Title: Wind
BPM: 174.97
Filesize: 4118kb
Play Time: 02:31
Difficulties Available:
  1. Chuunin (3.62 stars, 182 notes)
  2. Genin (1.06 stars, 81 notes)
  3. Kage (4.91 stars, 301 notes)
  4. Mogsworth's Jonin (4.88 stars, 172 notes)
Download: Akeboshi - Wind
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Naruto ED 1, full version. Fun fact: it's Wind as in winding road, not as in a windy day.

You know what? I don't even watch or read Naruto. I just love this song so much. Western-influenced Japanese folk music in 5/4 time~ But anyway, Naruto-themed to make the fans happy.

+1 mogsymap.

Edit 1: Minor fixes, thanks Daru.
Edit 2: Minor fixes, thanks Skyripper.
Edit 3: Minor fixes, thanks Hara.
Edit 4: Minor fixes, thanks Mogsworth and An64fan.
Edit 5: Reuploaded with Mogworth's Jonin <3, ready for ranking.
Edit 6: Tweaked difficulty settings so Kage shows up as hardest.
Edit 7: Fixed offset and changed ONE HITSOUND.
Edit 8: Kage works again THANK YOU ZEROSTARRY FOR HAVING AN OLD VERSION ;__;
Edit 9: A few SFGfixes. Can has bubble+rank?
Daru
Overall:
Couldn't find much wrong with it. A nice map with a rather fun [Kage] difficulty. :)

[Genin]
01:52:11 (2) - Right 2 spaces in grid 3
02:19:89 (2) - Curve in the opposite direction; it feels off considering the previous slider and the one it leads up to.

[Chunin]
00:44:90 (1,2) - Unstack, and move (3) accordingly
01:32:22 (7,1,1) - Over-spaced
01:34:96 (5) - Right 1 space on grid 3

[Kage]
00:47:64 (9) - Reverse slider direction
01:04:27 (8,9,10) - Rearrange to curve into next slider ((10) up about 5, (9) up about 11 and right 1, (8) to connect (7) to (9))
01:39:34 (2) - (Unsure whether this was intentional) Move 1/8th forward.
02:25:20 (5) - Left 1 space on grid 3
Skyripper
6,127 offset

Exciting sliders :)

[Genin]
Recalculate your break lengths, unless of course you purposely put them where they are ;)
02:06:17 (5) - a little long between 4 and 5 with no break. new combo

[Chuunin]
00:34:27 (5) - new combo to match style?

[Kage] You should use the sound adjustments from this difficulty on the others (when they apply)

The only other thing I will say is: It is incredibly hard to tell what speed each slider is going to be. I suppose the positive thing is you are using tick rate 1, so it's pretty hard to slider break.

star for now <3
Topic Starter
CheeseWarlock
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
HarryOrunitia
Oh, I love this song. I'm glad you're mapping it! And I'm not a Naruto fan either~
I'd make a difficulty if I hadn't promised 3 difficulties to other mappers XD
I thought I could mod this, but no, this map is so nice and enjoyable already. Nice job. You have my star :D
Skyripper
This map is really sweet Cheese... My changes were just suggested so I'm just sorry they weren't more helpful !! <3

EDIT:

Rechecked it, looking good.

bubbles
awp
[Normal]
Some of the timings confuse me but whatever let's just roll with it. oh wait it goes with the vocals but not religiously so that it has flow. Probably for the best, too. Seriously, the vocals bug the piss out of me.

[Hard]
Good map, but you have to storyboard your sliders. So many of them are unpredictably fast or slow. Use that ninja magic abundant in the Naruto world. Set the heads of fast sliders on fire, and freeze the heads of slow sliders with ice, or something.
Rono_old
Good song, but as awp said, you have to storyboard the sliders, its very confusing a fast one, slow one, slower one, faster one, and so on.

But however, nice map :D *star*
Topic Starter
CheeseWarlock
I'd rather not have to storyboard every single slider. If you'll notice, the vast majority of them have a pattern- the third beat of every bar in the verse, the first beat of every other bar in the chorus. But I'll think of a way to storyboard in something to clarify it.
kingcobra52
Everything checks out here. Storyboard or not, I'd rank. :P

I'll wait to see what you add in though.
0_o
I really don't think a storyboard is necessary, if you actually listen to the song the sliders feel pretty natural...
Topic Starter
CheeseWarlock
Then it looks like the votes are 3-2 for no SB needed. But that's not a good enough margin of victory. So I'll probably still SB it when I get inspired.
Hara
[Kage]
00:29:471 (1,2) - First, (1)'s angle at the ending looks sloppy towards the start of (2), maybe fix? Second, (2)'s curve is sloppy made, fix it?
01:09:935 (3) - Sloppy curvature.

[Chuunin]
Looks pretty good.

[Genin]
Lookin' good.
Topic Starter
CheeseWarlock
(2)'s curve is sloppy made, fix it? - Intentional, it matches the note shape of the flute.
Mogsy
Kage:
-01:40:11 (1) - I'd put a Finish here, this beat sounds awkward to me without one.
-02:31:89 (1) - Some sort of hitsound to denote that this is the end would be nice.
-This is definitely interesting. I like it.

Chunin:
-02:31:89 (1) - Again, it'd be nice for this to have a hitsound, just because it's the end.

Genin:
-01:38:05 (1) - I think a Finish on the very last point instead of a Clap sounds better.
-02:28:46 (1) - That whole spinner thing I mentioned before.

So, change this stuff and I'll rank. Very minor details but this map is still interesting and fun.
An64fan
I can hardly be sure what to think of this... I mean, really...Just...wow. It does feel awkward to follow...but...it feels right at the same time. Of course, there are a few parts where I feel there are exceptions, but... Still, just amazing. It's got that quality to it... I can't describe it though. This is like your Doughnut Lifts map, but to a much greater level still. I can't get enough of it.

Genin had nothing of real note that bugged me, and love the jumps in Chunin--it's a noticeable but not too drastic a step towards Kage.

Chuunin
00:42:33 (3) - This follows the same pattern as the previous combo, though it feels really awkward here. Perhaps consider moving it back 1/2 beat; there, it's timed to the piano, and just seems to feel more natural.

Really, that's the only thing of note. I'll reserve judgement though, and see if anyone else thinks similarly or just the opposite of what I thought of it.
Topic Starter
CheeseWarlock
Things unfixed:

00:42:33 (3) - This follows the same pattern as the previous combo, though it feels really awkward here. Perhaps consider moving it back 1/2 beat; there, it's timed to the piano, and just seems to feel more natural.
I hear what you mean, but I think I'm going to prioritize the consistency of the beats here.

-01:38:05 (1) - I think a Finish on the very last point instead of a Clap sounds better.
I don't think a finish belongs there because it's not actually the end of any musical phrase- it's just where the mapping stops to take a break. Will a whistle work?

The votes seem to be swinging in favour of the slider speed changes being fine without storyboarding. But I'd at least like to get a custom difficulty for this, still.
Mogsy
I'll attempt to map something during my off time this week. It's alright for ranking at current time, though. Just know that I'll pop the bubble once the custom difficulty is up.
Larto
Kage diff is unique. Awesome job, Cheese. I love it. Most intuitive usage of speed ups/slow downs ever. <3
Not ranking yet though, waiting for Mogsy's diff.
RemmyX25
Popping bubble because of

Larto wrote:

Not ranking yet though, waiting for Mogsy's diff.
show more