forum

5p Jester Mafia (Jester/Mafia win)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Sakura
@Lincolm: i lied about me thinking you were scum, as I said, i was trying to look scummy to get lynched, since i thought that was the most optimal jester strategy, but since in this game, the game doesnt end with jester dead, i realized i dont really have a reason to not hide my role, and town doesnt have a reason to not lynch me D1, in fact, they'd rather lynch me D1 because scum could plot with the Jester on D2 LyLo to win.
NoHitter
I think future games should end if the Jester be lynched.
At the moment, the game is an insta-win for the Jester.
Lincolm
Welp, I just gonna try it again. Pieguy isn't online anyway. Everyone still can post.

Vote : Sakura
Topic Starter
pieguyn
Sakura (3) - Sakura, NoHItter, Lincolm
NoHItter (1) - BRBP

so it seems the person behind all these weird pranks turned herself in? Looks like we have no choice if we want to find the mafia. This setup is complete bulls-
*loud voice comes over speakers*
well hey, now I know better for next time. As for this time you can still win so get to work :P

Sakura - Jester - lynched D1
Sakura wins!

It is N1, mafia has till 8/4 8:00 GMT to send kill, I can end night earlier if they prefer
NoHitter
*bump*
Topic Starter
pieguyn
sorry, my fault, fell asleep early

Everyone woke up only to find...no one died?
It is D2. With 4 alive, it takes 3 to lynch. Deadline is 8/7/2013 8:00 GMT, 67:46 from now
NoHitter
Vote: No Lynch
VoidnOwO
:)
Lincolm
No Lynch is still good idea as this prevent scum to act "no kill", though I'm p sure 100% NoHitter is town for this.

This is still hard...
Lincolm
Hey, NoHitter, do you want to still in MyLo with 1 confirmed town or LyLo without confirmed town?

You choose.
LadySuburu

BRBP wrote:

Vote: LadySuburu

Last online 28 hours ago, lol.
I like how people ended the day inbetween the time I went to bed, and the time I got home from work.

Also, I'm going with Nolynch as well once we're done with discussion today.

You've posted just as little as I was able to, you know.
Lincolm
@LS : Why prefer NoLynch?
LadySuburu

Lincolm wrote:

@LS : Why prefer NoLynch?
It lowers the number of people who could potentially be scum to 3 from 4.

NoHItter's smart enough to pull all of this off in order to be seen as a pretty much confirmed townie, I know from playing with him. I'd rather he state what he thinks today, so we can act on it tomorrow assuming he dies. If he doesn't, then assuming I'm alive I only have to choose between him and one other person, as opposed to two.

It works the same for all cases. It's better to have two other people to look at than three.
Lincolm
So, if I do something now that can confirm one of the townie, what do you think of it?

A little bit risky or not?
LadySuburu

Lincolm wrote:

So, if I do something now that can confirm one of the townie, what do you think of it?

A little bit risky or not?
I don't see how it's possible to literally confirm someone in this setup.
Lincolm
Not the setup.

MyLo / LyLo condition.

Yet, I never done it before in my life.
Lincolm
I will wait NH's answer for that first.
NoHitter
I think I have a rough idea of what you're planning to do.
Go ahead.
VoidnOwO
Lincolm
That's already failure.

Whatever.. I still sure NH is town.

@LS and BRBP : Which part you don't understand how to confirm one of town in MyLo / LyLo condition? At N1, which scenario is more possible for you, scum did no kill or scum was inactive?

=
VoidnOwO
VoidnOwO

BRBP wrote:

But I don't understand how you can confirm anyone in this setup.
Nevermind
NoHitter
Consider the hypothetical situation:
BRBP, you vote LS.
Lincolm votes LS.
If I don't vote LS, then I'm "confirmed".

If I were scum then why would I refuse hammering someone when it's a win for me?

That's probably what Lincolm was thinking.
Lincolm
Yes, it is. I'm sure NH is town, even though I'm going to LyLo (if mafia kills someone tomorrow, I bet he do), it doesn't make any difference for me. Somehow, since yesterday, I think the pool of scum kill is between me or NH.

The night action make me sure 100% that the scum is between BRBP and LS. If NH is scum, he could kill me and go to LyLo. Though NoKill action is possible, but it doesn't make sense after what happen in day 1.

BRBP wrote:

Vote: LadySuburu

Last online 28 hours ago, lol.
On what basis made you do this actually?
VoidnOwO
VoidnOwO
Lincolm

BRBP wrote:

oh...

I guess we shouldn't do it anymore? Why would we take a risk that you actually are scum and end the game by voting LS, when the scum could just shoot you the night after you're confirmed? I guess it would help if we no lynch and scum refused to do any kills N2 and forward.
I completely forget this. Welp...

=

BRBP wrote:

I was stupid. I thought the night was 24 hours (when it was actually something like 30+) and assumed there was no kill because LS was inactive that time. I didn't realize that it's beneficial to scum to do a no kill before LS said so.
How do you know he was inactive in 28 hours?
VoidnOwO
LadySuburu
I figured out what Lincolm meant as I was heading to sleep. It's not really a strategy that's that much worth it, as it already happens automatically when we're forced to make a decision in lylo, and as has already been stated the confirmed will just get NK'd anywway, and we'll have to do it all over again.

The only benefit to doing it in Mylo is that we can hear thoughts from a confirmed, and use those thoughts in making our decision, but it's still fairly risky, and even if we didn't use that we would know by the start of the next day.

@BRBP Some hosts actually allow pre-night kill PMs for scum, myself included on most of the games I host.
Lincolm
1. Personally, like I said before, I think the kill pool is between me and NH. Even though I survive tomorrow, I still believe it is between you and BRBP. It doesn't matter for me if we want to lynch today or tomorrow.
2. If scum performed NoKill, there is a chance tomorrow will be NoKill also. What is the guarantee scum will kill tomorrow? Like I said before, if scum performed NoKill, NoLynch today only to prevent scum from NoKill action today, but there is no guarantee he will kill. Still, IMO LyLo is better for scum rather than town.

At least, this was what I thought.

=

@LS and BRBP : Read please. I mean, what do you think about other people.
LadySuburu

Lincolm wrote:

If scum performed NoKill, there is a chance tomorrow will be NoKill also. What is the guarantee scum will kill tomorrow? Like I said before, if scum performed NoKill, NoLynch today only to prevent scum from NoKill action today, but there is no guarantee he will kill.
Have you heard of http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=...and_they_all_lived_happily_ever_after?

Lincolm wrote:

It doesn't matter for me if we want to lynch today or tomorrow.

Lincolm wrote:

Still, IMO LyLo is better for scum rather than town.

At least, this was what I thought.
These two together bug me a bit. If you think LyLo is better for scum than town, why doesn't it matter to you if we lynch today or tomorrow?

Lincolm wrote:

@LS and BRBP : Read please. I mean, what do you think about other people.
NoHItter: I think he's town, but he's smart enough to pull off what he's doing if he were scum. (As I stated before.) He's not confirmed, but if he's scum I doubt we will win. The NoHItter scum possibility is mainly why I want to go to LyLo.

BRBP: Hasn't posted much, as with me. Leaning scum at the moment, due to pretty much minor factors.

Lincolm: See above and below comments directed to you.

@Lincolm: Why do you prefer Mylo to LyLo (and think it's better for scum in Lylo than town?)
Lincolm

LadySuburu wrote:

Have you heard of http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=...and_they_all_lived_happily_ever_after?
Never heard (or read that) before. Read that, kinda stupid, but seems my theory about MyLo's better is right. :lol:

Kinda weird...

LadySuburu wrote:

These two together bug me a bit. If you think LyLo is better for scum than town, why doesn't it matter to you if we lynch today or tomorrow?
I already said it twice, I'm sure NH is 100% town.

LadySuburu wrote:

@Lincolm: Why do you prefer Mylo to LyLo (and think it's better for scum in Lylo than town?)
MyLo have 3 towns. The chance of scum quickhammer is greatly decreased rather than LyLo. In the MyLo, the discussion generates more rather than LyLo. As I see, LyLo usually ended fast rather than MyLo (I have seen twice MyLo condition, but not in the game, once in the MyLo (in this web, as my second game mafia)).

I don't get it with "see comment below". Do you need my answer first?
Lincolm
Did in this forum ever happen Happily Ever After?
VoidnOwO
Lincolm

BRBP wrote:

My 'choice' would probably be Lincolm. It's possible you were willing to risk bringing LS to L-1 because you're scum and already know NH is town and knew he wouldn't hammer. When I pointed out that it's not really helpful to risk it like that when the scum could just kill him the night after, you said you forgot. Nothing too scummy, but it's the best lead I have at the moment.
That's very stupid read. Why I prefer confirm NH as town today WHEN I could kill him at night?
Lincolm
And this is really stupid for NoLynch.

I prefer lynch now.
VoidnOwO
NoHitter
FTR, I think Lincolm is town for his actions yesterday, wanting to lynch the Jester instead of going for a coop win.
NoHitter
BRBP: Probably because for him, scum is either you and LS, and most likely since I'm going to die tonight, NL-ing wouldn't make a difference for his scum suspects.
Lincolm
Now is very stupid. Everyone said NH is town, why we are going to LyLo?

I don't even know why "Oh let's NL" when everyone agree there is one town is towniest.

If you suggest "Let's Happily Ever After", do you guarantee scum want to do it?
show more