shuna
No, i never read the synopsis of any of these animes (bad mistake) except for K-ON

- Yosuga no sora, I never knew about it but my fwnds said it's from a VN so okay, I'm a VN player myself. dropped after 6 eps, not very good at all

- KissXsis, dropped after 3 episodes. I mean, what the hell, story?

- Qwaser, 1 episode but i might give it another chance but no, not getting any better at all

- HotD, half episode

i'll never watch any fanservice filled anime. Ever. Again.
and oh yeah

- K-ON!!, second season is boring
Irisu_old
School Days, need I say more?
Samwais
Divergence Eve, a pretty obscure one, but the fact that I only managed to survive 5 minutes of the first episode before dropping the abomination tells its own story <.<

Oh and Ikkitousen, but that one was borderline "so bad it's good".
Exerion
My Worst list:
Naruto;
Gintama;
Lucky Star;
Crystal Blaze;
Texhnolyze;
Ikkitousen.
Magicphoenix
Naruto = =
show more