forum

tablet area change

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Hikaros
this question goes directed to specific players that went through this already.

i play with the smallest possible area in the tablet but some players have been telling me that if you make it bigger it is better.

"control gets better" or so they said because pro players use it somewhat big (not necesarelly the entire tablet lol but around 1/4 or a biiit bigger).

i tried it but i find it horrible because i'm used to just make tiny moves with my fingers to reach far beats as the opposite as having a bigger active area where i must move my hand and/or wrist. As a tablet player making a change like that inloves hours of practice to just get used to it and then if i don't want it and i go back i must practice again because the feeling when going back is the same.

is like being stuck in the middle of high / low sensitivity.

so i want to ask to players who already made the transition or tried already before doing it myself.

Is it worth the transition to a bigger area? does it actually improve the control when used to it or it only depends of the player? or what is the personal experience about this matter?
winber1

Hikaros wrote:

depends of the player
this is always the case lulz, but for me (who also recently switched to tablet), I was able to get used to using the tablet in like the first hour or two. It probably won't take that long for me to adjust to a new tablet area.

Also, I do find that the more skill you have, the easier it is to switch sensitivites, whether it's mouse speed or tablet area. at least for me, when compared to my friends, who like barely play osu. tho it's kinda an assumption. i don't really have proof.
Kert
Nowadays I increase active area size regularly from the smallest one to a bigger one by a very tiny amount every few days, so it easier to get used to it. Playing maps with not big circles becomes quite easier I should say. And the amount of random misses is smaller too
Waryas
the smaller the better (for me).
CXu
I keep my active area and increase/decrease osu! window resolution instead =w=b
Topic Starter
Hikaros

CXu wrote:

but then the beats sizes gets awkwardly big or small D:
Wishy
I play full-area and while it is true you have better control, you have some issues like:

1- It's harder to do light-speed movements because of obvious reasons.
2- When doing huge movements you can lose grip of your stylus or just get uncomfortable and therefore miss.
3- Etc.
Neruell
Played for a year with full tablet area and full screen mode. Worked fine for me... changed to window mode in osu! but still using full tablet area... still works fine and I guess i can do jumps better, but somehow the amount of slider misses increased.
CXu

Hikaros wrote:

CXu wrote:

but then the beats sizes gets awkwardly big or small D:
Which is why I only do that when a song has some AEORHAEIOJ jumps or REALLY SMALL circles. At default I play in 800x600 all the time.