forum

[Archived] osu! crash leading to game "resetting" but replays intact

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Alpaca Lips
Problem Details:
So yesterday when I exited out of osu! my whole computer crashed and then had to force restart. I didn't think much about it but when I opened up osu! the next day, the whole game "reset" (all options set to default) and then proceeded to reprocess all of my beatmaps. I noticed that all of my local scores were gone but the replays were still in the /data /r directory. I'm not sure if any replays have been lost or corrupted due to the crash yet. So basically the game has it so that all of the maps I have are in the "Never Played" category and there are no rankings recorded in the client.

Does anyone know how I could fix this issue and maybe why osu! caused my computer to crash? I tried looking at other threads but they didn't seem to be apply to me since apparently there is a another scores.db file but with a lot of numbers on it which I can't find in my own folder.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8179506

osu! version: 20170404.2
Dntm8kmeeatu
A recompiled database causes all maps to be marked "Unplayed" normally if the scores are still intact, playing the maps or viewing them bring them back.
Topic Starter
Alpaca Lips
So would this thread p/4582255 not be relevant to my issue? It seems like a pain to click every single replay I've done.
Dntm8kmeeatu
That seemed to have been an error with a specific old version of Cutting Edge, most likely not related.
Topic Starter
Alpaca Lips
p/4360843 So would this fix my whole issue and make it so that all the ranking letters show up again for my scores?
Topic Starter
Alpaca Lips
Hello?
Lacrimosa
It might load your replays all at once, but you will still have to hover over each beatmap for the rank to load up. I'm not sure if it's going to work, though, since I've never tried it, but you could give it a try.