This is a BSS beatmap submission. Click here to view full beatmap information.
None
osu! Alumni
3,253 posts
http://osu.ppy.sh/d/56

Well, you can say first to upload, but this isn't exactly my first because I tried making another one, it's all right, but it's too hard. Even harder on Easy Mode, heh. Anyway, Robo's Theme by Yasunori Mitsuda, UBER EASY in my opinion, like Breezin' I guess, so yeah. XD
osu! Alumni
505 posts
Post is exempt of kudosu.
Welcome to the beatmapper's club!

This is a nice, short and easy song for beginners. There's a few sliders which seem to come in a quarter beat too early - you might want to check the map and correct it (if it is indeed not meant to be like this). The first of these occurs at 0:10.21. There are a few more.

Great first up offering, can't wait for your next ones! :D

eyupz
osu! Alumni
3,253 posts
eyup wrote:
Welcome to the beatmapper's club!

This is a nice, short and easy song for beginners. There's a few sliders which seem to come in a quarter beat too early - you might want to check the map and correct it (if it is indeed not meant to be like this). The first of these occurs at 0:10.21. There are a few more.

Great first up offering, can't wait for your next ones! :D

eyupz

Oh yeah, I realized that as well. I know where they are, I'm glad someone else has found it. Thanks for your review, I appreciate the friendliness very much. ^_^ XD

Yes, I'll make some more beatmaps, they're very fun like creating Stepmania songs.
19,085 posts
Hey Starrod - just wondering if you have sliders and reuploaded or not :D
osu! Alumni
3,253 posts
peppy wrote:
Hey Starrod - just wondering if you have sliders and reuploaded or not :D

No, though if you insist, I will redo the sliders to get them on-sync, if that is what you mean. :P
19,085 posts
It would be a good idea - no point finishing something 99% ;)
osu! Alumni
3,253 posts
I just did it right now, I also added some more whistles and finishes, well actually more finishes. The new version is going to get uploaded just right now. :D
osu! Alumni
3,253 posts
Double posting okay or not? I never seen an enforcing of rules anyway, I love that anyway, heh, we're all such refined. Anyway, it should be updated now, hopefully the original URL is overwritten or something because I uploaded under the same filename.

http://peppy.chigau.com/files/robo.osz
19,085 posts
Dual posting is fine as long as it doesn't get out of hand. Editing is of couse, preferred.

I have changed your original link - case sensitivity ;).
Cymbal Sounder
37 posts
This map is very out of sync, sorry to tell you this. Basically, every beat in the song needs to be re-snapped to the beat. I suggest you set your beat snap to 1/1 since that's all you use and move your beats back and forth to make sure they're snapped correctly to the beat of the song. I suppose you changed the timing after making your beatmap and did not let it adjust. If you want me to be more specific here's a list of what I found was wrong:
-1:080: Beat slightly off, just need to re-snap it to the beat of the song
-5:181: Beat slightly off, just need to re-snap it to the beat of the song
-7:257: Beat slightly off, just need to re-snap it to the beat of the song
-7:770: Beat slightly off, just need to re-snap it to the beat of the song
-10:242: Slider needs to be re-snapped to the beat of the song
-11:891: Beat needs to be re-snapped to the beat of the song
-18:589: Slider needs to be re-snapped to the beat of the song
-20:197 Beat needs to be re-snapped to the beat of the song
-43:527 Slider needs to be re-snapped to the beat of the song
-45:129 Beat needs to be re-snapped to the beat of the song
-51:775 Need to remove the unnecessary point of the slider and re-snap it to the beat of the song
-53:441 Beat needs to be re-snapped to the beat of the song
That's it, I think. I hope it's helpful.
osu! Hall of Famer
1,270 posts
While it's nice to see you put in an effort to fix up the map, Skya, this is already ranked. It was ranked at a time where there were very little guidelines and whatnot, so it's going to be pretty bad.

In order to have the map changed, it would need to deranked by peppy, which would be pointless as this map's creator has been inactive for 7+ months. D:

Stick to maps made, at the very least, in 2008 if you'd like higher quality for now.
Cymbal Sounder
37 posts
It's pretty sad that the song can't be corrected at all, it's a nice song, such a shame. What if someone else submitted a map for it? Could it take its place in the the ranked maps?
osu! Hall of Famer
1,270 posts
It won't take its place, but feel free to remap it yourself. ;x
osu! Alumni
3,253 posts
I seemed to notice the recent post Skya has made. I appreciate the thought of helping this old file out.

Now that I'm beginning to become active again, should I re-upload a new revamped version of this song? If so, I'm a bit confused with the methods how to now...as in, should I use the in-game uploader or find that flash file uploader I used for centuries (Before the in-game uploader was introduced, LOL).

Edit: I don't know if this is a necropost considering this thread hasn't been talked upon for nine days. I mean, it's totally all right since you two are still active members. :P But there's always rules about necroposting...and I don't know if it's month for you guys or simply a week. :?
Whistle Blower
17 posts
the timing of this beatmap still needs work
well I fixed it my self heres the osu file

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by gnt101 on , edited 1 time in total.
This is a BSS beatmap submission. Click here to view full beatmap information.
Reply 18 posts jump | 1, 2  next