forum

How has music on osu! affect you?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Galkan
May bless be cast upon those who have brung here the Demetori's songs! Without them I'd not know of such fine music ;) Other likes of mine? Some vocaloid songs and other R&M ones. Dislikes? Nightcore's #1 here, eastern pop placing as second. Come on folks, get some good western stuff here!
UnderminE
Demeto- Oh hey Galkan \:D/

Galkan wrote:

May bless be cast upon those who have brung here the Demetori's songs!
Backfire
I KNOW EVERY GENRE EVER NOW
EXCEPT DUBSTEP
WHAT IS THAT
NO ONE EVER MAPS THAT SHIT ON OZU!
Sander-Don
Until I played osu! I mainly only listened to power / death metal. Now I like most Trance and DnB songs.
TKiller
osu! is probably one of the reasons I moved from metal/rock to hard/speedcore electronica even though the amount of it here is close to none. At least the amount of songs relevant to my current tastes is.

Also it made me sad that I didn't know about Yousei Teikoku back when I was listening to Evanescence/Within Temptation/Sirenia/... Could be a great addition, but now it's sorta late.

Last, but not least, I've never heard Himiko before I played it here even though I was already starting to get into beatmania by that time. It's one of my most favourite songs now, probably listened to over 1,5k times if you add the osu! playcount.
hillaryzx
I found that osu! may have the songs that I like compare to watching TV and download the songs...
It seems that osu! has big affect on me.. :D
bmin11
Without osu! musics, I wouldn't have known of Miku, Touhou, and a whole lots of animes, like monogatari series for example. I can actually recognize some Touhou characters now. I don't get confused between Rin (vocaloid) and Lucky Star anymore as well. Not sure if this is a good sign or not, but I'm gaining knowledge at least lol

My taste on music also changed. I used to just listen to none other then K-Pops and some few Band musics. After I met osu!, it changed into Drum 'N' Bass and sorts. I don't know which music hooked me up first, but I think it was Mei or MENDES.
Kana
im a musician and although i play osu now i feel the rythem in any type of genre. I also get to see more anime and virtual novels which is also epic =3
Rii_old_1

depending on the speed of the song
Topic Starter
ouranhshc

Rii wrote:

OMG ITS WILLOW
ychao

Rii wrote:

FTW.
Rii_old_1

ychao24 wrote:

FTW.
yes, always.
Teras
Haven't affected me at all. Just found some more Yousei Teikoku/Karen songs. My taste in music is still the same as it was before i began to play osu
MMzz
osu! has made me appriciate music of all kinds.
When I started I was one of those hardcore death metal koo keeds.
Now I love all types of music.
Thanks osu! <3
K a Y e
Until I played osu! I never realized that I love Japanese songs! And, I discovered "Touhou' osu!
awp
osu! has had very little impact on me musically, but I've found a few things to my liking like Stam1na, turmion kätilöt and The Funeral Orchestra (granted I didn't find out about these bands by them being mapped in osu!). And Diablo Swing Orchestra, assuming it was CheeseWarlock who told me about them and not somebody else. Can't really remember.
Lybydose
Yousei Teikoku
xRayne

meiikyuu wrote:

made me more open about different types of music ^^
This ^^
Niva
Nekomata Master ~ ♥

Yeah, found awesome genres such as DnB, Happy Hardcore, or Hard Renaissance (Renaissance Hardcore) through this game, and Krisom's post here (last post) now allows my ear to determine 1/6s ~

also, Mei ♥ ~

----------------------------------------

EDIT : lol, I mean Mei (song) as bmin said ><
Rii_old_1

Mei <3
-Athena-
I get turned on by a computer singing, probably nuff said
Mercurial

Niva wrote:

Nekomata Master ~ ♥
Necro Neko
Without Osu! I would have never heard of Hatsune Miku or other Vocaloids. Also Touhou. :O
Coro
I start seeing circles circles everywhere when I listen to music, lol.
S i c K_old
It made me miss the sound of clapping hit circles whenever listening to the original song! ;)
thelewa
the music on osu! has made my sense of hearing a lot worse
Rii_old_1

ragelewa wrote:

the music on osu! has made my sense of hearing a lot worse
I totally forgot this
Rantai
I guess the only thing that has changed for me is that I discovered how good Umineko music is.
D33d
osu! has made me more lenient towards popular music, largely because fun maps can pick out parts of a track that I wouldn't pay so much attention to, even if I were to listen critically. The maps generally give me more of an appreciation for music which is beat-driven and tuned to the mind's craving for repetition and consistence. A lot of the music that I'm exposed to outside of this game just doesn't have that.
Tshemmp
I start tapping with my fingers as soon as I hear music somewhere and imagine how this song would be playable/mapable.
Dusalty
More symptoms of synesthesia & I found tano*c
Xagrok
I would also not have known of Touhou without Dark Side of Fate.
I also discovered that I somehow like Metal by listening to Taketori Hishou and Stirring an Autumn Moon. I first found it somehow strange, but I like Dark PHOENiX.
Oh, And Osu! let me discover EBA :)
seasonS

Vmx wrote:

Now I have to hide my playlist from my friends D:
Oh so true o:
Shohei Ohtani
I entered the game a normal video game nerd of about 14 years of age.

I'm now a weeaboo.
SapphireGhost
I was introduced to a very large amount of artists I wouldn't know otherwise, including lots that I probably should have known before osu!
Larto and friends alone probably introduced me to Imogen Heap, La Roux, P!nk, Owl City, Ke$ha, Avenged Sevenfold, Pendulum, Paramore, My Chemical Romance, OK Go, Marina & The Diamonds, Ellie Goulding, Florence + The Machine, Meg & Dia, Taylor Swift, and Sky Ferreira. I had probably somewhat heard of some of these artists before but now I definitely know them more.
IppE
I dislike Hatsune Miku even more now. And I listen to more electronic music.
ampzz
I found my preferred musical genre to be drum and bass, learnt how awesome 07th Expansion was, discovered a hate for nightcore and finally listened to vocaloid music.
MickX
osu! influenced me in many, many ways. Heck, there's so much I did take from osu! that sometimes I can't stop flowing to the beat of a beatmap I played (or even a random tune in my head) in plain open air! It sure made me feel more enthusiastic! :)

Alongside the general upbeat, there were a couple of artists I got to know better thanks to this game. Owl City, Lia, Florence + the Machine, Taylor Swift, Anamanaguchi (sp?), La Oreja de Van Gogh, KOTOKO... just to name some of the top of my head. Before that I was stuck to... well, mostly Video Game Music, OC ReMix and some old stars, pretty much that. ._.

Hope I can keep this rhythmical adventure going on for a long time!
Vish024
I barely had any interest in Japanese music until I joined osu!. Osu! has definitely broadened my taste in music, particularly in a linguistic sense. I've also developed a greater appreciation for instrumentals. and alongside that an even greater hatred for nightcore and anything even remotely related to that pig's garbage.
Drexel13
It changed my whole life... O_O
- now, I love Vocaloid music especially Miku
- now, I can have friends that far from me
- now, I didn't waste my spare time
show more