forum

Scariest game you have ever played.

posted
Total Posts
show more
Pokebis
I honestly don't understand what makes Amnesia such a scary game to people.
"Oh no, I was walking around and then a big scary monster popped out and the environment was wet and stone so the atmosphere was scarey-warey ;___;"
FisHie_old
Personally I think that it is boring but I am an idiot.
Mogsy

Pokebis wrote:

I honestly don't understand what makes Amnesia such a scary game to people.
"Oh no, I was walking around and then a big scary monster popped out and the environment was wet and stone so the atmosphere was scarey-warey ;___;"
Because of the ambiance it creates. I personally did find the score chilling and the lighting to be rather instrumental in this, but then again I overanalyze the fuck out of things.

It's not the scariest thing I've ever played, but I will admit that playing through it recently creeped me out a bit. I prefer an oppressive atmosphere in my horror games to straight-up scares (but a mix of both a la Fatal Frame 2 is great).
IceBeam
btw,everyone,try this one

it's really short,it takes me some minutes to pass it,but believe me it's worth it
also,it's freeware
awp
I have recently been playing Amnesia face close to the screen, volume up, lights out, nobody else around. I am not easily scared, especially by software (due to my background) but I can understand why people get scared playing Amnesia. Especially when one of the game mechanics is to bury yourself behind crates or closets, stare at a corner, and hope everything turns out alright.

It is quite atmospheric and after that first fucking lever I started finding myself immersed (apart from the water segment early on, that kind of pulled me out)
Kitten_old
When I was younger Majora's Mask for sure, now I'd say its that creepy game with those dark hallways and stuff jumps at you from nowhere...quiet/silent something? I think someone knows what I'm talking about..

Edit : Amnesia! Totally should have read the brony above me
Haseo_old

Zerostarry wrote:

Legend of Zelda - Majora's Mask

Y͑̈́̏͗͏̷̴̩̜̼̹̙͔o̸̠̼̬͓͑͋̿ͨ̾̃̿̓͘͡­͎u̓̔ͣ͝҉͚̠̻̬̬̥̠͎ ̷̪̘͍̙̑̈̂͐ͥ͗̍̚ş̶̸͕̪͛ͩͦ͆̏hͩ͊̅ͪͭ­ͧ̓̔҉̨̙̭͖̬̪̯̕ǫ̑ͯ̑̓҉͍͍̙͔̥̦u͑̒̿̌­̜̩̫̜͓̟l͇̫͍̬̥̙̙ͨ̿̂̋̏ͪ̽ͣ́͝ďͨͪ̐̒­͙̼̙̦̥̗̐̀n̈̀҉͎̬̝͕̠̞'̡̨̳̥͈̔̃͑̀ͪt­̈́ͯ͑̎̔͆̒ͦͬ͏҉̬̲͈̜͉̙̜ͅ ̧̳͇̒ͬ̉ͤ̌̒h̻̟͍̹̳̆̎͐ͬ̀ͅȧ͑ͯ̾͑͢͏̙­̮͙͉v̠̮̻̯̤̗͉̠̿̅e̻̣ͬͦ̒̔́ ̛͖ͤ͑d̨͇̤̜͍̱̥̾̊̾̊̊̒͜͝o͈̲͈͑ͫ̃̒̄ͦ­̖̝͙̻n̵̪͎̠͙̲͚̄̍͊̾ͅe̱̲͐̅̒̔̽̋ͨ́̚͠ ̷̵̛̲̺̙̯̘̼̺͑ͩ̆ͭ͋̑ẗ͊͒ͬ̾̽̒͏̟̝̥͝h­̢͉̭̹̹̱̯͓̇͗̀̈a̵̪̹͔̞̝̗̳ͧ̏̅̚t̾ͩ̉ͧ­̞̙ͪͨ̇͡͡.̡̗̦̖́̈̓̂͐ͭ̅
Huskatron
Barbie Horse Adventures Riding Camp scared me to death! Did you see her clothes!?
Rudeura
Silent Hill 3
BatterKnife

Rudeura wrote:

Silent Hill 3
↑ or mostly all of them
Rudeura
But tnird part had too much blood and scary noises neither 4 or The Room.
Rii_old_1
Ao Oni
Haseo_old
Take This Lollipop. Even now, I'm scared of showing that game to my friends, classmates, and even my family.

Excuse me while I uncreep my self out.

Guujin wrote:

Ao Oni
I hate Google Images for searching that.
Rii_old_1

Haseo wrote:

Guujin wrote:

Ao Oni
I hate Google Images for searching that.

lulz. Never watch playthrough with a guy playing together with a girl that screams when startled in the vid while watching it together with a girl that screams when startled.
It made the game so scary lol, though it's just kinda funny.
inb4 yo dawg i herd u liek startled girl
Pokebis
My favorite part about Ao Oni is that it's a joke and all you wimps think it's actually scary.
Rii_old_1

Pokebis wrote:

it's a joke
no it's a true story, the ao oni really does exist.
Nah, I just felt like it, making people respond to this will be fun
Topic Starter
Firo Prochainezo

Guujin wrote:

Pokebis wrote:

it's a joke
no it's a true story, the ao oni really does exist.
Nah, I just felt like it, making people respond to this will be fun
OH MY GAAAH!!!
Haseo_old
What makes Ao Oni scary is that demon thingy. It's creepier than Gigyas itself.
BatterKnife

Haseo wrote:

Where can I see this monster? Is it really worse than the startling monsters in Silent Hill?
Rii_old_1

8find3r wrote:

Haseo wrote:

Where can I see this monster? Is it really worse than the startling monsters in Silent Hill?
Prepare for scary (lol)
Haseo_old
Creepy indeed.

@8find3r: Don't google Gigyas unless you want to see Hentai fanworks.
Rii_old_1

Haseo wrote:

Creepy indeed.
seems you need a hug *hughug*
Maybe you might wanna watch a playthrough again, it's fun with commentary of two people, maybe if I can find it I can gief ya :3
Vext_old

Haseo wrote:

Don't google Gigyas unless you want to see Hentai fanworks.
*Googles Gigyas*
Bittersweet
Hotel 626
cococococo_old
when i was younger and i first played Fahrenheit i was to scared that i stop playing it :(
OmNii_old
Corpse Party: Blood Covered. Playing at 3:00am with my PSP.
:l
hoihoisoi
Dead Space 2. It was the first and last one. I don't do good with horror.
Pokebis

OmNii wrote:

How can you take that game seriously with the moe style?
awp

Pokebis wrote:

OmNii wrote:

Comedy Horror?

Or are the graphics so ass-deep in uncanny valley that it's terrifying, like CLANNAD?
Pokebis
Not quite Clannad levels, more around K-on.
awp
eh, none of 'em have that aviation-style hair from what I've seen, so it doesn't really look that bad in that respect. The SNES RM2K-style sprites I find a bit off-putting though.

Also: the more dialog/actors involved, the less scary it is
senaya
i remember when friends got drunk and decided to play nosferatu, i tihnk. scene with the coffin (basically right at the start of the game) made one of them run into the wall. yeah, playing horror games for lulz is awesome :P
OmNii_old

Pokebis wrote:

OmNii wrote:

I gotta agree that the style was very moe.. still.. playing at that time with headphones in a corner..(first time playing) :\
Overall it was a very good game. Gotta love the opening too ;)
awp
I'll be honest, I watched the opening Pokebis linked to, and muted it about 25 seconds in
hoihoisoi

OmNii wrote:

It looks more creepy than horror. Love the moe loli style. Might play it.
OmNii_old
^Very good game, you will totally enjoy it. :P
hoihoisoi

OmNii wrote:

I'm reading the manga for now. OMG! IT'S SO FREAKING MOE LOLI EPICNESS! Love the art style. Also, the girl with the curly hair reminds me of the girl from Puella Magica Madoka
nVidi4x
dead space 2 with full volume at night without lights alone at home with your teddy bear
Haseo_old

nVidi4x wrote:

dead space 2 with full volume at night without lights alone at home with your teddy bear
The iOS version is scarier. I made my lil bro' play it for 10 minutes and he woke me up later, shivering and somewhat shocked.
OmNii_old

hoihoisoi wrote:

OmNii wrote:

I'm reading the manga for now. OMG! IT'S SO FREAKING MOE LOLI EPICNESS! Love the art style. Also, the girl with the curly hair reminds me of the girl from Puella Magica Madoka
Haha yup! Seiko pawns!
show more