forum

Hyperdash fruits don't always spawn correctly in CTB [confirmed]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
eldnl
Some fruits are uncatchable in Catch the Beat due to how hyperdashes are spawned. Here is a map with three scenarios where hyperfruit fail to spawn:

*3-Note Jump
*Spaced Stream (same broken mechanic as 3-Note Jump, but in a more extreme scenario)
*Fast Slider

How it works

Deif wrote:

The correct way to play them is positioning the ryuuta at the edge of the 1st fruit and making a sharp movement to get the other 2.

|____________3|
|______2______|
|1____________|
|.\o/...............|

|____________3|
|______2______|
|........\o/........|

|____________3| => CATCHED!
|...............\o/.|

In some cases, it's possible to do it (depends on the BPM, and the distance of the notes in the screen). But when the distance between them is quite close to the HDash, the result of the movement would be something like this:

|____________3|
|______2______|
|1____________|
|.\o/...............|

|____________3|
|______2______|
|.......\o/.........|

|____________3| => MISS!
|.............\o/...|
Original doubletime bug post
There are two problems with hyperdashes and doubletime ...

- First off, when a song have hyperdashes without mods, some of them dissapear when you play with doubletime, and most of them are uncatchable.
- In a second place we have the hyperdashes even when you play with dt, most of them are uncatchable too.

I have an example, please play this map with doubletime: http://puu.sh/13QUy

As you can see the first jump doesn't have hyperdash and is perfectly catchable, in the second jump we had an hyperdash which dissapeared with the doubletime, but it is still catchable; the third jump had an hyperdash too, but it isn't catchable with doubletime, and in the last jump we have an hyperdash even with dt, which is impossible to catch ...

discuss please.
VelperK
Yeah.
ayiku
I noticed this too.
it's a bit sad because a lot insane maps aren't fc-able.. (maybe it's just my lack of skill)
so DT is kind of a mod just for hard maps to me.
DontTalkwithMir

ayiku wrote:

I noticed this too.
it's a bit sad because a lot insane maps aren't fc-able.. (maybe it's just my lack of skill)
Not always, as long as they don't have hyperdashes they're fcable.

I would appriciate that too because it would make some individuality at scores again and more competition.
ayiku

DontBrownieMir wrote:

ayiku wrote:

I noticed this too.
Not always, as long as they don't have hyperdashes they're fcable.

I would appriciate that too because it would make some individuality at scores again and more competition.
yes.. but actually most insane maps have hyperdashes, don't they?
or maybe just my choice of maps :D
Laharl
Then play the maps with NC instead of DT. Maybe the impossible jumps willl vanish. =D

Okay. I don't play DT, so this doesn't affect me anyway. But sure, why not.
MrSake
Yeah, this is very annoing bug, because there are so many insane maps which would be nice and fun to play with DT, but cannot be fc'd (or is ridiculously hard) because of this bug :(

Laharl wrote:

Then play the maps with NC instead of DT. Maybe the impossible jumps willl vanish. =D
It's same with NC
laport
making this gimmick called ctb ranked is bringing more work than anyone could have foreseen
Mercurial
This error appears 'cause with DT the plate moves more fast than No node, and supposedly by salad! (Catch the beat tester) the map is still FCable.
MillhioreF
as a note, this same bug makes hyperfruit more lenient in half time (hyperfruit appear even when fruits are catchable normally, and they take you under the next fruit early). if you fix that aspect, please make halftime worth more points, as the reduced hyperfruit difficulty is the only reason 95% of players use halftime!
Topic Starter
eldnl

Mercurial wrote:

This error appears 'cause with DT the plate moves more fast than No node, and supposedly by salad! (Catch the beat tester) the map is still FCable.
The catcher is faster but isn't enough, please play the map that I put as an example and FC it, if you can you win \o/
Whatever, peppy will not say anything?
You need robofingers, but none of the jumps in DT are really impossible, just too hard for humans.
Topic Starter
eldnl

119410501 wrote:

You need robofingers, but none of the jumps in DT are really impossible, just too hard for humans.
Why do you said that? Please give me a map that you FC'ed with "impossible" jumps with dt and I will believe in you.
Or FC the map that I give to you, should be easy because it is possible for you ...
MillhioreF

119410501 wrote:

i put a bot to eldnl's map... it caught the edge of the first fruit on the very last pixel and still couldn't catch the next one
Topic Starter
eldnl

MillhioreF wrote:

119410501 wrote:

i put a bot to eldnl's map... it caught the edge of the first fruit on the very last pixel and still couldn't catch the next one
Thanks xD

hacker \o/
Deif

eldnl wrote:

119410501 wrote:

Why do you said that? Please give me a map that you FC'ed with "impossible" jumps with dt and I will believe in you.
Or FC the map that I give to you, should be easy because it is possible for you ...
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/40460?m=2 <-- For example. Both last HDashes dissapear, but it's still FCable (and I was too dumb to do it orz).
http://osu.ppy.sh/p/beatmap?b=59023&m=2 <-- In this case there are some more HDashes that dissapear and kenji was able to do it.
Topic Starter
eldnl
Seems like you didn't read anything ... I'm not saying that every Hdash is impossible with dt, I said most of them ...
XEPCOH
First. Double time increases the speed of map by 1,5x, not by 2x.
Second. Ryuuta moves in 2x speed, so... PROBLEM?

EDIT 1: HalfTime decreases speed of map by 0,75x, not by 0,5x.
Ryuuta moves in 0,5x speed so many hyperdashes appear.

This is not a bug of speed. This is a bug of mods naming.

EDIT 2: DoubleTime needs double speed of reaction to catch even unvanished hyperdashes so most of them are uncatchable as player hasn't got enough reaction to pass it.
Topic Starter
eldnl

Don Omar wrote:

First. Double time increases the speed of map by 1,5x, not by 2x.
Second. Ryuuta moves in 2x speed, so... PROBLEM?

EDIT 1: HalfTime decreases speed of map by 0,75x, not by 0,5x.
Ryuuta moves in 0,5x speed so many hyperdashes appear.

This is not a bug of speed. This is a bug of mods naming.

EDIT 2: DoubleTime needs double speed of reaction to catch even unvanished hyperdashes so most of them are uncatchable as player hasn't got enough reaction to pass it.
Are you an idiot or something? the thing that you pointed out has nothing to do here, the point is that most of the Hdash jumps are impossible, and for now, no one can say otherwise, because you just talk, but let me see if you can do these jumps ....
Shiirn
Calling people stupid doesn't improve your arguement.

However, I have presented these bugs to the dev team (and peppy directly) as a whole multiple times with multiple avenues of examples and multiple suggestions on how to fix it and have seen it thrown instantly into the "put it off forever" pile, so I wouldn't hold my breath on it getting fixed.

Ever.
show more