show more
Topic Starter
Backstep

ziin wrote:

okay then all done.

What I did:
  1. minor fixes when vertically/horizontally scrolling
  2. compress all images losslessly
  3. A few files I made into jpgs, but that was because the png file was 5x bigger.
  4. Convert nearly all of the animations into osu animations instead of sprites. This has a side effect of removing the fade effect from the video, but IMO it's better this way.
  5. Crop jpegs losslessly to save on SB load and minor file size.
  6. Put in trees and such so it matches the video a little better. It's not 100% accurate as I left in some of the different stuff, or didn't care enough to match it up frame by frame.
  7. Added background fade out in the intro so there is no black screen when starting to play.
  8. hopefully removed all 5.0x sections, but if there are any, it's only for a millisecond or you're using the SB editor in widescreen as a guide.
  9. Feel free to ask me questions on what I did/how I did it, I'll try to explain if you want, but try looking at the code (nearly all of this was just done in notepad++ with lots of saving/reloading).
  10. Cleaned up some of the jpg artifacts on the pngs. Somehow swf allows jpgs with transparency...
  11. Removed useless images (fruit-plate, a few unused SB items)
  12. Made the ending fade out slower and removed a repeated storyboard section that isn't in the video
To use the storyboard, make sure you back up your current map first.
Copy/Paste the folder somewhere else on your computer, like in the osu! folder or on your desktop
Delete the "SB" folder, and delete all images in the skin/backgrounds. (this is very important, or else you'll get useless files that aren't used anymore).
Extract all the files into your folder and double check it to make sure I didn't mess anything up you really wanted to keep.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ict7kr3d6cjxagg

And I'm proud to say the osz is now under 19 MB 8-)

Edit: forgot the slider ball:
http://www.mediafire.com/?hxve877gjs81e62
OMG!!

I'm very like your fixed storyboard :oops:

Maybe can you teach me how to made it ? :D

Anyway thanks for helped me and Kudosu !

P.S. I think your post should had 2 kudosu XD
ziin

backstep wrote:

Maybe can you teach me how to made it ? :D
Well you still made most of it.

But IMO using notepad is much better than using the design tab because it doesn't make useless/inaccurate code. Take a look at this thread to see what all the codes are.

Nearly everything is simply fade, move, or scale. When you use the design tab to move an image, it will almost never travel complete horizontally or vertically, so you can edit the move command in notepad after you put the move in:

_M,0,30489,32622,112,237,563,242
Change it to
_M,0,30489,32622,112,240,563,240
so that it travels perfectly horizontal from x=112 to x=563.

To use animations, you just need to change "Sprite" to "Animation" and add the framerate and total number of frames. Each frame should be "animation0" and "animation1" etc... You can see more about it in the scripting thread.

you can use negative values, which is how I added in the background fadeout into the white.

To do a loop, it's fairly simple:
_L,start time,loop count
__M,0,0,1333,112,237,563,242
__F,0,1333,2667,1,0
You just have to make sure the commands have two underscores or spaces in front of them, and the loop should start at time=0.

The best way to learn though is to look at the code yourself. :D

Also I have far too much kudos from this thread already.
Sallad4ever
I seriously hate myself to delay this even further but as long as to make this map perfect I'll gladly hate myself.
Here is what I want to say, you already optimize the SB even the cropped hair is fixed too so maybe you could fix the floating title.png image too

Also on [Hard] 01:22:395 (2) - does the custom slider tick intentional? even if it has low volume I can still hear it and it's not good

Call me back for bubble after the fix so I can kill myself peacefully
Topic Starter
Backstep

Sallad4ever wrote:

I seriously hate myself to delay this even further but as long as to make this map perfect I'll gladly hate myself.
Here is what I want to say, you already optimize the SB even the cropped hair is fixed too so maybe you could fix the floating title.png image too

Also on [Hard] 01:22:395 (2) - does the custom slider tick intentional? even if it has low volume I can still hear it and it's not good

Call me back for bubble after the fix so I can kill myself peacefully
Fixed with use default soft sound and Title floating was fixed.

P.S. I think Len hair isn't big problem because life grade bar have lap it
Sallad4ever
This is what you could achieve if you're not gunning for rank but rather to perfection. Nice map and superb SB, this map totally deserve a Bubble!!!

Now I can kill myself peacefully
Luna
Yeah \:D/
Topic Starter
Backstep

Sallad4ever wrote:

This is what you could achieve if you're not gunning for rank but rather to perfection. Nice map and superb SB, this map totally deserve a Bubble!!!

Now I can kill myself peacefully
Thanks you Sensei xD

Luna wrote:

Yeah \:D/
See this map ranked soon Luna :D
ziin
I think I broke the title.png when I cropped out the transparency :oops:
Topic Starter
Backstep

ziin wrote:

I think I broke the title.png when I cropped out the transparency :oops:
No problem ;)

Anyway fixed it already :oops:
Sync
I went ahead and gave this a star even though it's probably going to be ranked soon :<
Topic Starter
Backstep

Sync wrote:

I went ahead and gave this a star even though it's probably going to be ranked soon :<
Yup, Thanks for star ;)
Tanmak
Kanbare~!
Topic Starter
Backstep
Thanks for star Tanmak :)
Topic Starter
Backstep
Bump this post to prevent this beatmap sent to graveyard. :P
ziin
bubbles don't grave :P
Matsuri_old
สู้ๆจ้า > w <b
Breeze
1 month bubble, god, let's do it \:D/

Skin

1. Just make sure your spinner circle is exactlly 666x666 pixels

Insane

1. I guess there're some place you forget to add clap
    1. 00:41:983 (4) - Slider head
    2. 00:58:218 (3) -

Just add these clap and I'll rank
Topic Starter
Backstep

Breeze wrote:

1 month bubble, god, let's do it \:D/

Skin

Insane

1. I guess there're some place you forget to add clap
    1. 00:41:983 (4) - Slider head
    2. 00:58:218 (3) -

Just add these clap and I'll rank
All fixed.

Thanks for checking Breeze ;)
ziin

Breeze wrote:

unnecessary. It can't be larger than 666x666. You're going to have to do a full submit again backstep with all the updates (you didn't actually upload the new spinner), make sure you use my smaller 660x660 image. I know AIBat says it needs to be exact, but in reality most of the files in the skin just can't be larger than the template skin. When you do the full submit, make a backup copy, delete the map, and redownload it from osu.ppy.sh so you can see if all the files are correct and the latest version.

I didn't double check that you were using the right slider ball. The one I made has 10 images (because that's the default skin's number too).
http://www.mediafire.com/?0t6mi7zgw00xcrz
no idea what happened to the previous archive, so here's another one. Make sure you delete the extra unused ones.

108689 sb-sakura kind of just disappears. I think it might look better if it faded out for half a beat or a whole beat
183512 image233.png ends early, it needs to either completely disappear of the screen or stay there until the background disappears

There's a TON of claps that you missed, at least in hard. Personally I can't hear any hitsounds, so whatever, but an easy way to check is to use AIBat and export the hitsounds to bookmarks.

fruit-plate.png is an unneeded file too. It's supposed to just be there in order to let people make their own custom plates if they want to, but as this is a beapmap specific skin and not a real skin, it's not needed.
Breeze
Less than 666x666 is fine though, it's recommended to use 666x666
Well, if you insist, that's fine
Breeze
Nice map, sweet SB and skin :3
RANKED
Gamu
(o'д')ノ☆゚*。Congratu★lations。*゚☆ヽ('д'o)
Topic Starter
Backstep
Thanks you both :oops:
regenz
เพลงสามแล้วนะฮ่าๆเกินหน้าเกินตา กร๊ากๆ ดีใจด้วย ฮี่ๆ
indyinyou
ยินดีด้วย เฮ้ย แร้ง กันใหญ่ เลยวุ้ย
AIR315
Congratz~
Fumika
คนไทยเพลงเเรงค์กันเยอะๆนะ Congratz :D
Topic Starter
Backstep
Thanks you all :D
banvi
grats~ :)
Sallad4ever
congrats for the rank :D
wule
great job, congatz! :lol:
Tenshi-nyan
OMG

Tori no Uta + Vocaloid Rin = Epic fail.
Topic Starter
Backstep
Thanks you sensei, Banvi-chan, atk1992 :oops:

Tenshi-nyan wrote:

OMG

LOL
terametis
congratz~~
ziin

Tenshi-nyan wrote:

OMG

I thought the same thing, but Rin would have been much better than Len...
Tenshi-nyan
orz, getting the names of the vocaloids wrong.

There is like, a shitload of them, you can't even tell them apart :<
Farmer_old
this song scared scared me TOT
0x57CB36
I like this song <3 it's so relaxing and nice in double time
Modem
Yaaayyy!!!! :)
Congratulation ~~~!!! (> w <)