forum

[Archived] Wrong country

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[ Sayk ]
Hi! When I go to my profile page, it shows that I'm in spain which is my country, but inside of the game it shows that i'm in france D:
It happened about a few days ago and I don't know why, could someone help me? ^^'
Thank you!

osu! version: 20161101.2 (latest)
meii18
are you in France? when you're in game, it shows the country where you are, not from where are you from.
Dntm8kmeeatu
It could be your ISP has assigned you a french IP or something along those lines. (This happens often)

Double check you aren't running a VPN
Topic Starter
[ Sayk ]

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

It could be your ISP has assigned you a french IP or something along those lines. (This happens often)

Double check you aren't running a VPN
I'm not using any VPN and I checked my ISP and I have a spain ip :cry:
Topic Starter
[ Sayk ]

ByBy wrote:

are you in France? when you're in game, it shows the country where you are, not from where are you from.
I'm not in France, I'm in spain :(
Starrodkirby86
Do you happen to live in one of the border areas in Spain, like Aragon or Cataluna (rip independence)?

It's very possible that the IP location lookup for osu! in-game is just farting out and doing a roundabout guess, and that guess happened to lump you into France. It's like how polls would have a margin of error, and so if you were to add that margin of error to that guess, maybe it'd be your Spanish home?

I don't recall seeing this location problem as often now, but I know that in the past, the location IP thing in-game was hilariously wrong at some points. My IP made me live in cities literally spanning an hour away from here.