forum

Furries Gone Wild! - Chapter Four: The Scout

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
vytalibus
Your vision sets you into another unknown place.

It seems to be set outside. You can see a motorized boat on the side, with someone onboard.

Immediately, four numbers pop up by the center.

It seems to be a code... or is it?

Your mind immediately returns to you. You are now free to do something again.

(REDUCED SCORE for using Clairvoyance)
Lilac
Demand to keep on going to the right.

Who knows?
Ekaru
...There's no wall? *facepalm*

We continue right.
Topic Starter
vytalibus
>>Continue Right

Did you miss the fact that there isn't a wall there? Of course you didn't.

Lilac
Pick that thing off the floor.

Looks like lint to me.
Takuma
Pick up the thing on the floor, please.
EDIT: >8(
Topic Starter
vytalibus
>>Pick that thing off the floor.

EUREKA! You found LOCKPICK!
Lilac
Get that thing off the wall.

One that looks like a crowbar.
Topic Starter
vytalibus
>>Get that thing off the wall.

You look at the thing pinned on the wall. It looks like a very worn-out and unusable cane.

You pick it up anyway.

The writing below reads: "To my best friend, Red: May his soul rest in peace."

(ADDED SCORE for finding SPECIAL ITEM: RED'S CANE)
adam2046
Type "Help"
Ekaru
Type "4156" into the command prompt
Lilac
I vote in breaking the grate down.

Better that screwing up the numbers.
LadySuburu
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
vytalibus
>>Type "4156" into the command prompt

You go to the computer and see a screen. Inputting the code you saw from your vision, you see some text from the computer.

You hear some metal bars moving. You scout the room for any changes.

Ekaru
We go through the freaking passage.

*Finally*...
LadySuburu

Ekaru wrote:

We go through the freaking passage.

*Finally*...
Weilding the pipe as a weapon in case. (Lulz)
Topic Starter
vytalibus
>>We go through the freaking passage... Weilding the pipe as a weapon in case.

Just in case something dangerous appears, you pull out your IRON PIPE. Begone, creatures you have yet to see!

... Or not.
Lilac
I demand to read the sign on the top.

Of course, if you can't see from where you are, go right ahead and use the ladder, just make sure you take great care when using them.
Topic Starter
vytalibus
>>I demand to read the sign on the top.

It seems to be a frame containing an old newspaper. From where you stand, you can't even see the headlines.

The ladder won't do the trick either; not with that board in the way. It would be dangerous at the moment to try and swing yourself up.

Ekaru
We go through the doors since there is nothing else to do here, and we know what blood looks like.
Lilac
Agreed, go through the doors with still equipping the pole.
LadySuburu

MarioBros777 wrote:

Agreed, go through the doors with still equipping the pole.
Topic Starter
vytalibus
>>We go through the doors since there is nothing else to do here, and we know what blood looks like.

You open the doors. Fresh rays of sunlight greets you as you do so.

There is a path leading you to a shore. Seeing that it's your only lead, you follow it.

You see a ship with someone onboard, just like in your vision. She looks like a young cat, but it's hard to tell since her face is hiding from the shadows.

You come closer, hoping that she'd turn around.

CUTSCENE: NO SUGGESTING OF ACTIONS, BUT COMMENTS ARE ALLOWED.
LadySuburu
We are gonna diiiiie
Lilac
Why can't Kim just smack that thing with the pole?

Anyway, I think that's Gman.
Ekaru
Isn't that the boat and furry person from the vision?
Lilac
Well done, Ekaru!

It is.
Ekaru
Oh, yeah!

Am I captain obvious, or what? *sunglasses smile here*
Topic Starter
vytalibus

The cat seems to hear you. She turns around...

... Well that wasn't expected.

Overcame by sudden fear, you run back to the building.

Lilac
OMG! THE POLE FOR CHRIST SAKES!!!

*facepalm* Fear is just a state of mind. I hope you know that by now.
LadySuburu
This people, is exactally WHY we equipped the pole. Of course, if we get to safety inside, we're fine. *watches cutscene*
Topic Starter
vytalibus
You toss the IRON PIPE at the cat, hoping to slow her down. She easily avoids the incoming projectile, ridding you of your only weapon.

You hear someone scream an incomprehensible phrase, followed by some unknown urges. You look at your left, only to see a huge boulder coming at you.

Lilac
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
vytalibus

Chapter Scoreboard:
  1. -2 -- Stayed in 1-01 for too long
  2. +2 -- Obtained NOTE 01
  3. -2 -- Used Clairvoyance
  4. +2 -- Obtained RED'S CANE
Ekaru
Oh God we suck at this. So we are at 0 points. Whee!

BTW, apparently we can actually get killed next chapter. Dang it.

EDIT: Apparently we get more points for humor. Use humor guys!
Derekku
This game is fucking awesome. Great job @creators (and @players) :T
Ekaru
Speculations time.

So, a boulder came apparently out of nowhere... but there was some muttering heard.

Who could it be? An ally furry? A regular furry? A magician? An ordinary dude? A pedophile?

Also, what could that newspaper be saying? Is it important?

Finally, is Kim wearing panties?

Finally, will we ever get to go up that ladder?

P.S. Let's try not to take like 20 minutes to decide to open a door when it's really our only option this time.
Lilac
I have speculations that vytalibus is Mr. Gasper.

What?

EDIT: I think that Kim makes it through into the door, trapping her in the room and can't go back to where she ran from.

And the cat may either get crushed or make it through. Most likely the first one.
Takuma
What?! What a crazy bitch.
Pokebis
Ugh, you guys are terrible at this type of thing. I read through this hoping it would end so I could suggest something better, but it didn't. You guys missed a whole bunch of things that could have been done.
Neo@lex

Pokebis wrote:

Ugh, you guys are terrible at this type of thing. I read through this hoping it would end so I could suggest something better, but it didn't. You guys missed a whole bunch of things that could have been done.
You should have posted~
In games like this, there are no second chances.
Ekaru
Oh?

In #mafia (which I mentioned earlier), we talked about a *lot* more than what we posted here. I mean, a lot. We just generally had one person post after we had a discussion.

Keep in mind that we attempted to think things through, could barely agree on some things, etc. Also that we couldn't waste too much time in one room, or we'd get penalized.

If there was no consequence for trying everything out, we would've probably done that, but getting injured or wasting time deducts points, and we had to agree on an action before we could do it.

Post what you thought we missed. There's a good chance we thought of it; there were a lot of ideas going around. BTW, someone did think of what awp posted... when we got to the third room. No real point in wasting time to see if any noise is coming out of a vent, since we had already used clairvoyance and pretty much figured out there was a code to enter. I wouldn't be surprised if we were supposed to get the code by listening through that vent. *shrugs* But we already had the code, so...

Yeah, interesting to see what you thought we missed there. I thought most ideas possible were flung around in there, it was kinda crazy sometimes. Join us next time; it's fun! Also, if you're lurking, make an account and join us in #mafia next time, we want more players, more crazy/good ideas. ;_;
Topic Starter
vytalibus
I did ask the players to discuss their choices in #mafia and, like what Ekaru said, they brainstormed on a lot of ideas. I just had one of them post what they have decided.

For example, after picking up RED'S CANE, you will notice that there is a thirty-minute gap before I could post the next idea. I listened to all the players in the channel think about the possibilities, even going up to the point where they were suspicious of the code presented in Kim's vision and hence looking for other passages. Since the first chapter is kind of like a tutorial, I gave away some hints while they discussed, but nothing more to "railroad" their course of actions.

Which brings me to this: starting the next chapter, I will not be helping the players anymore. That means no more "going hot, going cold" kind of hints, and I will be mostly silent in the channel for most of the time. Since the players already know the validity of Kim's Clairvoyance power, they are free to use it whenever they are stuck.

EDIT: In sixty hours (maybe less; my head's a bit fuzzy right now to do some calculation), I might be able to release Chapter Two. Watch for my announcement in #osu for a confirmation (I usually announce the chapter half an hour before it starts).
gp0_old
Skimmed~

It would be interesting to see if an "Endless Eight" format would work here and annoy everyone... Never mind.

So that's what those weird "kim" pics for in upppy. Hm. I was wondering about that. I'll definitely tune in to find out.

And remember, an accompanying video can always be made to anything (rule 734b.)
Lilac
The fact that vytalibus gave hints was quite useful

I can see why he doesn't want to give anymore. Ruby and Tom never gave hints (as far as I see) but I really think that Kim will get injured in Chapter 2.

In response to Pokebis, I was the one who thought about all the consequences that would take place, thus holding up the group. This type of thinking may help us in the future as i'm fairly sure that getting injured would lose points and I don't want to get Kim hurt. (I'm sure some people know why...)

I also think that I won't be here for the next chapter so I won't be here. I LOVE YOU KIM!!! ^_^ You can do it!
awp
It's still pretty interesting to read/look at tbqh

I like the artwork, simplistic as it may be
Lilac
*waiting anxiously for Chapter 2*
Pokebis
*bumping a stickied thread*
Gens

awp wrote:

It's still pretty interesting to read/look at tbqh
And I might lurk through #mafia too. :P
Topic Starter
vytalibus
Okay, I had to bump the thread to tell you all:

I didn't expect myself to recover so quickly. Two hours after this post, I can start with the game.

Please consider yourselves reminded.
Topic Starter
vytalibus
Larto
(vyt allowed me to post since I don't know too much about the story anyway and no one is there at the moment :()

Carefully examine the "body" on the floor and be ready to run if you need to
Takuma

Larto wrote:

Carefully examine the "body" on the floor and be ready to run if you need to.
Topic Starter
vytalibus
>>Carefully examine the "body" on the floor and be ready to run if you need to

Even at afar, he looks pretty dead. It seems like he was killed even before he dropped down.

A closer inspection reveals a deep wound on his chest. Was he stabbed or something?
Yuukari-Banteki
Examine board pieces to ensure that carrying them will not cause any injury, then pick them up if they will not.
Topic Starter
vytalibus
>>Examine board pieces to ensure that carrying them will not cause any injury, then pick them up if they will not.

The board pieces seem to be unable to do any injury, but it seems like they cannot sustain any more damage, either. You see no further use for them.
Larto
Go up the ladder. Prepare for the worst.
Topic Starter
vytalibus
RemmyX25
Voting to loot the dead guy, THEN check the window things
Topic Starter
vytalibus
Larto
Go to the left. There seems to be nothing to do in this room, and you can't go to the right.
Topic Starter
vytalibus
>>Go to the left. There seems to be nothing to do in this room, and you can't go to the right.

Before you enter the room, you hear a muffled thud from below you. Something must be happening there.

Pokebis
Go left again to the room you started in.
Topic Starter
vytalibus

Pokebis wrote:

Go left again to the room you started in.
A word of notice: there are players in #mafia, so if you don't see your action being chosen, that means there are more people who voted otherwise.
Topic Starter
vytalibus
>>Go left again to the room you started in.

You see the other side of the room, and notice nothing has changed there as well. You quickly opt to go to the next room.

Pokebis
Topic Starter
vytalibus
>>Examine slip on floor. Attempt to fly with ears.

Those ears may be huge, but they certainly wouldn't allow you to fly. And even if you can, where would you go to?

This note feels so light that it doesn't consume any space in your inventory. You keep it with a light heart.
Lilac
Derekku

MarioBros777 wrote:

EDIT: Have you realized that note is split in half? Maybe it's part of the code for the command prompt thing... So find the second half of that code!
Thanks captain obvious.
Ekaru
Pokebis

Ekaru wrote:

We wanna check the first room, the one to our left.
Rendering Mariobros as the minority.
Wizard Of Orz
I can't go to #mafia due to ipod but this game is interesting

check the airvent
Topic Starter
vytalibus
The perverted voices inside Kim has spoken.

>>We wanna check the first room, the one to our left.

Sure is full of notes around here.
Ekaru
awp
Is it out of place for me to say the following based on obsevation?

SPOILER
the 86 and the 32 have the same tear direction. Meaning that's a 98, not an 86. I'd be horribly disappointed if anyone missed that.
Topic Starter
vytalibus
>>We want to pick up the note and compare it to the other one.

EDIT: And check the back of the notes while we're at it. -.-;

Obviously, the notes seem to be part of a whole! But which goes where...

You turn the notes around to see if there's anything behind them.

Ekaru
Flip the 86 upside down, and see if it fits with the 32 or whatever.
Topic Starter
vytalibus
Ekaru
Go to computer room.

Don't shlick furiously.
Lilac

Derekku Chan wrote:

MarioBros777 wrote:

EDIT: Have you realized that note is split in half? Maybe it's part of the code for the command prompt thing... So find the second half of that code!
Thanks captain obvious.
LOL, I'm now captain obvious for the day.

Anyway i'm off for school. I hope to see the results and don't even get her injured!
Topic Starter
vytalibus
>>Go to computer room.

Ekaru
Type code on paper into computer terminal

Celebrate in really perverted ways.
Topic Starter
vytalibus
>>Type code on paper into computer terminal

Celebrate in really perverted ways.

You just KNEW you had to celebrate with some good ol' shlicking, don't you? Keeping that in mind, you fight through your perverted ways, inputting the code first.

AT LAST! NOW YOU CAN LIFT YOUR SKIRT UP AND DO WHAT YOU'VE ALWAYS WANT TO DO-

THUD

You stop in surprise and look what happened.

It seems that the door holding the passage actually fell down. You suddenly lack the perversiveness to continue what you want to do.
LadySuburu
Use third eye.

Travel through new pathway.
Neo@lex
Ekaru
Topic Starter
vytalibus
>>Travel through new pathway.

Ekaru
Topic Starter
vytalibus
Topic Starter
vytalibus
Ekaru
Topic Starter
vytalibus
Ekaru
We run for our fucking lives.

First we go back behind the wall (side with dispenser), then run for the passage to our left.
Takuma
lmfao
Topic Starter
vytalibus
Hey, look at the bright side.

At least you're able to confirm your very fast metabolism.

However, what you only saw on that corner was that axe lunging towards you. It must've been a trap.

(REDUCED SCORE for using Extremely Fast Metabolism)
Wizard Of Orz
pick up lint
Ekaru
We pick up the string thing on floor, then go through left passageway.
Topic Starter
vytalibus
>>We pick up the string thing on floor, then go through left passageway.

Despite your body's very fast recovery, your mind is still in such an extreme state of pain. You might want to avoid traps in the near future; it doesn't do good for your mind.

You pick up the WIRE lying beside you.

HEY LOOK EVEN YOUR SKIRT SEEMS TO HAVE REGROWN OH MAI GAWD
Wizard Of Orz
self regenerating clothes, i like it.
Ekaru
Get in fighting pose with crescent on hand, then knock on the glass or whatever and quickly back away, still posed.
show more