forum

Scariest game you have ever played.

posted
Total Posts
show more
hoihoisoi

OmNii wrote:

^I know right :cry: ..
Anyways, hoping for a translated version of Corpse Party: Book of Shadows, ported on PSP :P
I've watched the whole walk through of blood covered already. Man, that is one of those games when the characters don't get ressurected, not saying it's a bad thing or anything, but it adds some real kick into it. Especially the phone part at the end, man I got teary. I don't think I'm gonna get blood covered. I guess I'll be waiting for Book of Shadows, said they tied up some loose ends there. But yea, overall the game (From the walk through) was pretty damn good (Storyline and drawing wise) .
[DG2L]YungYeezy
Thanks to this topic, I will not be able to sleep tonight.

And the closest thing to a horror game I played (because I'm a wuss): Left 4 Dead 2
Doodley
I don't want to be that guy who says Amnesia: The Dark Descent. It was pretty damn immersive, I was on Skype with a friend and I kept telling him I keep hearing the floorboards creak and warp above me, with dust falling off and everything, even though I knew it's all scripted.

So I'm going to say Nightmare House 2 instead.

There was also this time when I was a wee little boy, and I remember this 18 or so kid playing a Silent Hill (?) game while I watched and the dogs popped out and scared the shit out of me.
CapnDavid
I haven't find any games that's scary yet.
Mogsy
Then look into some of the prevalent examples in the thread.

Also, Nightmare House 2 had some creepy moments but I thought ultimately tried too hard.
Pokebis

Mogsworth wrote:

Then look into some of the prevalent examples in the thread.
Amnesia and Dead Space? I seriously don't see how either are scary. Amnesia did a good job with atmosphere, but it never ever came off as even unsettling. Dead Space is oooooh a skeleton popped out of the closet and got blood all over the carpet, hurrr so skwawy.
Mogsy
Well, it's more like a place to start. I wouldn't start off a horror game newbie on something like Fatal Frame 2 unless I wanted to scare them away from the genre.

Though I will admit that people should steer clear of that shitty Dead Space series in general, Amnesia is a good baby's-first-horror title.
Ayu
Fear 3. <3
Tenshi-nyan
Haven't played many "scary" games, but imo,

Amnesia (duh) and
Saya no Uta

were pretty scare, yeah. Saya no Uta was more disturbing than scary, though.
Rey Fullbuster
Fatal Frame even i don't play it
awp
Resident Evil 2 was the first game that scared me

probably the last one, too, since I aged like 6 years between playing that and any other even remotely scary game.
thelewa
Everyone says Amnesia or some Silent Hill or some Resident Evil game even though those games aren't really scary. The thing is that once you play one scary game then you already know what the rest are like. Sure you can get scared at random scares but it's not SCARY or TERRIFYING. People say that Amnesia is scary because of the atmosphere but seriously, everything in that game gets predictable after like 1 hour.

I would like to play a game that would scare me a lot, but I guess that just knowing that it's just a game makes it instantly not scary.
Haseo_old

ragelewa wrote:

Everyone says Amnesia or some Silent Hill or some Resident Evil game even though those games aren't really scary. The thing is that once you play one scary game then you already know what the rest are like. Sure you can get scared at random scares but it's not SCARY or TERRIFYING. People say that Amnesia is scary because of the atmosphere but seriously, everything in that game gets predictable after like 1 hour.

I would like to play a game that would scare me a lot, but I guess that just knowing that it's just a game makes it instantly not scary.
I concur. Finishing Dead Space 3 times in one day could get boring.
GensokyoAkuma
Forbidden Siren for ps2
Serioulsy, that game is so scary, at points it's not even fun anymore :_:
Also I thought Amnesia was quite scary, since I can easily immerse myself into games, and immersing yourself into Amnesia is quite a horrifying experience IMO T_T
[Luanny]
Now I think the scariest game is... Minecraft ;__;
Drexel13
Here is the list:
1. Silent Hill (even the mobile version..) :(
2. Resident Evil 4
3. Fatal Frame (just seeing my friend play this game.. I'm scared)
4. and others..
YoshikuniHK
1st. Amnesia
I heard some scary noises, and rage quitted the game. Haven't touched it since August. lolol
2nd. Fatal Frame 2: Crimson Butterfly
(spoiler alert) So I was at this one part where your map says theres a path. Yet I have this damn tree blocking me. I can't figure how to get through it, so I aim my camera at it and a face pops out. Son of a motherless. D: Once again, rage quitted.
3rd. Fear 2
Screw Alma and her issue with making things have seizures all over the place. D:
Aoko
Silent Hill [probably all versions] and Resident Evil. ◄◄
Dafydd
The only horror games I played were Resident Evil 1 and 2 (THAT WAS AGES AGO!). Then I just started to play Resident Evil 4 right now, then 5 once I finish it. Anyway, I'm such a wimp that I'm really jumpy at times. I heard that Silent Hill is much scarier than Res Evil, so I won't be playing that game for a long time. :D
Irisu_old
Amnesia. I've only watched videos of it but it was enough to scare the living heck out of me. :o
nanuyaeatssushi
Scariest game I ever played was probably Silent Hill 4: The Room? Still can't get over the two-headed thing :O
thelewa

oh man these references are the scariest thing ever
diggydumdum
Oh yes, for me it's got to be, Amnesia: The Dark Descent, AND Silent Hill (all versions.)` D;
Hiza-chan
Hmm, I'm not sure between Amnesia or Silent Hill: Homecoming. I'd say Silent Hill: Homecoming because of the fact in the first area, I would jump when the doors closed on their own. Thing is, I knew what it was but still kept jumping.

As for Amnesia, I got past the water part and wasn't really scared because I knew it was going to happen since I watched videos of it. Though, I can't seem to get myself to play it. I have to have someone either in a call with me or have my boyfriend sit by me XD.
awp

ragelewa wrote:

oh man these references are the scariest thing ever
shadow hearts so awesome
Mismagius
So... no one posted this yet. I am disappoint.

THE SCARIEST GAME EVER
I just got done playing one of the SCARIEST video games ever. Now, hear me out before saying, "Oh, he's probably just a fag that gets scared of everything." I don't get scared of video games or movies. I've played many survival horror games and have seen many horror movies in my day. The only thing that made me just a tiny bit scared were some parts of Penumbra and Condemned. Amnesia was pretty good. Everything else was just boring. This game was different. VERY different.
You aren't given any sort of backstory to the game at all. As soon as you press play, it throws you right into the game. However, I was able to piece together what the story basically is through finally beating this little brick shitter. Apparently, you're a madman. We're never given the name, but you can guess what it is if you pay attention to the title screen. For some reason, you escaped from whatever mental hospital room you were hiding in. Now, the very horrid state of your mind has transformed the halls of the hospital into nothing but a pitch black maze with the only light being the walls, which glow a deathly blue.

Your character is apparently some type of mad cannibal that you can barely control. You can force him to turn corners in the creepy hallway, but not much else can be done. Your character seems to grab anything and try to eat it; whatever is in front of him is thrown into his mouth and he munches it down.

While playing the game, you're being chased by four hideous and fucking scary ghost monsters. You cannot hurt them at all, and to come even close to one is instant death, in which the ghost latches onto you and rips you inside all, all while you hear the horrible noise of your body being torn.

You can, however, eat some odd objects hidden in the maze, after which your character goes into an even more unstable state. You can literally EAT the ghost monsters. Your character runs right up to them and devours them, only leaving their eyes.

There aren't any words to describe how horrific and terrifying this game is, and I don't want to spoil the surprises for you. Just go ahead and try it for yourself. Google the word Pac-Man. You'll find it on the first search.
Mercurial
Listen the Hunter screaming for the first time at 2:00 A.M. (Left 4 Dead)

And look at Meat Boy dying and dying and dying and dying...

That's too scary... =/
Rii_old_1

Blue Dragon wrote:

THE SCARIEST GAME EVER
I just got done playing one of the SCARIEST video games ever. Now, hear me out before saying, "Oh, he's probably just a fag that gets scared of everything." I don't get scared of video games or movies. I've played many survival horror games and have seen many horror movies in my day. The only thing that made me just a tiny bit scared were some parts of Penumbra and Condemned. Amnesia was pretty good. Everything else was just boring. This game was different. VERY different.
You aren't given any sort of backstory to the game at all. As soon as you press play, it throws you right into the game. However, I was able to piece together what the story basically is through finally beating this little brick shitter. Apparently, you're a madman. We're never given the name, but you can guess what it is if you pay attention to the title screen. For some reason, you escaped from whatever mental hospital room you were hiding in. Now, the very horrid state of your mind has transformed the halls of the hospital into nothing but a pitch black maze with the only light being the walls, which glow a deathly blue.

Your character is apparently some type of mad cannibal that you can barely control. You can force him to turn corners in the creepy hallway, but not much else can be done. Your character seems to grab anything and try to eat it; whatever is in front of him is thrown into his mouth and he munches it down.

While playing the game, you're being chased by four hideous and fucking scary ghost monsters. You cannot hurt them at all, and to come even close to one is instant death, in which the ghost latches onto you and rips you inside all, all while you hear the horrible noise of your body being torn.

You can, however, eat some odd objects hidden in the maze, after which your character goes into an even more unstable state. You can literally EAT the ghost monsters. Your character runs right up to them and devours them, only leaving their eyes.

There aren't any words to describe how horrific and terrifying this game is, and I don't want to spoil the surprises for you. Just go ahead and try it for yourself. Google the word Pac-Man. You'll find it on the first search.
I was somehow thinking of a pac-man ripoff in 3d with horror effects, seems it was pacman lol
Salvage

Blue Dragon wrote:

THE SCARIEST GAME EVER

i was paying attention all along like a retard then smiled at the end, lmao good one good one
-Athena-
6 years ago i played resident evil 4 (I was 10)
omg the horror...... but it was super super addicting though~
Skuld
The first Silent Hill. (considering that I was 8 first time I played it)
Sakura
Fatal Frame II and Corpse Party
kriers
I remember having serious trouble building up the courage to slay the first zombie in The Elder Scroll IV: Oblivion
LukaXD
Zero 4 (aka Fatal Frame 4)
Drexel13
damn..
now I'm scared of Amnesia: The Dark Descent and Amnesia: Justine :(
awp
Space Quest 4 had a few creepy moments. Particularly in the post-apocalyptic Space Quest (12, I think?) with those pasty starving white guys with their eyes clamped open who would scream if they saw you
9GAG_Trooper
Amnesia :o
Drexel13

9GAG_Trooper wrote:

I know that feeling bro... :o
emonite
Pokemon...I'm joking of course.Believe it or not,I have played only Dead Space 2 and F.E.A.R 3 as I don't dare to buy scary games.Bought Dead Space 2 because of its Advanced Suit and F.E.A.R 3 because of its slow-motion ability.
I tried playing Amnesia but had to Alt-F4 halfway to make sure my OWN sanity remain intact though that game is more about the atmosphere and the monsters as a added "bonus".
Watched Fatal Frame 4 trailer,never see it again and never will.
Decipher

9GAG_Trooper wrote:

I see. :o
show more