forum

Taiko Mapping Discussions

posted
Total Posts
show more
Dolphin

Makar wrote:

I think it's better suited for this thread t/127128

Btw somebody needs to make that list already :v I think it will be helpful. Maybe I'll do it if nobody steps up
I would like to be a volunteer for this. :p I could make the document I guess?
Makar
Actually I just starting making one so xD... I'll make a thread when finished
MMzz
Bumping this thread with a fun game, called the random map challenge. Hit F2 five times in osu! and map those 5 songs. :'D

Here is my current list.
#1: Tsukasa - Visions. -WiP
#2: YUKI - Sakamichi no Melody (TV Size) -TBA
#3: Y&Co feat. Karin - Sweet Rain -TBA
#4: DJ YOSHITAKA feat. Hoshino Kanako - MAX LOVE -TBA
#5: Nakajima Megumi - Seikan Hikou (TV Size) -TBA

cba to link all the osu! maps for them.

I really like all these songs, so this won't be hard for me to do.

btw I'll get them all ranked too.
XK2238

MMzz wrote:

Bumping this thread with a fun game, called the random map challenge. Hit F2 five times in osu! and map those 5 songs. :'D

Here is my current list.
#1: Tsukasa - Visions. -WiP
#2: YUKI - Sakamichi no Melody (TV Size) -TBA
#3: Y&Co feat. Karin - Sweet Rain -TBA
#4: DJ YOSHITAKA feat. Hoshino Kanako - MAX LOVE -TBA
#5: Nakajima Megumi - Seikan Hikou (TV Size) -TBA

cba to link all the osu! maps for them.

I really like all these songs, so this won't be hard for me to do.

btw I'll get them all ranked too.
do I have to get my possible maps ranked too in case I join this? :o
MMzz
Only if you want to lol.
Kuro

XK2238 wrote:

do I have to get my possible maps ranked too in case I join this? :o
Same thing I thought, getting maps ranked is too hard and troublesome so I grave most of my maps.

Nonetheless, it still sounds fun and I might join in this game. \:D/
Luna
Well, let's see what songs I get.
I have a feeling that downloading every single map regardless of how much I like the song might screw me over here...

BanYa - Blazing
Tomohito Nishiura - St. Mystere
SAWA - Twister - That Power is Yet Unknown
Sir Alex Dj - Papa' Castoro (Remix)
Hidamari Sketch - Sutakora Dream

Hm, could've been a lot worse; This is actually quite workable.
Dolphin
I am here to spark interest in this thread again.

When do you use Big Dons or Big Kats when mapping Taiko?

I use Big Dons exclusively for louder drum-sounds or low-pitch bangs. Whilst I use Big Kats mostly for cymbal sounds, significant claps, or crash sounds.
I find this to make more sense because Don is lower pitch than Kat. (obvious thing is obvious) This also results into me using a lot of Big Kats in my maps. :lol:

Also how do you handle loud sound effects (that would suit big notes) at the end of a stream? Do you cut of the end of the stream to allow the player to take a short break from the stream and then do the big note, or do you just simply continue the stream and put the big note at the end? Or do you have your own way?

Please discuss! :P
Mithos
I am now aware on how hard it is to get mods for taiko. It hasn't been too long since I uploaded my map, but I can still see how it differs from standard. Mainly because...

-2 Days with a M4M queue, zero posts in the thread.
-None of the modding queues mod Taiko

I got really lucky with the 3 mods I got so far, and all of them came from #taiko and #modhelp (except Tasha, who offered a mod without knowing I was mapping anything). The lack of average modders really is damaging this community. I would be all up for a "modding team" that focuses on taiko sets.

Someone in the team finds a map, contacts the mapper to see if they want some mods. Modder says yes, and 3-4 people in the team take turns modding that map until it's in good condition for BAT approval. If we create a 'focus fire' style of modding where we pick out a few maps to follow until they get ranked, ranking Taiko sets will become much easier and much faster, thus getting more taiko mappers/modders.
OnosakiHito
Well, hopfully I will reopen my Modding Team after the 03.07.(tomorrow), just in case you are interested.
At that day I will finish my last exam, so I can start modding more again(+ the team).
lolcubes
I still think people do too much planning on getting or giving mods. So much that it takes all the time and effort and the results are not great. Just mod other people's maps on a whim and then sometimes ask them if they can check your map. Doesn't work always but it's far more simple.

Also, did you ask any of the people from this list?
And try to post your map in #modreqs, specifically asking for taiko mods. Sometimes you can get a couple of mods by doing this if lucky. :p
Dolphin

Mithost wrote:

I am now aware on how hard it is to get mods for taiko. It hasn't been too long since I uploaded my map, but I can still see how it differs from standard. Mainly because...

-2 Days with a M4M queue, zero posts in the thread.
-None of the modding queues mod Taiko

I got really lucky with the 3 mods I got so far, and all of them came from #taiko and #modhelp (except Tasha, who offered a mod without knowing I was mapping anything). The lack of average modders really is damaging this community. I would be all up for a "modding team" that focuses on taiko sets.

Someone in the team finds a map, contacts the mapper to see if they want some mods. Modder says yes, and 3-4 people in the team take turns modding that map until it's in good condition for BAT approval. If we create a 'focus fire' style of modding where we pick out a few maps to follow until they get ranked, ranking Taiko sets will become much easier and much faster, thus getting more taiko mappers/modders.
Well on my map of Lapis what I have done to get mods is mostly digging up the ones who give mods and do a lot of M4M. Of course I used the Taiko Modder List as a reference but not everyone is on that list. So much effort required to getting mods :(

But this focus-fire modding style sounds neat. Although if we do that, other people who have Taiko Mapsets are probably going to be jealous. :P
And there is also a higher chance that newbies won't get as much attention just because we don't know how good they are.
Mithos
Well hopefully we can have enough people in the team to focus on 2-4 maps at a time. That way, we should cover a large amount of the taiko only mapsets.
Dolphin
I was thinking of creating a mod queue team where each modder take 1 or 2 maps each round. Which is a nice solution for the lazy modders (me)
And if you want to we can have Unlimited for M4M. We need more PROPER Taiko mod queues. :(

just tell me if you're interested or something.
Mithos
I would be interested in being in a Taiko mod queue team with you. I'm not sure how the whole round system works, but if you give me maps and I can have my own little rules blurb, I'd be happy.
Dolphin

Mithost wrote:

I would be interested in being in a Taiko mod queue team with you. I'm not sure how the whole round system works, but if you give me maps and I can have my own little rules blurb, I'd be happy.
ah sweet. I'll catch you in-game for more discussion :p
Michel
first map

lost it because my computer failed me
won't even bother recovering because it'll likely be ignored anyways
TKS
silence

anyway, i uploaded live-mapping video.
(cant upload youtube...why..;w;)

http://gavie.net/play/movie.php?t=112681
Love
Might as well post this somewhere for the taiko mapping community. Look guys, we're losing more and more players because taiko is kind-of getting boring. We should start looking to bring more newer players to the play-field. This isn't going to happen if you keep making guest Muzu+Oni difficulties. That's not going to bring new players. Instead of asking a mapper to make guest difficulty on their other game-mode mapset, make your own mapset. If you can make a Muzukashii and an Oni, you can make a whole set of K-F-M-O(-I). [Kantan - Futsuu - Muzukashii - Oni - (Inner Oni)]. Please, this is for our own game-mode's sake. I rarely see new players, and my theory for all of our mapsets just sitting there in pending is this: If we don't have easier difficulties, we don't have newer players, if we don't have more players in our player-base, that's less mappers/modders. If we have less mappers/modders, we have less mapsets getting ranked.

Our dying community needs help, and we need to start working together to help it grow once again. Start doing M4Ms, if you don't map but you mod, then mod some popular mappers. A few people that I see that are doing these things to help our community are: TKSalt, taiko_maniac1811, MMzz, Sync, and myself. If you're doing M4Ms, speak up, we need more modders. We have a ton of good mapsets out there that just need a few mods for some Taiko BATs to look at. PM some people for M4Ms, if you don't mod but you map, start modding.

Taiko modding is a simple process as long as you explain to the mapper what they should try out, why a certain pattern doesn't work, why something is too hard, why they should use these notes/patters instead of what they have now, or just suggest something. If you have maps in pending, feel free to PM Me.

Modders, please add yourself to this list if you haven't so we have someone else to PM for mods.
God of Taiko

Love wrote:

Might as well post this somewhere for the taiko mapping community. Look guys, we're losing more and more players because taiko is kind-of getting boring. We should start looking to bring more newer players to the play-field. This isn't going to happen if you keep making guest Muzu+Oni difficulties. That's not going to bring new players. Instead of asking a mapper to make guest difficulty on their other game-mode mapset, make your own mapset. If you can make a Muzukashii and an Oni, you can make a whole set of K-F-M-O(-I). [Kantan - Futsuu - Muzukashii - Oni - (Inner Oni)]. Please, this is for our own game-mode's sake. I rarely see new players, and my theory for all of our mapsets just sitting there in pending is this: If we don't have easier difficulties, we don't have newer players, if we don't have more players in our player-base, that's less mappers/modders. If we have less mappers/modders, we have less mapsets getting ranked.

Our dying community needs help, and we need to start working together to help it grow once again. Start doing M4Ms, if you don't map but you mod, then mod some popular mappers. A few people that I see that are doing these things to help our community are: TKSalt, taiko_maniac1811, MMzz, Sync, and myself. If you're doing M4Ms, speak up, we need more modders. We have a ton of good mapsets out there that just need a few mods for some Taiko BATs to look at. PM some people for M4Ms, if you don't mod but you map, start modding.

Taiko modding is a simple process as long as you explain to the mapper what they should try out, why a certain pattern doesn't work, why something is too hard, why they should use these notes/patters instead of what they have now, or just suggest something. If you have maps in pending, feel free to PM Me.

Modders, please add yourself to this list if you haven't so we have someone else to PM for mods.
https://osu.ppy.sh/u/Bye
https://osu.ppy.sh/u/983349
https://osu.ppy.sh/u/1570276
https://osu.ppy.sh/u/571504

maaan, all those new players I feel them.
lolcubes
I have said this somewhere before, but I can't remember where:

While M4M brings mutual benefit, it doesn't benefit the community as a whole as much because it is reliant on the other party as well.
Example: Person 1 needs to get his map modded but doesn't feel like modding, so he will M4M with someone and get his map modded and just write a halfassed mod.
Until such things change I will always recommend to just go mod maps on a whim. You can always help someone without taking anything back, especially if you mod more than you map. If everyone keeps doing this, you would kinda achieve a state where everyone is modding everyone's maps (which is equivalent to M4M), however there is much more activity.

Just some thoughts on this.

As for the maps, guest diffs should be fine, but it would always be possible to include a futsuu guest diff as well. The only problem is, people usually get so many guest diffs so if you map 3 diffs they won't be able to rank their map. This is why muzu+oni is still better than nothing. At this point it's possible to include a kantan to have your own mapset too, however there are 2 things that would be missed.
First one is popularity, since there are so many more standard players and they would download that mapset and they would get the taiko mapset with it too cause of the guest diffs. If you had your own set, the vast majority would just ignore it and move on.
Second one is the modding process. From my observations (I could be wrong) I noticed that when people map guest diffs, they don't care as much to get them modded, because the submitter is the one who is getting mods. Since you would have to get mods on your own mapset, some people would get discouraged and demoralized (I dunno why but you can see this is true by the discussions happening around, people who are complaining they have to map more to get their guest diffs ranked for example).

Basically, there will always be problems, and until people just start modding without special conditions, nothing would get solved in my opinion. :D
Coro
I usually offer a Futsuu + Oni set, for greater difficultly spread without cluttering up the map with too many guest diffs.
Maybe Futsuu + Oni is a better compromise?
lolcubes
That is worse, and probably not even rankable. You still need a spread, not the extremes of the spread.
Coro
Isn't Kantan + Oni the extremes then? Futsuu is the second difficulty and is the easier diff in a Futsuu + Oni spread.
At any rate, I think Muzukashii + Oni has less spread and entirely shuts out new players.
Forgive me but I'm a little confused. :P

Edit: Or was your meaning include Futsuu + Muzukashii + Oni?
TKS
2diffs rule is not necessary.
taiko mapper doesn't increase because of this rule.
Mithos

TKSalt wrote:

Yeah lets go back to oni only so new players have even less songs to practice on

/sarcasm
Yuzeyun
taiko mappers do increase, they just don't feel uploading hi didou
OnosakiHito
Wow, didn't saw these important posts because of my trip.

Well, as much as I have to agree to most of the points you guys said(since the old guys and me mentioned this over and over again in the past), it won't help us as long as the community dosen't change its modding/mapping way itself. Instead of setting conditions, people should just start mod maps by their own. And those who received a mod by these people should start thinking about to give a mod for them as well.

A sozial interaction of giving and gaining.

But that's not the case. Our community is lazy. That's a fact, not an assumption. Everyone wants a mod but gives none back. This dosen't work.
We indeed have modders, but they can't cover all maps. I modded in 1 week 10 taiko-sets, but wasn't able to rank even one or bubble it at least, since there are too less mods or none. That's a problem which the mappers and modders need to change by them self.

→ The Mappers have to change their view of mapping. Not everything has to be hard.
→ The Modders have to change their attitude towards modding. Don't expect someone to mod for you. Start to mod by yourself.

Of course, this is easier said as done . That's the reason why we should start slowly for now. We have to give these people some easier start.
With that said we have to wait for following things:
- [Playing] New Taiko Beginner Training with some extras (By OnosakiHito)
- [Mapping] How to map the Taiko Difficulties (By OnosakiHito)
- [Mapping] Mapping decent maps (By Tasha)
- [Modding] A Team who takes care of some sets (E.g. Taiko Modding Team)

Showing people how to play. Give them the basic knowledge about mapping and helping them by modding.

Also,

TKSalt wrote:

OzzyOzrock
ffs muzu takes like 20 minutes, fuutsu half of that, and kantan half of that (with basic taiko mapping knowledge)

only diff that needs time and effort is oni
OnosakiHito
True. I don't even need 5min to finish a Kantan. lol
Yuzeyun
Unless the song is 6 mins long.
It's 3am, so if there are very WTF sentences, forgive me.
Cut down some text

OnosakiHito wrote:

And those who received a mod by these people should start thinking about to give a mod for them as well.
I've seen many people claiming they don't know how to mod a taiko , despite my sayings that it's easy. well that guy was Didou if you wanna know

But that's not the case. Our community is lazy. That's a fact, not an assumption. Everyone wants a mod but gives none back. This dosen't work.
We indeed have modders, but they can't cover all maps. I modded in 1 week 10 taiko-sets, but wasn't able to rank even one or bubble it at least, since there are too less mods or none. That's a problem which the mappers and modders need to change by them self.
Our community isn't lazy, it's just that they solely depend on a handful of modders -- as you said numerous times, you're asked to mod a lot of maps recently, so are tBATs as well as known experienced modders (I have to admit that I have to include myself, without any back thoughts)

→ The Mappers have to change their view of mapping. Not everything has to be hard.
This is quite a difficult view to impose, as most players who play Taiko will assume Oni is always within a 8-10★ range, as Tetsu has stated earlier, I forgot where. It's highly recommended to invite some mappers to play authentic charts, we've got a plenty of them available now.
→ The Modders have to change their attitude towards modding. Don't expect someone to mod for you. Start to mod by yourself.
You mean something along the lines of "Don't wait for somebody else to mod it in your place" ? If so, I can't agree more.

Of course, this is easier said as done . That's the reason why we should start slowly for now. We have to give these people some easier start.
With that said we have to wait for following things:
- [Playing] New Taiko Beginner Training with some extras (By OnosakiHito)
- [Mapping] How to map the Taiko Difficulties (By OnosakiHito)
- [Mapping] Mapping decent maps (By Tasha)
- [Modding] A Team who takes care of some sets (E.g. Taiko Modding Team)

Showing people how to play. Give them the basic knowledge about mapping and helping them by modding.
About the last one, we got TTQ, TMT ready and available. For the three others, we should find people who have enough free time to translate the guides as it *WILL* be useful.
Nashmun

OzzyOzrock wrote:

ffs muzu takes like 20 minutes, fuutsu half of that, and kantan half of that (with basic taiko mapping knowledge)

only diff that needs time and effort is oni
It's way easier and shorter for me to make an Oni than a Futsuu/Kantan. :>
TKS
anyway, i think necessary to discuss properly for this rule.
and to be even better if possible.
A mapset cannot have just one Taiko or osu!mania difficulty.
If you decide, for example, to include Taiko in your map, make sure you have at least 2 Taiko mode difficulties and that one of them is of an easier difficulty level if it doesn't have an osu! standard Easy level difficulty. However having only one CtB difficulty is fine.
adverse effect : https://osu.ppy.sh/s/88590
Love
It's not about knowing you can make a Kantan+Oni on a guest diff, or even Futsuu+Oni. It's just about being horrifying spread. There's no way a player can jump from a Futsuu to an Oni, and especially a Kantan to an Oni. We need spread for players to learn. For them to step up to a harder difficulty without wanting to just hate a set or be enraged because they just can't play the harder difficulty. Having multiple maps with different kinds of difficulty levels. Like an easy Oni will be a step up from a hard Muzukashii. There's some room for growth, and teaching those patterns as you move up will help.
YunoFanatic
i wanted to map a taiko but i still cant i cant even know how to put d or k and a holder i think in taiko D: is there a website how to learn one ? i think its fun though
Yuzeyun
Sad but true, nowadays to get guest diffs ranked we have to make at most two diffs as some new rules were added -- I am thinking about the contribution rule, which now applies to all modes together. There are few solutions to make a spread.
  1. The easiest: Make your own mapset. Some have been already doing this and tell others to do so.
  2. For hybrid mapsets that are yours: Make a decent spread. If your standard diffs are good enough when converted, you can take out some diffs.
  3. For guest diffs: Make a spread if possible, but tell the mapper. If he agrees, that can only turn good for both sides.
  4. Alternative solution, if there are too few diffs: Ask some people around. They might do some diffs if they like the song.

YunoFanatic wrote:

i wanted to map a taiko but i still cant i cant even know how to put d or k and a holder i think in taiko D: is there a website how to learn one ? i think its fun though
d is by default, k is by putting a whistle or clap. big notes are done with finishes, rolls are done via sliders and dendens are done with spinners.
Coro
It may be a bit unfair to say the community is lazy because some people may have RL commitments and can't devote as much time as they like to modding. The lack of mods going around may be due to a combination of this and the small population of Taiko modders.

This could be remedied if there are more modders though.
karterfreak

CoroQuetz wrote:

It may be a bit unfair to say the community is lazy because some people may have RL commitments and can't devote as much time as they like to modding. The lack of mods going around may be due to a combination of this and the small population of Taiko modders.

This could be remedied if there are more modders though.
No, I think he hit the nail right on the head.

There's plenty of people who would rather spend days asking people to mod their map exclusively than to do a M4M. If people put the same amount of effort into modding as they did finding mods, there wouldn't be the issue that there is right now.
Love

Tasha wrote:

There's plenty of people who would rather spend days asking people to mod their map exclusively than to do a M4M. If people put the same amount of effort into modding as they did finding mods, there wouldn't be the issue that there is right now.
Exactly what I was trying to say without being bold XD
OnosakiHito
Not to mention how lazy we are when it comes about mapping difficulties. Most people prefer mapping only one Oni.
The list of laziness is beyond infinity, you can see it already in Taiko related discussions. The activity is often nearly zero, compared to other game modes.
Even the map-sets I've modded and marked as "calling me back after 2~3 mods", didn't moved the finger to find one single mod.
It hurts me to say that, but that's the fact.

Also I agree to everything you said so far Love.

Btw: Incoming Mapping Taiko Difficultie Guide.
HeatKai

OnosakiHito wrote:

Not to mention how lazy we are when it comes about mapping difficulties. Most people prefer mapping only one Oni.
The list of laziness is beyond infinity
ahuehuee
OnosakiHito

HeatKai wrote:

OnosakiHito wrote:

The list of laziness is beyond infinity
ahuehuee
Exactly what HeatKai says. That's the main reason why people want the 2-diff rule removed. Which is not a good reason at all.
HeatKai
bring the old time back! so i can get in more beatmap tags haha jk :p
[Luanny]
Hello people :D
Had some conversation with Ono and yeah I support the 2 diffs rule change BUT NOT BECAUSE OF THE LAZY PEOPLE, Just to bring mappers and players back
Btw I can't into taiko anymore >_>

BRING OLD TIMES BACK!
Love
Pathetic, Taiko is the easiest game-mode to map and mod. Not to mention the hardest to play aside from mania, we will get nothing done. The old times we didn't have as many players, with the 2 diff rule, we actually made progress and got new players. This TWC actually had new players instead of the usual old players we've seen for the past 2 years. We need to get newer players like how we started with the new rule. But we have all of these lazy mappers that will not do anything for a map besides their own. That's not how we want our community to continue. I'd rather have it grow than just see a few old players come back and quit again after a while. Get off your asses and do something for our community. We have plenty of maps, just ask them for a m4m, if you don't have a map to mod, then mod it anyways.
Coro
I think so long as you're free to be replying to mods, then you're free to give mods, pretty simple thing to do~
So if you're not free to mod, then try not to ask for mods yourself.
That way you won't be wrongly mislabeled as lazy if you really are busy outside of osu.

And yeah I don't understand people complaining about the 2-diff rule, it's really not that hard to map easier diffs.
Just take your Oni and cut down notes, and change some around to better fit the diff, it doesn't take that long orz
OnosakiHito
For now I will talk about this with some higher guys, but I expect no change at all. Even so, I'm the opinion that we should work with the rule, not against it and quit.
But anyway, I got some plans for our modding community which will hopefully help us in the coming months. Right now the mapping guide is finished. Just waiting for its check from other people.
Yuzeyun
Although I am a bit against the 2-diff rule, I have to admit this is the only way to force mappers to make easier diffs. Before that, 99% of ranked hybrid mapsets (They were o+t only at that time, rarely +c) only had Oni diffs, disregarding how many diffs there were in them. Now we've seen a lot of non-Oni diffs, and surprisingly Futsuu+Oni spreads (Eggman Theme). I think this doesn't have to change at all.

About modding state, there's laziness and demotivation. Existing modders are somewhat getting bored of modding from time to time (getting a huge quantity of requests), and new modders are demotivated as they don't know how to mod taiko, and it seems like they do not even want to try... Sad.

The only way to remotivate modders is to offer a mod back, in the same way as m4m, from anyone -- Maybe not BATs as they are the last step. If a new modder steps in and has some problems with modding, show them directions on how to mod. Over time, they'll improve. If an existing modder mods a map and has pending maps, mod his map back (To the same amount of diffs, or a whole mapset if possible)
tetsutaro
^ Yeah not everyone is a perverted fetishist that is content with people playing your maps even not in BSS. M4M can really motivate the modder-mapper people out there.
But for one thing there are a lot of modders that requires a M4M, which then in turn demotivates requesters because that is more work than free requests.
There will have to be some kind of balance between M4M as a tip and M4M as a requirement.

BTW Just for everyone's information, now I don't voluntarily map Oni even on my own off-BSS maps.
Mithos
Got my internet back a few days ago, just realized that my taiko map got graveyarded. Time to pull some necromancy
OnosakiHito
So yeah, as I announced it before, I made a Taiko Mapping Guide which you can check out in the Taiko subforum: http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/152263

Suggestions for improvement are always welcome.
Next project: Taiko Beginner Training
MMzz

OnosakiHito wrote:

So yeah, as I announced it before, I made a Taiko Mapping Guide which you can check out in the Taiko subforum: http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/152263

A+
Coro

OnosakiHito wrote:

Very comprehensive~
A suggestion though, maybe include sample difficulty settings?
tetsutaro
About Ura Oni there are still some to fix:

Many wow bang! is a good example here because the spread is more obvious (7* Omote, 9* Ura)

Music Revolver's regular Oni is exactly the same as its VERY HARD level in Music GunGun 2, which is the result of the two franchises' collab (Saitama 2000 Muzukashii was directly ported to the VERY HARD level without a tweak in return). In fact it is only about mid-high Muzukashii level. Not a good example here for "filler for better spread" effect, but can be used to illustrate that collab charts are a thing.

Also Ura Oni is the home to many gimmick or shock charts in the authentic game. Prominent examples include Mori no Kuma-san, Sanpo, Yawaraka Sensha, Oshiri Yama wa Everest and Diamond Happy. Perhaps mention that it is a thing but strongly discourage actually doing it in osu?
Mithos
Wow Ono, that guide is really good. I have a really nice Oni for my taiko, but the lower difficulties suffered from just not knowing what to map. The examples and explanations were great help. I'm revising my map's easier difficulties now and I should be able to get it ranked soon! ^-^
Mimineko_old
I got a question about taiko mapping (for ranking)

from 1:41~

the scroll speed is keep on adding (eventhough the BPM is still the same)

I have a friend who tried to rank a map which have a similar pattern with scroll up speed

but many Taiko modder go against it
Dolphin
It's mostly because adding up scroll speed like that is very gimmicky and not fun. Also authentic maps are not rankable as they are not made by the user but copied.

When maps get too gimmicky its usually very annoying to play.
OnosakiHito
In my opinion this is not a gimmick because this is a normal mapping technique.
You are allowed to make an accelerating scroll-speed, but in most cases it should fit well to the song. Probably the Taiko modders were against it because, the scroll change didn't fit to the song.
Also, TNT maps are rankable. It is just not allowed to rank them when standing alone. As long as you made your own difficulties and add TNT maps you are allowed to get it ranked.
Yuzeyun

OnosakiHito wrote:

Also, TNT maps are rankable. It is just not allowed to rank them when standing alone. As long as you made your own difficulties and add TNT maps you are allowed to get it ranked.
which number must be equal or above the amount of authentic difficulties.

Dolphin wrote:

When maps get too gimmicky its usually very annoying to play.
No, this must be in a ded zoen, if they are getting too gimmicky some may be fun instead. :U
Dolphin

OnosakiHito wrote:

Thats totes what I meant :lol:
OnosakiHito
Today I received my third ranking page. 66 maps more to go to bypass lepidopodu's amount. orz
Also, finally I bypassed wmfchris!

Somehow I always liked to compare the amount of ranked maps with other mappers, so I thought about to make a actual list for it.
Hope you guys are okay with this. - Of course, this doesn't say anything about quality.

Taiko Mapper Ranking for ranked Maps(2013-10-19)

Note: Mapper with just a few maps are not listed.

1# -lepidopodus Displaying 1 to 40 of 146 results.
2# climbb65588 Displaying 1 to 40 of 110 results.
2# ------KanaRin Displaying 1 to 40 of 110 results.
↑↑+100 maps ============= under 100 maps ↓↓
3# --kanpakyin Displaying 1 to 40 of 93 results.
4# OnosakiHito Displaying 1 to 40 of 81 results.
4# ----spboxer3 Displaying 1 to 40 of 81 results.
5# ----wmfchris Displaying 1 to 40 of 79 results.
6# -Mapper_31 Displaying 1 to 40 of 65 results.
7# ---------MMzz Displaying 1 to 40 of 58 results.
8# OzzyOzrock Displaying 1 to 40 of 47 results.
9# ------Rokodo Displaying 1 to 40 of 42 results.
↑↑+2 pages =================== 1 page ↓↓
10# -----aabc271 Displaying 1 to 33 of 33 results.
--# ---------Sushi Displaying 1 to 33 of 33 results. (adding soon)
11# Verdisphena Displaying 1 to 31 of 31 results.
12# ------Backfire Displaying 1 to 29 of 29 results.
13# ------HeatKai Displaying 1 to 27 of 27 results.
14# -----ReySHeL Displaying 1 to 23 of 23 results.
14# --mintong89 Displaying 1 to 23 of 23 results.
14# ----qoot8123 Displaying 1 to 23 of 23 results.
15# -----Firce777 Displaying 1 to 22 of 22 results.
16# -----------KDS Displaying 1 to 21 of 21 results.
16# TW-KUMA01Displaying 1 to 21 of 21 results.
17# ------_Gezo_ Displaying 1 to 17 of 17 results.
18# --------hs714 Displaying 1 to 16 of 16 results.
18# -------Loctav Displaying 1 to 16 of 16 results.

Taiko Mapper Ranking for total Maps(2013-10-23)

Note: Mapper with just a few maps are not listed.

1# OnosakiHito Displaying 1 to 40 of 213 results. (+3#)
2# lepidopodus Displaying 1 to 40 of 201 results. (-1#)
↑↑+200 maps ============= under 200 maps ↓↓
3# climbb65588 Displaying 1 to 40 of 150 results. (-1#)
4# ------KanaRin Displaying 1 to 40 of 129 results. (-2#)
5# --kanpakyin Displaying 1 to 40 of 114 results. (-2#)
6# -Mapper_31 Displaying 1 to 40 of 113 results. (--#)
7# ----wmfchris Displaying 1 to 40 of 111 results. (-2#)
8# ----spboxer3 Displaying 1 to 40 of 106 results. (-4#)
8# ---------MMzz Displaying 1 to 40 of 106 results. (-2#)
↑↑+100 maps ============= under 100 maps ↓↓
9# -----Firce777 Displaying 1 to 40 of 85 results. (+6#)
10# OzzyOzrock Displaying 1 to 40 of 84 results. (-2#)
11# ----Backfire Displaying 1 to 40 of 75 results. (+1#)
12# ---qoot8123 Displaying 1 to 40 of 68 results. (--#)
13# ----ReySHeL Displaying 1 to 40 of 65 results. (+1#)
14# -----Rokodo Displaying 1 to 40 of 60 results. (-5#)
14# Verdisphena Displaying 1 to 40 of 60 results. (-4#)
15# -----aabc271 Displaying 1 to 40 of 51 results. (-4#)
16# --mintong89 Displaying 1 to 40 of 51 results. (-2#)
17# ------HeatKai Displaying 1 to 40 of 47 results. (-4#)
18# ------_Gezo_ Displaying 1 to 40 of 42 results. (-1#)
--# ---------Sushi Displaying 1 to 33 of 42 results. (adding soon)
19# --------hs714 Displaying 1 to 40 of 41 results. (-1#)
↑↑+2 pages =================== 1 page ↓↓
20# -----------KDS Displaying 1 to 40 of 40 results. (-4#)
21# TW-KUMA01Displaying 1 to 36 of 36 results. (-5#)
22# -------Loctav Displaying 1 to 26 of 26 results. (-4#)

Planing to request such a ranking for the specific game modes. Might help osu mappers to find Taiko mappers for their project.
For now, I think I will update this list every 1~2 months.
Yuzeyun
Ono.

https://osu.ppy.sh/s/28687

This map shows up when you search for me, with Taiko as mode.
I didn't make the Taiko.
Take out 1 from my amount, thanks.
lolcubes
This is only ranked, right?

How about making a total list?
Ranking taiko maps is kinda hard. ;_;
OnosakiHito
Added total list. Dunno about you lolcubes. You have to show me your list since you have many Taiko GD's.
Seikunai
I'm new at Taiko. (Started a week ago or two)

But I'm just going to start mapping.

Currently mapping Samurai Flamenco's opening. Just One Life- SPYAIR. (Still at Kantan.)

Since I'm new can anyone care to tell me what those 1/1, 1/8 etc. are? Or explain it? Thanks. :)
lolcubes
So, can anyone teach me how to map 11* and above? Because whichever song I take I just can't map it hard haha.

Well I'm happy as long as it fits the song and people like it, but still, lol.
GoldenWolf

lolcubes wrote:

So, can anyone teach me how to map 11* and above? Because whichever song I take I just can't map it hard haha.
Must map some Fleshgod Apocalypse.
OnosakiHito
Well, it depends of your experience. The higher the BPM is, the more the common mapping changes, which you have to companse with your own experience. Most known case: The 1/4 notes in high BPM maps become hard up to not playable anymore, which would be one of those moments where you have to choose if you go for it or not. That's one of the common problems new "hard-mappers" have - finding hardly some structure in their maps due to less experience.

If you should have questions, you may contact me of course.
Yuzeyun
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/331044&m=1

That's the third time at least I get perfect icons. That one on first try, though.
God of Taiko

lolcubes wrote:

Well I'm happy as long as it fits the song and people like it, but still, lol.
http://hi.baidu.com/onono_imoko/item/9d ... e01281da2c

Look at his hentai maps
tetsutaro
Mkay kinda deserted, this thread eh?

Today I am asking for confirmation that the Go-go Time scheme of the authentic Yi-er Fan Club and Maji LOVE 2000% is not suitable as reference.
As a common law style mapper and modder, I would usually put authentics to a high level of reference, but these two are really quite unacceptable with abusive Go-go Time on the fireworks.

Coro

tetsutaro wrote:

Mkay kinda deserted, this thread eh?

Today I am asking for confirmation that the Go-go Time scheme of the authentic Yi-er Fan Club and Maji LOVE 2000% is not suitable as reference.
As a common law style mapper and modder, I would usually put authentics to a high level of reference, but these two are really quite unacceptable with abusive Go-go Time on the fireworks.

The reason we don't use kiai as a design element is that it puts strain on the client, so yeah.
OnosakiHito

"Maps to upload (71)"

Okay, I was really lazy with uploading my maps. lol