forum

[resolved] Possible way to open mutiple .osr's at once?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Zexceed
Problem Details:
Subject says it all. Recently, I accidentally removed some file folders out of the osu! folder. I put them back, and I think everything is back to normal. Next time I launched osu!, My local scores were still there, but not the option to see the actual gameplay. I found out that if I just looked up .osr on my whole C drive all of the missing replays are there. I clicked on a .osr file and the gameplay for a local score came back. I tried dragging all of them at once, thinking that it would restore all of the missing replays but it just Imports 1. Any suggestions of how to do it all at one time?

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

http://puu.sh/j9uPo/68ceb26842.png

(Plus 1400 other .osr files)

osu! version: 20150721cuttingedge
abraker

Zexceeded wrote:

Possible way to open mutiple .osr's at once?
I don't think there is an "import all" button.

Any suggestions of how to do it all at one time?

Uh...might be a bit advanced for an average user, but try this. Open notepad and paste the code below. Replace the my folder PATH (inside the quotes) with yours (do not erase quotes) and save it somewhere. Go to where you saved it and rename the .txt part into .bat. If you don't see .txt, go to control panel -> search for "folder options" -> view -> and uncheck "hide extensions for know file types". After you renamed it, open it like a file and let your replays import. AND FOR THE LOVE YOUR SAFETY DONT PUT IN THE WRONG DIRECTORY!!! because you know, it will open everything in the folder.

@echo off

for %%i in ("C:\My Games\Games\osu!\test"\*) do (%%i timout 1)

To recover replays you would want to make the path
..\osu!\Data\r
where the ".." part is where your osu! folder is located. Also instead of just the asterisk replace it with
*.osr
for it to open just the *.osr files since there are other file types in there.
Trosk-
You could also move out (just in case something goes wrong) your "scores.db" file from your osu! installation folder and osu! will create another archive, importing all the scores that are associated to a replay. If you had scores that were not associated to a replay, you will lose them, I believe.

If you do this, remember to close osu! before doing it.
Topic Starter
Zexceed
[deleted]
Trosk-

Zexceeded wrote:

Hi abraker, thx for your reply! When you told me to rename the file name to .bat, this would happen:

http://puu.sh/j9X64/02f7eee0c0.png

After I click ok, the file name changes to .bat.txt

Am I doing this right? or did I miss something? (I did the uncheck thing in control panel)
I guess you deleted the archive name... You can't save a file without name. ust change the extension from .txt to .bat.
RvNovae
it should look like this in the end

just with your custom name for the file which can be any.
Topic Starter
Zexceed
Thanks again for everyone who has replied in this thread. I successfully changed the file to .bat, and launched the command thar arbraker wrote. All of the replays came back. I could watch them, but once I exited I wouldn't be able to see them again. I restarted osu! thinking it was just a bug, but they still weren't there.

Here is the thing that I copied from arbraker posted before, did I copy it incorrectly? Or is it just the .osr itself not being able to permanently save the replays?

http://puu.sh/ja1zb/661abb3595.png
RvNovae
The replays should still be watchable when you click on local rankings and check the appropriate score.
Nekonyan

Zexceeded wrote:

All of the replays came back. I could watch them, but once I exited I wouldn't be able to see them again. I restarted osu! thinking it was just a bug, but they still weren't there.
do you mean you couldn't see it on Local Ranking again? if so, try to move out the score.db and redo what abraker said
Topic Starter
Zexceed
When Trosk told me to move out the score.db, he told me to close osu! before doing it. I closed the osu! and moved the file out. Do I launch osu! now?

EDIT: Thank you everyone so much for your help! Without you guys, I would Have lost so many replays that were all so important to me. What I did was I moved out the scores.db file and let osu! create another one. Then I ran the .bat that arbraker wrote and let the replays come back one by one. Once again I thank everyone who has helped me. (I would've wrote all of this in caps to show how happy I am, but that'd be a pain in the eye to see)
RvNovae
After moving out score.db you have to launch osu! again to make it create a new database file.
Trosk-

Zexceeded wrote:

EDIT: Thank you everyone so much for your help! Without you guys, I would Have lost so many replays that were all so important to me. What I did was I moved out the scores.db file and let osu! create another one. Then I ran the .bat that arbraker wrote and let the replays come back one by one. Once again I thank everyone who has helped me. (I would've wrote all of this in caps to show how happy I am, but that'd be a pain in the eye to see)
Cool :P
Nekonyan
glad to know that's fixed :3
also.. could this thread marked as solved now?
_n1rvan4
Since I have a lot of replays from deleted maps, is it possible to set a delay between the loading of each replay so that I can download the map from supporter?
abraker
You are better off doing it manually then

Having it done automatically would be ideal, but I have no idea how to go about determining what map the replay is for from the replay file alone
Death
It would probably require reading the replay data itself to get the beatmap hash and then using that hash to figure out the actual map. Not even entirely sure that is possible if you don't have the map downloaded.
Tila1

abraker wrote:

Zexceeded wrote:

Uh...might be a bit advanced for an average user, but try this. Open notepad and paste the code below. Replace the my folder PATH (inside the quotes) with yours (do not erase quotes) and save it somewhere. Go to where you saved it and rename the .txt part into .bat. If you don't see .txt, go to control panel -> search for "folder options" -> view -> and uncheck "hide extensions for know file types". After you renamed it, open it like a file and let your replays import. AND FOR THE LOVE YOUR SAFETY DONT PUT IN THE WRONG DIRECTORY!!! because you know, it will open everything in the folder.

@echo off

..\osu!\Data\r
where the ".." part is where your osu! folder is located. Also instead of just the asterisk replace it with
*.osr

abraker wrote:

Zexceeded wrote:

@echo off

..\osu!\Data\r
*.osr
you're an angel sent from god. thank you