forum

Highlights on another channel [Added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Starrodkirby86
This isn't really a major bug, but it is a problem with the notifier...

The highlight notifier, you know, the little purple strip of text that says "Your name has been mentioned by (username) in #(channel)!" or whatever, doesn't appear when you open the Chat Tab.

Okay, that's regular behavior. But sometimes regular behavior isn't all cool.

Have the Chat Tab open and get highlighted. You'll know you're being called out because of the green text. But, say you're on #osu and you get highlighted by someone on #mod. You won't know. There's not even an audio notification because you're on the osu! window.

That's kind of the problem...

Perhaps you can try that if you get highlighted on another channel, that purple window will appear still? Or maybe ana udio notification?

Sorry if no one understands, my mind isn't focused on explaining things.

Duplicates: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=14838
RemmyX25
Actually, I think this might be best in Feature Requests? Its not really a bug per se, but something that should be implemented. In any case, +1 support.
anonymous_old
Change tab colour please.
Gabi
y, if you get highlighted in "insert channel here" then that tab should change color.
qlum
support +1
mattyu007
It should also tell you what channel you get highlighted on when the chat panel is closed.
Takuma
It's about time this was brought up. +1
Soaprman
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Gens
Yes, I agree it should highlight you even though you have the chatbox open. Though maybe a toggle?

EDIT@Remmy: Okay I'm just a retard, I said "For people whose highlights are annoying", but that would be just default behavior. Kill me if you want D:
RemmyX25

Gens wrote:

Though maybe a toggle?
Why would you need a toggle for this?
CheeseWarlock
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Card N'FoRcE
Well, maybe audio is not necessary, but something visual is needed for this.

+1 support
Derekku

CheeseWarlock wrote:

I don't think we need an audio notification, but I'd like a more definitive notification for when chat is already open. Just a tab colour change or something. Would be nice to add this new highlighting to PMs as well. /support
This.
Gabi
audio can be toggled anyway ^^
Topic Starter
Starrodkirby86
Bumping this for attention. .3.
Atmey
Gens
Sad buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuump
Topic Starter
Starrodkirby86

Gens wrote:

Sad buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuump
ilugens<3
Wojjan
I haven't supported yet? If not, /support
If so, /support again
Takuma
+99