forum

[resolved] Autohotkey

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Canary
I had working accident a while ago where my bands got injured. Since that accident i'm not able to move my fingers fast enough to stream properly, i did a little bit of research and found a autohotkey script that would allow me to play with 3 finger instead of 2. Is such script allowed to use or not?
Peyturtle
Don't quote me on this, but I don't think 3rd party scripts are rankable. You should just try to ease your self into it, don't force yourself to play.
Topic Starter
Canary
Guess i have to play offline then, sadly im not able to stream 4* maps with 2 keys. But i think i heared something that this script is allowed, i just dont find anything atm that approves it. Let's just wait and see what a supporter gonna say about it. I just hope that it is allowed so im still able to achieve some nice scores.
Axel
A supporter doesn't have the say in the rules.. And i doubt that would be allowed. That would make you gain an advantage.
Dntm8kmeeatu
If it does anything for you, it's not allowed. And they way you are wording it makes it seem like it's basically cheating.

Also, if you are talking about a script that changes Keyboard keys to mouse keys, that doesn't really even work either. K1 and K2 are technically the same inputs as M1 and M2 and you can still only use 2. So using more than 2 keys doesn't even really work.

Remember this for a quick answer: Does it take the human element out of the game? It's not allowed.
Do you have to ask if it's cheating? If so, it probably is, and don't do it.
Topic Starter
Canary
Well it wont take out the human element, i was wondering, because in the rules its no macros allowed.

As far i understand a macro is a hotkey for a pattern, like: if key pressed, press 30x xy with 140ms delay or something like that.
And a Script is giving me a hotkey for an action, like: if key1 pressed, press key2.

And i found the thread i was talking about where its saying that this kind of script is allowed https://www.reddit.com/r/osugame/comments/4hvphc/four_finger_play_not_considered_cheating/

The script i would use..
Pause Off
#IfWinActive osu!
#NoEnv ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
SendMode Input ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir% ; Ensures a consistent starting directory.

/*
If a key is released, make it pressable by resetting the press value to 0,
if all 3 keys are released, release the keys ingame
*/

; Button 3 released.
e Up::
press3 = 0
if(press1 == 0 && press2 == 0 && press3 == 0){
SendInput {a Up}
SendInput {s Up}
}
return

; Button 2 released
w Up::
press2 = 0
SendInput {a Up}
SendInput {s Up}
}
return

; Button 1 released
q Up::
press1 = 0
SendInput {a Up}
SendInput {s Up}
}
return

/*
If a key is pressed, check if it wasn't already pressed and if not swap the pressed key ingame,
this way pressing any of the 3 keys guarantees that a keypress is generated.
*/

; Called whenever a key should be pressed ingame.
click()
{
global lastKey
if(lastKey == 1){
SendInput {s Down}
SendInput {a Up}
lastKey = 2
}
else {
SendInput {a Down}
SendInput {s Up}
lastKey = 1
}
}

/*
If one of the 3 keys is pressed, check if it was already pressed and if not, press a key ingame.
*/

e::
if (press3 != 1)
{
press3 = 1
click()
}
return

w::
if (press2 != 1)
{
press2 = 1
click()
}
return

q::
if (press1 != 1)
{
press1 = 1
click()
}
return
Flanster
It is basically gaining an advantage via external software. If its not a conventional K1+K2+M1+M2 this isn't playing fair.
Topic Starter
Canary
Thanks for the reply.
Well need to play offline then.
Thank you everyone for taking your time. :)
hetisnietgay
I'm sorry for necroing.
Death

hetisnietgay wrote:

I'm sorry for necroing, but I really feel like I should add this: https://www.reddit.com/r/osugame/comments/4hvphc/four_finger_play_not_considered_cheating/

So you can definitely bind another keyboard key to M1 and play/stream with 3 fingers, but it won't work very well.
This reddit post was already linked in this thread and it has also already been mentioned that it won't work well.
show more