forum

Appealing body figures, preferences and opinions.

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
boat

Lizzehb wrote:

No idea what to say here srsly.

Umm well all I gotta say is that umm well. Hi. *runs*
quality posting you omnislut

this isn't off topic dear

You should rather have called neverdie a butthurt moron. That would at least be on topic.

Only thing I've agreed with him on so far is the indirect statement of that people who don't take care of themselves are naturally unappealing, other then that its all arrogance.
ziin
Average is beautiful. Personally though, I am a leg man.

Thus overweight, underweight, overly-muscled, puny, and any other forms of extremes are all forms of the same ugly. There exist some outliers, as can be seen by those who enjoy fat women (breasts and butts are all fat), those who do not care at all about looks, those who think muscles are hot, and douchebags.

There are many people who simply do not care about their health and take it for granted because that's human nature. Most of us have other shit to worry about. There are many people as well who do not have bad habits which lead to poor health, or who actually enjoy exercise, or simply have the willpower to do force themselves to do something they do not enjoy doing. As a species, advances in technology have allowed people who do not have these traits to survive comparably well, if not better than those without.

The same can be said about people with unhealthy ideals in societies. In more authoritarian societies people with contrary or disagreeable ideals like neverdie usually end up dead. However we have moved from dictatorships to republics/oligarchies where a select few govern, and are much more liberal towards acceptance. Neverdie is a product of that evolution of free society, and only survives here because of it.

There's not much you can do to help your friend other than be supportive of him. I would make fun of him for feeling bad about himself, but I don't give a shit about what other people think and way too much of a thinking introvert, so I'm a bad example.
Cuddlebun

Pokebis wrote:

I want to help out NeverDie since he's the minority here, but I like (female) fatties. And he has his points in the wrong places.
He should be pointing out that obese people who don't take care of themselves rely on health care that healthy people may have to pay.
Except this was never the point of the thread.

why would you help someone just because they're the minority
Shellghost
I thought Pokebis being a hipster was common knowledge.
Mikey

YellowerYoshi wrote:

I want to show up at NeverDie's door, strip naked, and dance around.

At any rate, it doesn't even have to be a disorder or disease that causes someone to have poor weight. Some body types are just naturally a bit heftier and the person could be at their healthiest point and not fall under your extremely narrow-minded standards. I'm a somewhat hefty dude but I have absolutely no health problems as a result of my weight. Blood pressure is perfect, cholesterol is low, things are fine. According to you though I'm still just a fatty.

Good thing I know where my health stands and don't give two shits about pleasing people like you.
actually just because you have a solid body type and your blood pressure and cholesterol are fine does not mean that it is healthy to be overweight to any extent
Rantai
I'm no expert but I do like reading journal articles to an extent.

I'm curious on the evidence.
Nazeko
All I can say is there's more to life than thinking what people could see.

The way he think is the way he thinks. I agreed on

Ephemeral wrote:

what your friend has is probably a symptom of depression rather than any implicit aspect of his personality

in my experience appearances are ultimately secondary or tertiary to other traits in a prospective partner. you simply don't care about the little things when you find a person you really like.
...and he has this ego that he should really work hard to be attractive, although being attractive is not something to work out.
like in literal saying, there are different magnets, and not all metals are attracted to that certain magnet. or so I know.

but still my preferences is people who's taller than me, and you couldn't just buy height just to attract types like me.
ShangMing_old
I am going to offer another interpretation of NeverDie's argument:
* Fat people do not care about their health, and therefore they should be looked down upon. (In general, of course there is the odd case of the exception, which does nothing to help the counter-arguments so stfu.)

To further the argument, this is the implication:
- fat people have no self discipline--in the sense that they DO have the ability to control what they eat, and in the sense that their body and mind will not cease to function should they cut back 500 calories/day so that they consume the calories of a normal person. One does not have to work out every day to be a normal weight--they simply have to not eat like a glutton every day, and the laws of thermodynamics will take effect. I don't see how this is so hard to understand?

In this sense, I don't see why you people consider fatties any better than alcoholics or WoW addicts and such. Please enlighten me if you do, though.

Based on this, I don't see how NeverDie's view is unjustified.

BTW, attacking misinterpretations of his argument (Jarby), telling your success stories about being fat and healthy simultaneously (yelloweryoshi, you're 20 years old ffs), or attacking a math error not relevant to the problem (awp), does nothing to undermine his original arguments, and makes you people look like idiots.

Come at me.
Topic Starter
boat
Well if you're all wondering how it turned out for them, he completely disallowed her to even give him compliments and call him pretty, by that matter and a lot of other things they got in a severe fight, both ended up hurt and the relationship ended.
Shiirn
anyone who couldn't see that coming shouldn't play near train tracks, just saying.
Faust
he completely disallowed her to even give him compliments and call him pretty, by that matter and a lot of other things they got in a severe fight, both ended up hurt and the relationship ended.
Fao.
FisHie_old

PS: fuck you
Vext_old
AHHH! AHHH! AHHHHHH!!!!!!
Faust
I don't even know if that's directed at me or not, or anyone. lol
Jarby

ShangMing wrote:

attacking misinterpretations of his argument (Jarby)

Jarby wrote:

Just clearing up your generalization, mister.
derp
Cuddlebun
welp that end didn't surprise me at all
ShangMing_old

Jarby wrote:

ShangMing wrote:

attacking misinterpretations of his argument (Jarby)

Jarby wrote:

Just clearing up your generalization, mister.
derp

Jarby wrote:

NeverDie wrote:

So all fat people are fat simply because they don't exercise and eat right. No excuses.
I wonder if you hold paraplegics and hypothyroidism sufferers to name a few under the same standards.
derp.
Topic Starter
boat
Well fortunately they managed to in the end patch it all up, and get back together again

~~~drama~~~~
Pokebis
Relaitonships are just silly in the first place. My friends are always happy for a while and then everything goes to shit leaving me with more social decisions to make than I should have to. I think it's silly to take them too seriously.
FisHie_old
Life is too silly to take it seriously.
lkjl23

failboat wrote:

Well fortunately they managed to in the end patch it all up, and get back together again

~~~drama~~~~
This thread was all about you in the first place. There is no friend, it was you all along. So obvious.
mm201

NeverDie wrote:

This thread was all about you in the first place. There is no friend, it was you all along. So obvious.
FisHie_old
Topic Starter
boat
okay

lock time
Vext_old
I dunno, I say we change the title to NeverDie stays stern on his nonsensical values while everyone bashes him and let it keep going.
ShangMing_old

Vext wrote:

I dunno, I say we change the title to NeverDie stays stern on his nonsensical values while everyone bashes him and let it keep going.
I'm sorry, but not a single argument here has presented a sensible view or valid arguments against NeverDie's.

You have all shown that all you can do it be fucking idiots. Keep trying though, by all means.
Vext_old
The Canadian with 3 posts wants to fight; I'm too lazy. I want someone to though.
Topic Starter
boat

NeverDie wrote:

failboat wrote:

~~~drama~~~~
Your point being?

First of all, you're wrong, second of all, you're solely being butthurt right now. I don't see of what relevance it has to whos the problem is.
Backfire
Snipped, oh well.
failboat what are you doing
Topic Starter
boat
what
Backfire
Nothing. :c
Topic Starter
boat
i don't understand you sometimes
ShangMing_old

Vext wrote:

The Canadian with 3 posts wants to fight; I'm too lazy. I want someone to though.
You're not too lazy, you just don't have any valid points.

And I don't see how being Canadian, and having three posts is relevant to anything. You're shit as osu, yet I don't point that out, do I?
Firo Prochainezo

Vext wrote:

He's not Canadian because Canadians are very nice people.
ShangMing_old

Firo Prochainezo wrote:

Vext wrote:

He's not Canadian because Canadians are very nice people.
You must be American because you are fat?
YellowerYoshi
I think a lock is impending here if it is just going to devolve into a flame war. Way to have an intelligent discussion guys. :D
ShangMing_old

YellowerYoshi wrote:

I think a lock is impending here if it is just going to devolve into a flame war. Way to have an intelligent discussion guys. :D
I'm not flaming anyone, I'm simply using the same logic they used to draw conclusions because I have no valid arguments to offer, I think I was doing it pretty accurately.
Sander-Don

ShangMing wrote:

You must be American because you are fat?
Post of the year
Topic Starter
boat
all respect lost backfire
Sander-Don
Feels bad, man.
Lost respect from that guy.
I would cry, bro.
show more