forum

Hardest video game you've encountered?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Dafydd
This might be a repost, but I think QWOP is the hardest.
http://www.foddy.net/Athletics.html
Yeah, 1 meter is a "big" distance. :D
eat my soup
Metroid on the NES. I beat it, but the game was so poorly designed that to play it without any outside source would take a lifetime to beat.
Pokebis

eat my soup wrote:

Metroid on the NES. I beat it, but the game was so poorly designed that to play it without any outside source would take a lifetime to beat.
A lot of NES games were like this. You had to basically bomb random walls in the original Zelda if you wanted to find anything.
awp

Dafydd wrote:

This might be a repost, but I think QWOP is the hardest.
http://www.foddy.net/Athletics.html
Yeah, 1 meter is a "big" distance. :D
just do a kneeling drag, bro
GensokyoAkuma
The dark spire for NDS.
It's so goddamn hard, also I just don't seem to have the patience for a hardcore labyrinth dungeon crawler RPG T_T
except for shin megami tensei: strange journey.. god, that game was pretty hard >.< but sooooo damn awesome *__*
I liked the story and visuals of The dark spire though lol
awp
Strange Journey? more like Shin Megami Tensei: Rise of the Cybermen
Ekaru
Super Mario Bros. Yes, the original one.

...Yes, I'm *that* bad at platformers.
Dafydd

awp wrote:

just do a kneeling drag, bro
Aahhh yes. But it still ain't easy! :D
Only a few people could do a "close to perfect" run, but would still fall after running several meters. :D

Ekaru wrote:

Super Mario Bros. Yes, the original one.

...Yes, I'm *that* bad at platformers.
I agree with you. But I don't think you're bad with platform games. Bros. 1 had just insane difficulty.
-Insane Super Mario- Totally different from the original. x10 difficulty. :D
eat my soup

Pokebis wrote:

eat my soup wrote:

A lot of NES games were like this. You had to basically bomb random walls in the original Zelda if you wanted to find anything.
Although I agree, there are T]two things that seperate LoZ from Metroid:

1. Most random bombing was optional. Neither the potion nor container was NEEDED to win, just made it easier.
2. Necessary bombing was most of the time deducted from logic by using the map and seeing there is no passage way into the room nearby on all sides. Plus, it tended to be in the center of the wall.

Metroid was like telling me to find a needle in a haystack over one hundred different times. Thanksfully bombing random places didnt take some form of money like in LoZ.
Low
/
Rii_old_1
uff I found this new game named "Minecraft" and I still didn't beat the game yet. :(
Dafydd

Rii wrote:

uff I found this new game named "Minecraft" and I still didn't beat the game yet. :(
Wait I thought, you just build blocks and stuff then show it to mods then poof!
Rii_old_1
heh, but I wanna win at it, nvm then, quitting minecraft lul
Aoko
Final Fantasy XII for the DS.
Elit3noob
Army Men Sarges Heroes on PS1. Still can't get past level 4 >:(
vizzy
I think Wild Arms 4. I got to one puzzle near the end of the game and spent countless hours on it, reading FAQs and couldn't overcome it. Then I stopped playing.
Hakeru
i wanna be the fangam =,=a

too much trap
Dieathan
Mega Man Zero, the first one.
Mega Man X6 was cheap in difficulty but even then I could still finish that. In Mega Man Zero, despite being genuinely hard, I can't even beat the first of the final stages.
Drexel13
Amnesia : The Dark Descent
shit, filled with wandering monster and no weapons at all..
-Athena-
I take my previous words back... Osu is probably the hardest game I've encountered
kriers

-A t H e N a- wrote:

I take my previous words back... Osu is probably the hardest game I've encountered
I second that
Rii_old_1
good point, I'd say stepmania was the hardest for me, I never was able to do 2 of the beatmaps I've downloaded with massive bpm changes (when at my best long ago)
If I'd try it right now... I'd fail worse than before, those maps are more terrible than 1 fingered 200bpm (and I use right hand only for stepmania) (how the hell was I able to keep up with it)
kriers
heey, I used 1 hand for SM, too. Playing all the rythm games with 1 hand \o/
Rii_old_1

kriers wrote:

heey, I used 1 hand for SM, too. Playing all the rythm games with 1 hand \o/
1 hand only! BIG BIG YEAH!!
Topic Starter
Rantai
/facedesk

Two handed all the way~
-KeRoRo-
Dustforce is pretty damn tough towards the last unlocks.

Harder than meat boy imo. More controls and such.
jabberwockey
This will sound stupid but honestly it's Touhou : Embodiment of Scarlet Devil because Bullet Hell ( Danmaku ) games are by far my least played genre D: could barely get past 3 levels on EASY
YodaSnipe
Definitely Resonance of Fate, until you get used to the extremely complex combat system, ur kinda SoL
SereneMidnight
Hmm... I would have to say either Deathsmiles, Triggerheart Exelica, or Otomedius Excellent. Just don't remember enemy positions for some stages. Especially on higher difficulties...
vizzy
Metroid Prime
SereneMidnight

vizzy wrote:

Metroid Prime
Don't forget the other two as well...

Last boss of 3 was just a pain... You have so many things to worry about during that fight, down to the point where it's just crazy.
Dafydd
Any horror game. I'm such a pussy that I just want to camp instead of exploring to finish the game. :D
GeNJiii_old
I remember a hard game, his name was Super Meat Boy 2, its not the hardest i ever played i think, but its very funny.

Totally recommended, and WARNING, your little finger will be punished.....trust me ;)
AfroPriest
Iwannabetheguy,Ninja Gaiden 2 (made me rage pretty hard,broke a controller),multitask.
game,TheImpossibleGame,Iwannabethetribute (never actually played it,tho).
Pretty much the classics
Drexel13
I suppose I should add Kingdom Hearts 2 then...
defeating Sephiroth (even in LVL99) is still hard..
dodging Meteors, getting ready for the Heartless Angel and his multiple combo long sword
Blue Stig
I thought the Prime series wasn't too bad.
You had a big health bar in those games.
...Of course you needed it, but it was not that bad if you read the enemy patterns...
I do remember dying some though...and I still have to finish 2...

Wait I played the special Trilogy version on the Wii. That had a good control scheme. Never mind.

Definitely Iwannabetheguy. Also, Dark Souls
PaiYuri
Hard to say, there are quite some games that feel impossibly hard. Just from the top of my head, I'd say Ghouls and Ghosts. I'll never understand how such a game, that's made of pure frustration, could have ever become so popular.
SereneMidnight
Now that I really think about it. It has to be Ace Combat 6 on Ace difficulty (Landing repair is disabled, not to mention that the enemies are more stronger and more accurate) or Ace Combat: Assault Horizon on Ace (Health regeneration is disabled, not to mention that the enemies are deadly accurate).
Remilia--_old
Contra!
It gives very little lifes to get through so much T^T i always fail!
SereneMidnight

Remilia-- wrote:

Contra!
It gives very little lifes to get through so much T^T i always fail!
That's why there's the Konami Code~ (Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A, sometimes Start)
show more