forum

Syrsa - Mad Machine

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Louis Cyphre
Fixed~
Your message is too short. Please do not post messages like "star", and make sure you are constructively adding to the thread in question.
<3
tyfaa
la hard la jugue i la pase con SS, Pero la insane ya era una dificultad mas elebada, asi que fallé un poco ams alla de la mitas, podrias poner intermedio apra entretenernos : ) bueno espero te sirva mi aporte.
lo sienrto por no escribirlo en inglés..
Topic Starter
Louis Cyphre
Translation please.

Your message is too short.
ok.
A thing of beauty is a joy for ever:
Its loveliness increases; it will never
Pass into nothingness; but still will keep
A bower quiet for us, and a sleep
Full of sweet dreams, and health, and quiet breathing.

© John Keats
Bass
From first sentence I am assuming that he said that he can get SS in hard diff.
Topic Starter
Louis Cyphre
good.
SPOILER
#!$@_H(#$_+)H*#_!)$H*NM#!_$*H!#()*F*#$!_)G*#!$_)GH*#!N$_)H*!#_)$H*!_#)$*H_)!#$*H_)!#*$H_)!#*$H_)!#$H
Mismagius
he said he can SS Hard and not even get close to pass Insane so he wants a difficulty in-between.
Topic Starter
Louis Cyphre
Nah i tried to make it really easy. No streams, few jumps.

Seriously someone disable this shit.

EDIT:
And also BD, not "he", but "she"
Shiirn
Hello everyone, time for a tl;dr post!

tl;dr champion should be ranked and this entire mapset should be ranked since it has 2 bubbles already.

This thread will be referenced.

Lybydose wrote:

Why is "too hard" a reason to approve a map? The difference between approval and ranked is that it doesn't count for score. You're saying we shouldn't count scores of people who are able to pass really difficult maps? That doesn't make any sense.
The rest of the thread completely derails and doesn't talk about what is required here, but the final point they came to is this : As long as the map is not functionally impossible to pass (which can also be argued), then it can be ranked rather than approved as long as the ranking rules are followed. (Which makes sense - the only reason you would go for approval is if you broke any ranking rules - this does not)

In fact, there are precedents to "extremely hard" maps being ranked (I understand that these do not necessarily matter according to this map, but they do offer evidence):
Swan Lake Orchestra - Hakuchou no Mizuumi - Extra has exactly six full combos. Heck, the Another doesn't even have 40. Extra has 300bpm streams, typical retarded aho spacing, and in general just isn't fun to play if you don't like frustration. Mad Machine at least makes sense and is very straightforward.
t+pazolite - Kanon-Kanon has under 20 full combos to this day. It's also very high bpm (230) but the breaking points were in a pair of jump patterns, not the streams. Mad Machine does not have this problem.
Savage Garden - I Want You - very old so does not mean as much
Susumu Hirasawa - Aurora 2 - to this day has THREE full combos. hell, most kirby mixes.
Shounen Radio - neu also has under 20 FCs, and is in general extremely hard to read and play
Tachibana Miya - Miya to Tengoku to Jigoku ^
Hatsune Miku - Homework Crisis and quite a few val0108 maps are outright silly (but manage to be extremely fun)
Inspector K - Disconnected Hardkore (CanBlaster Remix) by 7odoa.

While other maps with full combos in the top 40 are approved.

I remember #modhelp and several mats and bats querying me about Inspector K - Disconnected Hardkore (CanBlaster Remix) because it was well under the maximum score and they were all pressing me to make some other difficulties and get it ranked rather than approved - arguing the exact opposite of what i've heard has been argued for Louis. This is bullshit. My Hardkore has exactly four full combos - this is because of the extreme difficulty ramp of the jumps and slider velocity. I ask you, is there any real difference between huge jumps and fast streams as far as difficulty goes? I'm sure there would be a very heated discussion as to whether jumps or streams are harder, but neither should be a reason to make it approved rather than ranked.

(You should understand that i pushed very hard for hardkore to be approved rather than ranked so that i did not steal attention from 7odoa's hard-worked version, since mine was rather casually done)

I don't see why someone would need to actively search for a MAT or BAT that is willing to stand up for their opinions and be willing to defend it from other MATs or BATs that disagree.

will write more later and might include an actual mod
lolcubes

Shiirn wrote:

Swan Lake Orchestra - Hakuchou no Mizuumi - Extra has exactly six full combos. Heck, the Another doesn't even have 40. Extra has 300bpm streams, typical retarded aho spacing, and in general just isn't fun to play if you don't like frustration. Mad Machine at least makes sense and is very straightforward.
Just posting that streams are 220 in that silly map.

EDIT: And noone mentioned rainbow tylenol, that map is outrageous even with the relatively low bpm.
OzzyOzrock
Oh my if this doesn't approve then the world will explode for surely sureness.
Mismagius

lolcubes wrote:

Shiirn wrote:

Just posting that streams are 220 in that silly map.
They vary between 220 - 250 - 300, actually. :)
Topic Starter
Louis Cyphre
220 i
250 and 300 too.

Nah but here are tones of 270 ;_;
lolcubes
Yeah I guess you're right, but the majority is 220. Those at the end are really short and even people who stream 220ish should hit them all.
Just saying. :p
Topic Starter
Louis Cyphre
damn streams. Even Cookiezi couldn't beat them all. o.o

lolcubes
Wasn't there a youtube vid of TTTL FCing this? o.o

Here it was http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oy0Mshb43kE
Topic Starter
Louis Cyphre
inb4 nOtashy, White Wolf and maybe TKiller.

Your message is too short."Q$IPH#Q$P{(HBN#$%P)YH#$@%PYU*$@#%PY
ztrot
Yeah this should have a approval rank on it so if you care to sort that out I might be able to help you down the road also fix that horrid spinner spam in easy it isn't really something I feel should be placed in a easy.
Topic Starter
Louis Cyphre
oh, come on, they are enough long. And my message is too short.mwjtgpmjtgpmjatgpmjtgpmjatgpjgpmjtgpjagmjmjtgmjagjagjgjag.jagjtgpjtgpmjgmjgdaptwmjgtwmjadmjgptwmjadmja...
EDIT: it's something like spinner fight, i like it. And it's really easy to do.
Raging Bull
I think it's because the spinner spam is gonna tire out beginners especially when there is a lot. (Last time I checked that is.)
TicClick
Охуенно. Some hidden text to post it
Bass

TicClick wrote:

Охуенно. Some hidden text to post it
Net, ti sam ohuenno \:D/.
Topic Starter
Louis Cyphre
I think it's because the spinner spam is gonna tire out beginners especially when there is a lot. (Last time I checked that is.)
During spinner part there are lots of 1/8 / 1/4 streams. Also 20k per spinner, break, notes, 8k per spinner, end. Spinning with speed of 100-200 is enough to get even some bonus points.
Охуенно.
Спасибо.
ztrot
but that is over 16 secs of spinning that would tire out any new player I'm sure you could think of something down the road too.
also I mean it about this being a rank only map so BATs do not approve the last diff it does not meet the requirements of an approval map set.
sort this out and I'll be happy to help

:EDIT changes were applied and this can now be ranked it
Garven
So... are you going to rank it? Or just adding bubble #3/want someone to okay it a fourth time?

Nobody bothered to list what changes were done beyond "spinner spam", so it's hard to gather what's going on here...
ztrot
He removed the spinners at the end of the map and replaced notes the exact times are this.
Easy
01:15:555 (1,2,1,2,1,2,3) - was all new

I didn't rank it because I figured someone should double check with me on the the status of map as a whole, and I don't care if it has had 2 bubbles it is now back to 1. Changes were made, and with the talk about "is it okay to rank maps after small changes" is up in the air. So I'm not going to make any hasty actions
RandomJibberish
I'm pretty cool with this going for ranking, but I'll get the opinions of some more people. In the mean time, a couple minor suggestiony things.

General
Set a custom slider border colour, since you have a custom hitoverlay. I'd suggest "SliderBorder : 200,200,200", placed under the [Colours] header in each .osu

Experienced
I'd at least AR-1 this since atm it's the same as Champion, but it's up to you.
00:37:444 (1,1) - End the spinner earlier and place a beat where it ends now - the start of the stream feels nicer as an active hitobject as opposed to a spinner, to avoid too much confusion. Alternatively you could remove the first beat of the stream. Or do nothing, whatever.
01:16:555 (1,1,1,1,1,1) - Similarly, I think it'd feel better if the spinner ends were earlier and the sliders started on the long white tick.

Beginner has a lot of spinning, but the difficulty settings are very low so it's ok as far as I'm concerned.

EDIT: Because of the debatable approval vs. ranking thing and there being quite a few changes made, I'm only going to rebubble for now. The next BAT can treat this as a second bubble if they would rather this map went hybrid.
ztrot
I understand your worries but it doesn't mean the map should not be approved score is under 15mil and nothing else puts this map in a approval state.
Raimon
RANK IT you jwfnwwjijfwifneassholesjbfdbhwbitcheshvwdabjnwdn

Edit: 3 BAT's checking this map and saying its all right and then no one ranks ok. bye.
OzzyOzrock
We need a flaming heart icon.
Garven
[Beginner]
00:30:444 (1,1,1,1,1) - Seriously? 15 seconds of spinning. Ughhhhh. Map through some of that.
01:12:888 (2,1) - Spacing
01:19:999 (1,2,3) - Flows better ctrl + h'd

[Middling]
00:34:222 (1) - Really soon after a spinner for a Normal.
01:13:777 (4) - Try smoothing out the curve on the top of this slider

Advanced -> Experienced difficulty jump is huuuge. Do AR8 on Exp at least.

My ears. ;_;
Garven
[Beginner]
00:41:111 (1) - Start this at 00:40:888 -
01:12:888 (2,1) - This is still way too close bub.

[Middling]
01:13:777 (4) -
SPOILER
152,248,73777,2,0,B|152:184|152:184|124:156|124:108|124:108|120:64|68:40|20:64|16:108,1,300.000002384186,2|8,0:0|0:0,0:0
Garven
Changes Easy's difficulty settings to something not as stupidly low.

Rebub

:U

G'luck on the rank!
Topic Starter
Louis Cyphre
Thanks Garven ~
Andrea
Tired of seeing this map Pending for so long. Everything seems fine now.

Ranked~
Heatherfield
呵呵
Leader
Gratz!
Tenshi-nyan
Is this supposed to be music? Sounds more like a broken CD to me.
Sakura
How did this get R-

Err i mean congratz Louis, also nice to see you back on the forums as well.
Topic Starter
Louis Cyphre
Thanks everyone!
Ekoro
wat , ranked

grats
show more