osu!Post - Live osu! status for your signatures

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
givenameplz

Greetings osu! community!

A little about

(Feel free to skip if you don't care~)
As in my other post about osu!Rank I'll just say a few words in the beginning here.
I started this project to relax a little and try something new in a programming language I haven't used that much before, Delphi.
(I usually tend to use C# or C++.)
Thanks to Primula's application osu!np, I've had a nice idea for a "new" project I can have some fun with.
As said, at first I only wanted to get a break of programming for Android, as taking breaks is essential sometimes, at least I think it is~

As I worked on it, more and more ideas kept coming and I started to write a little neat backend as well, an upload host for live status signatures, that works hand in hand with osu!Post.
After beta testing it with some friends, I thought it might could be usefull, so I created this post, this is basically it.

I plan to also accept osu!np data at some point, as I got the basic idea for everything from him. So if you want to post your status and do many other awesome things, you should totally try his application.
osu!Post basically works the same the only difference is that it's focused on sending "post requests" to php scripts.

To get back on track, I am not sure if people need this, nevertheless, feel free to test it and play with it!
We'll see what will happen.

Main features

1. Live osu! status in your signature (Or any other image you like.)
  2. Several selectable templates
  3. Custom signature upload (With output customization options.)
  4. Authenticated registration (No one can steal your name, basically.)
  5. Auto updating (Checks for new osu!Post versions.)
  6. "Webinterface" (Nothing fancy really, I like it simple.)
  7. Adding customization features on demand (Want something? Go ahead and drop me a message.)
  8. Using MSN Live status integration.
  9. And more to come!

How to get it running?

1. Get osu!Post or osu!StreamCompanion
    Why? - You'll need this to track your osu! status and send it to the website.

2. Enter your user name and press "Search" on the website
    Why? - Because the website will look for an osu! user with the name entered.

3. Follow the instruction to change your "Location" in your osu!Controlpanel
    Why? - This is done so I can be sure that you are no one else, hope it's not a bother.

4. After changing it and pressing "Check" you can get your key
    Why? - You'll need it to send data to the website or to log in here, you can also change the key there.

5. Copy the key into osu!Post
    Why? - Well, to get it started and that's basically it, you are good to go now.

6. If you play osu! in fullscreen, you will need to enable the MSN Live status integration, like this:

(osu!Post will still work without doing this in Borderless window mode!)
    Why? - This is due to this change: [peppy] Don't set window title when running osu! fullscreen.

7. Still problems? Update .net Framework!
    Why? - Microsoft says so and its always a good thing to have it up-to-date.

Screenshots

Templates to choose from!

Full customization!
(Also accepting transparent images and all sizes, as long as they are PNG everything is fine!)

The little application running in the background!

Download & Links

Application: osu!Post (Build 20140618) or osu!StreamCompanion

Please keep in mind that the creators of osu! have nothing to do with this.
They can not be hold responsible for flaws or damage to the system.

Special thanks to

Primula (osu!np)
Oinari-sama (Early Beta testing)
Zakkyliar (Early Beta testing & Finishing up the forum thread)
Drebonda (luser)
skyleo (Coding)
XPJ38 (osu!sig)
Piotrekol (osu!StreamCompanion)
Ishkiz (Testing)
SlasherZX ("Pro-Beta-Tester")

Documentation *on Hold*

Application (Outdated since b20140110)
Common:
Multiple instances:
You can't launch osu!Post more than once at a time, you'll get a message if you try to do so.
osu!Post will be in your tray, right clicking it will open a context menu with several options, as launching the game.

Error handling:
If osu!Post isn't able to send the data, for example on a disconnect, it will retry every 30 seconds.

Game path:
osu!Post is reading the game path out of the registry.

osu!Testbuild:
Is also supported.

Mapdata:
For now, osu!Post is using the data stored in osu!.db, as already known, this is not in peppy's favor. (Sorry about that.)
osu!Post is careful when reading from the .db file and is not setting any locks at all, so it won't fight with osu!.
osu!Post will frequently check the osu!.db file for changes and reload it only if neccesary, if it fails to read however, osu!Post will retry to do so.
If there is no file present or the data cannot be parsed, as for format changes, osu!Post will cancel the reading.

Config:
The configuration of the application is saved when gracefully closing it or every 45 minutes.
(Might be changed later on.)

Post data:
The data will be sent whenever your status changes.
There won't be any data sent if osu! is not running on startup.
The status "Offline" will only be sent when your last sent status is "Online".
osu!Post will refresh the data every 30 minutes, if there is no status change to prevent the serverside "timeout". (1 hour)
This won't happen when you are already "Offline" as in osu! is closed but osu!Post is still running.
The post request osu!Post is sending contains:
isOnline => Boolean: "true" or "false"
mapName => String: "Artist - Mapname [Diff]" or "NoMap"
mapID => Integer: ID of the map, on unknown/error: -1
mapSetID => Integer: ID of the mapset, on unknown/error: -1

Input fields:
Key:
Your generated key goes here, more about the key itself is further down in the website documentation.
The key can be "hidden" with the Hide Key checkbox mentioned further down.
The key is sent as an additional identifier.
(Can't be changed while Enable post is checked.)

User ID:
This field contains your osu! user ID.
If you want to use to osu!Post signature service, just put your ID here.
All the data sent there will be sent via "post request", the only exception is your ID, which will be sent via "get".
(Custom link will toggle between this and URL.)

URL:
Used if you don't want to use the osu!Post server!
This field contains the address where the data should be sent to.
All the data sent there will be sent via "post request".
(Custom link will toggle between this and User ID.)

Preview URL:
This input is hidden by default, it can be made visible by checking Show preview output.
You can optionally enter your custom signature link here to see if it's working correctly when sending data.
(Custom link will toggle this.)

Checkboxes:
Enable post:
This will check if osu! is running and send data everytime the status changes.
Where the data is sent, is depending on the status of Custom link, more about it below.
As of b20131213 osu!Post will not automatically send "Status offline" anymore, as the backend server now has a "timeout". (1 hour)
The "Status offline" will only be sent when you uncheck it and the status was "Online" before.

Custom link:
Used if you don't want to use the osu!Post server!
This allows you to enter your own, custom, address.
You can use this if you got a server and script on your own, for example.

Hide Key:
Checking this will hide your key, making it unreadable, you can check and uncheck this at any time.
This is only a visual security option.

Show preview output:
This will show a preview of your signature inside the application, if "Custom Link" is activated, you'll have enter the link manually.
The image will be updated everytime a status is sent and Show preview ouput is checked.

Show log output:
Checking this will show the log where everything that has been sent or done by the application can be seen.

(Always start osu! automatically):
Checking this will launch the game when starting osu!Post.
osu!Post basically becomes a launcher and runs in the background.
This option is recommended to be used while having Enable post checked.
It's used for easier handling without having to care about other applications than osu! itself.

Buttons:
Start osu!:
If osu! is not running, this button will start the game.

Refresh:
This button will refresh the Preview image.

NicoNicoNiii
First! :D

I'm always happy to see your cool ideas!
Lolzy
Nice stuff i'm going to use it as soon as i'm at pc
Oinari-sama
Some feedbacks:
Index Page
  1. More info for the "existing user" error, eg display this line below the Error message: "Not xxxxx? Enter your osu ID in the box below to register your own account!"
  2. Label the URL (eg osu!Post User URL: xxxx) and Link (eg Signature Link: xxxx) when search finds an existing user (in addition to the above)

Config Page
  1. Display this above the signature templates: "Click on the template image below and hit the Change signature button to set signature". Some people have habit of looking for buttons. You might also wanna consider changing the highlight colour to something more noticeable for that reason.
  2. Rephrase the text under the custom signature configure button: (Upload an image and customize your signature. This does not overwrite the templates agove)
  3. Show recommended image dimension for the Custom Signature Configure page
  4. To avoid confusion (somebody may think that he/she needs to input the key everytime to change signature template), display additional texts above the key change boxes:
    Change Broadcasting Keys
    You can change your broadcasting keys to something easier to remember"

osu!Post Client

Consider renaming some of the terms to improve clarity:
  1. Rename URL to something like "Server Link" or "Source URL"
  2. Rename "Enable post" to "Turn on Broadcast"
  3. Rename "Always start osu! automatically" to "Auto start osu with osu!Post"
Bug(?): The "Show preview output" still doesn't work for me by default:
Is there a way to auto load the output URL into the "Preview URL" field?
Ilye_old
I have a problem, my signature shows offline all the time
It looks like this

I tried restarting osu and osu!post, running osu after running osu!post and osu!post after osu, changing skin

Sig:

Log:
[Info]
Build: 20131108
Maps: 4874
Mapsets: 1318
Registry: E:\Program Files (x86)\osu!\osu!.exe
Database: E:\Program Files (x86)\osu!\osu!.db
Config: C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\givenameplz\osu!PostConfig.ini

[Post]
isOnline: False
mapName: NoMap
mapID: -1
mapSetID: -1
mapIndex: -1

[Post]
isOnline: True
mapName: NoMap
mapID: -1
mapSetID: -1
mapIndex: -1

[Post]
isOnline: True
mapName: TOTAL OBJECTION - Higurashi Moratorium [Rin]
mapID: 230127
mapSetID: 83310
mapIndex: 4234

@edit
It's solved already i put signature link instead of input

I think this would be less confusing after labeling links as source and output
Topic Starter
givenameplz

[-Aoi-] wrote:

I have a problem, my signature shows offline all the time
It looks like this

I tried restarting osu and osu!post, running osu after running osu!post and osu!post after osu, changing skin
[...]
Hello, your URL is wrong, it's supposed to be http://givenameplz.de/osu!Post/input.php?u=2426596.
Input is the place you send your data to, signature itself is only for showing your signature.

[-Aoi-] wrote:

[...]
@edit
It's solved already i put signature link instead of input

I think this would be less confusing after labeling links as source and output
Edit: I see you fixed it, yes.. thats why I did this open beta.
I will most likely change osu!Post to only ask for the User name / User ID and the key, that should make everything easier
(And will still keep an option fo those that only want to use osu!Post for their own server.)

Please keep in mind that osu!Post is not auto updating yet, this will be made available in the next version, so keep an eye on this post from time to time.
Oinari-sama
Time for Good-to-Haves. It maybe a little early to consider these ideas since fixes always come first, but it doesn't hurt to mention them before I forget:

Signature Gallery
Are you considering having a Signature Gallery? A separate page where a visitor can browse and view signatures from all registered users, presented similar to p/friends.

Waifu System
Two registered users can add each other to have their avatar displayed as "Waifu" or "Married to" in the signature.
Topic Starter
givenameplz

Oinari-sama wrote:

Time for Good-to-Haves. It maybe a little early to consider these ideas since fixes always come first, but it doesn't hurt to mention them before I forget:

Signature Gallery
Are you considering having a Signature Gallery? A separate page where a visitor can browse and view signatures from all registered users, presented similar to p/friends.

Waifu System
Two registered users can add each other to have their avatar displayed as "Waifu" or "Married to" in the signature.
Sure always go for it, the Gallery is planned at some point.. about the Waifu System, huh.. haven't thought of anything like this, but will write it down for now..
P.S.: I saw your other post, will improve most of the sections as stated.
- Marco -

maybe it's because i'm using osu!test...

btw i waited untill the middle of the song...
Topic Starter
givenameplz

marcostudios wrote:

maybe it's because i'm using osu!test...

btw i waited untill the middle of the song...
Hoho! I forgot to implement osu!test, will do so in an upcoming version.
Avail_old_1

;3
Topic Starter
givenameplz
osu!Post performance update, it should also work with the testbuild now.
Avail_old_1
You should change the updater language. It's german right now
Edit: New build asks me what I want to do with the signature.php (it wants to save it as an image)
Also,
Kyujuroku 96

Avail wrote:

Edit: New build asks me what I want to do with the signature.php (it wants to save it as an image)
Also,
He is not going to translate it anytime soon ;)
Me168
I'm having an issue getting the osu!Post program to go through Norton 360 Anti-Virus. Is there anything I can do to fix this and/or just avoid Downloading osu!Post all together?
fsxd_old
Pretty damn cool system you got, loving it already! Would love to see font options in the future.

One thing to fix is this gives me extreme fps lag when I use it, so i will abstain for now.
Topic Starter
givenameplz
Alrighty, will look into all of it after work.
(This is why its called Beta~)

Avail wrote:

Also,
Interesting, will be fixed, about the German.. thats really really odd, could you screen it to me, because I haven't actually used any German at all.

Me168 wrote:

I'm having an issue getting the osu!Post program to go through Norton 360 Anti-Virus. Is there anything I can do to fix this and/or just avoid Downloading osu!Post all together?
Will also look into that.

fsxd wrote:

Pretty damn cool system you got, loving it already! Would love to see font options in the future.

One thing to fix is this gives me extreme fps lag when I use it, so i will abstain for now.
More font options like adjusting the glow and such will be coming soon, about the fps lags, thats rather interesting, please pm me with closer information about when it happens, for example, only if post is enabled or all the time and so on. (Also some PC specs if possible)

@All: Thanks for reporting.
fsxd_old
Seems i've fixed the lag by updating my graphics driver and net framework, working fine now!~
Topic Starter
givenameplz

fsxd wrote:

Seems i've fixed the lag by updating my graphics driver and net framework, working fine now!~
The usual suspects~
Oinari-sama
I got this message when I lost internet connection tonight. lol it needs to be translated but I can probably guess what it says anyway:

show more