forum

osu! World Cup #3 (Concluded - Korea wins)

posted
Total Posts
show more
fabriciorby

Gaba wrote:

nnn fab, sou ruim ;w;
So we have a change here, instead of Gaba, could you put Velusk for back-up? http://osu.ppy.sh/u/741565
thanks
cr1mmy
Waiting for USA and France teams /o/
Emaal

Mantis wrote:

Team Iceland (GMT+0)

Captain: Mantis
#2: -
#3: -
#4: -
#5: -
#6: -
come join denmark heuuhehue

Denmark (GMT +1)
Captain: Emaal
#2: ThePal
#3: Heibel
#4: TraxieChan
#5:
#6:
higurush
all other pros from my country are retired :S
GladiOol
Just posting that we need 8 players. I really can't see the problem with us having more. Just add it in already.
Emaal

GladiOol wrote:

Just posting that we need 8 players. I really can't see the problem with us having more. Just add it in already.
Do you even need 6? I mean, is 4 not enough, then it's optional to take 6?
GladiOol

Emaal wrote:

GladiOol wrote:

Do you even need 6? I mean, is 4 not enough, then it's optional to take 6?
Don't click the spoilerbox if you're easily scared/startled!

SPOILER
SHOCKING!!!! we have lives !!!SHOCKING

Not everybody is available every week. Last owc we played the first 3 group rounds with 3 people because we never had enough to play.
Surprisingly we still won all 3.
XPJ38

Loctav wrote:

» Participants (3/32)

China: Sunny Mario, [...]
SunnyMario != Sunny Mario :lol:
fabriciorby

XPJ38 wrote:

Loctav wrote:

» Participants (3/32)

China: Sunny Mario, [...]
SunnyMario != Sunny Mario :lol:
hahahaha
WVS
We are ready to die

Team scrubl0rdz Indonesia (GMT +7)

Captain: WVS
#2 Gatyaa
#3 Niva
#4 TBA
#5 TBA
#6 TBA

I'll post a new list after the players i ask to join confirm the recruitments.
K47
Team Hong Kong
Time Zone: GMT+8

Captain: K47
#2:henry04213
#3:AmamiyaYuko
#4:GaryRock123
#5:hoho93411
#6:Hinex
#7:lynnceI
#8:Black Box

Participants/Positions may be added/change over time.
Ulysses

K47 wrote:

Team Hong Kong

#3:Hinex
#4:AmamiyaYuko
#5:GaryRock123
#6:hoho93411

Participants/Positions may change over time.
where's pokie?sliviz?tonyzone?light?LEO?miu?WHERE ARE THEY?
Andy Chen_old
YES CHINA IS PARTICIPATING GO CHINA
K47

nold_1702 wrote:

K47 wrote:

Team Hong Kong

#3:Hinex
#4:AmamiyaYuko
#5:GaryRock123
#6:hoho93411

Participants/Positions may change over time.
where's pokie?sliviz?tonyzone?light?LEO?miu?WHERE ARE THEY?
I just registry early with provisional name list. (霸位
lolcubes

Mantis wrote:

Team Iceland (GMT+0)

Know that feel man.
;_;
Glazbom
I AM A RETARD XDDD
Vish024

Mantis wrote:

Team Iceland (GMT+0)

You're doing better than us.

lolcubes wrote:

Know that feel man.
;_;
You could put together a Yugoslav team. If...you're not too fussed about working with Serbs.
lolcubes

LaVolpe024 wrote:

You could put together a Yugoslav team. If...you're not too fussed about working with Serbs.
I don't mind, however then again I don't really have time either ;_;. Was just a bit sad that to my knowledge there aren't any active people in my country haha.
Though I am not sure even if we combine our countries that we could make a proper team which is available at all times either. :\
thelewa
Team Finland (UTC+2)

Captain: thelewa
#2: Regnall
#3: Valentiino
#4: Lunati
#5: F m L
#6: ethox

the fourth player is probably going to be Lunati. Both Lunati and Regnall are going to have military service beginning in January.
Cyclohexane
^What about morovaa? Isn't he active or something? IIRC he had a respectable rank
fartownik
briefly

Team Poland (GMT+1)

Captain: fartownik
#2: Niko-
#3: WubWoofWolf
#4: wiciu
#5: rEdo
#6: Piotrekol--
#7: SteRRuM
#8: Mystique-

Will add more/change soon.
LoGo
Team Latvia
Time zone: GMT+2

Captain: LoGo
#2: Forseen
#3: Vmx
#4: nomen
thelewa

Mr Color wrote:

^What about morovaa? Isn't he active or something? IIRC he had a respectable rank
no
Emaal
Denmark (GMT +1)
Captain: Emaal
#2: ThePal
#3: Heibel
#4: TraxieChan
#5:
#6:
Denmarks final team.
Mantis

Emaal wrote:

come join denmark heuuhehue
I'm not a very good player. ;___;
kriers
Norway team:

Captain: kriers
Player 2: CXu
Player 3: -GN
Player 4:

Substitute 1:
Substitute 2:

Gonna update, but just to reserve a spot.
shycjd

fartownik wrote:

briefly

Team Poland (GMT+1)

#3: White Wolf
#5:
#6:

wow~ A great team!
I remember niko sold his tablet, does he need a new tablet, or just play with mouse?
fartownik

shycjd wrote:

fartownik wrote:

briefly

Team Poland (GMT+1)

#3: White Wolf
#5:
#6:

wow~ A great team!
I remember niko sold his tablet, does he need a new tablet, or just play with mouse?
We don't know yet.
Also added rEdo to the team.
thelewa
The Finnish team has 5 members now, add it to the OP please :)
Wishy
Team Argentina (GMT -3)

MANAGER: Wishy22 XD
Captain: Metro.
#1: Darksonic.
#2: Fabi.
#3: Glazbom.
#4: IFREANN belial. (This guy is actually Salvage, but he is a little bitch and wants to play with another account so he won't get any A on his record)
#5: Hernan
#592: Slot reserved.

Cheerleaders:

Posse, MartoGG, Possezy, etc.

P.S: Cause of several reasons, everyone in the team being too lazy/don't caring that much/being busy, I'm gonna help them out scheduling their matches and stuff, talked with Metro already who's gonna be the captain and he said that's fine.
Metro
I'll be able to play when the competition starts so yeah.

Btw I'd like to support Gladi's petition.

Last year some teams just smurfed because they couldn't have 4 people of their list present. Why not learn from past mistakes and just make it 8? ;).
Wishy
I agree with Metro, any team who can't get 4 of their 6 official players@match time will be able to share their accounts to their friends so they can play, there is no way you can prove they're smurfing so yeah, more slots plx. If it's about peppy not wanting to give out prizes to like 8 players, then make it so you can get 2 extra reserve players that gonna play for the lulz w/o getting any price, it's either that or teams sharing accounts.
Topic Starter
Loctav
As larger the teams get as smaller the prizing will be. Decision is final now, we'll stick on 6 - else the prizes will reduce to an amount that it is not even worth participating.
Will announce prizes tomorrow after receiving appropriate user badge suggestions (if you have one, feel free to hand in via PM!)
Wishy
Well I doubt most teams actually give a fuck about prizes, strong teams are always the same ones and I don't think they actually want to win just to get free supporter. I don't get why peppy is going like that about prizes since all we're talking about are supporter tags.

People's gonna smurf if they can't get 4 active players at the time of the match, and there is NO WAY to prove they're doing that, best thing you can do to avoid them doing that is to make it so they don't need to do it. Make it so you can get:

4 main players, 2 reserve, 2 extra reserve that won't get any prize even if they win. Then everyone's happy.
Metro
Do you think anyone here will play for the prizes??? No one cared about the prizes in past editions nor they will care now. I care more about all teams being comfortable and not smurfing players.
SapphireGhost

Derekku wrote:

I'll captain the USA team. Just putting that out there. :v

No offense to past captains but we need to get our shit together. :p

USA: Derekku, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?

EDIT: Will probably use the USA tournament as a reference for finding players. ; )
(9 pages later) I'll play this time.
Topic Starter
Loctav
Well, I am aware of that. Yet most here are actually participating for the user badge and the supporter tag.

If I could efford some physical prize, I'd actually allow it. But I actually can't afford it. So I have to stick on the prizes we can give away. And they need to be worth it.

I'll take Wishys suggestion under consideration. Condition might be, that only the main players will get the badge+tag since the backups are only backups for worst case.
Need to discuss this with fartownik in detail, since there needs to be a difference between the 6 main players and how they substitute and the 2 backups.
Wishy
Who's playing for supporter tags? o_o (Don't go mentioning random teams that have near to no chances of winning)

User badge costs nothing and it's for recognition, so I don't see any problem if 8 players get it (instead of 6).
Metro

Loctav wrote:

Well, I am aware of that. Yet most here are actually participating for the user badge and the supporter tag.

If I could efford some physical prize, I'd actually allow it. But I actually can't afford it. So I have to stick on the prizes we can give away. And they need to be worth it.
???

Everyone participating here know they will go down to KR/JP/PL/TW/NL etc. Almost no one expects to get a badge. Seriously, come on.
Topic Starter
Loctav
Edited my post. You are replying too quickly ;_;
show more