forum

TOMOSUKE - Macuilxochitl

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Charles445
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Sunday, February 26, 2012 at 3:59:23 PM

Artist: TOMOSUKE
Title: Macuilxochitl
Source: jubeat ripples
Tags: contemporary piano [Shalon]
BPM: 148
Filesize: 3280kb
Play Time: 01:40
Difficulties Available:
  1. [Shalon]'s Jubeataiko (4.78 stars, 628 notes)
  2. Another (4.95 stars, 401 notes)
  3. Extra (5 stars, 513 notes)
  4. Hyper (4.75 stars, 248 notes)
  5. Normal (3.12 stars, 138 notes)
Download: TOMOSUKE - Macuilxochitl
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Stream Challenge!
dkun
dear sir 445,
this map is so not you, and is fucking hard, but I love you for mapping it because it's sexy! have a star.
sincerely, dkun
fartownik
Man, this is epic. Please finish the set, don't let these awesome streams grave.
Topic Starter
Charles445

fartownik wrote:

Man, this is epic. Please finish the set, don't let these awesome streams grave.
Alright. Just whipped out a Normal and did some touch-ups on Another and Extra. Since you offered to make a Hyper, I'll wait for you to finish it (thanks, by the way).

To Mathias: If you're still here you can make any difficulty you want, but you don't have to since me and fartownik will complete the set.
chickgod
nice,i like it
Topic Starter
Charles445
Main difficulties are all done! Waiting on [Shalon] for the taiko.
Spread looks bad but it's not I promise :(
[Shalon]
Topic Starter
Charles445
Hey [Shalon], here's my personal mod of your taiko.

The two below must be changed.
  1. 00:25:490 (163,164,165,166,167,168,169,170,171,172,173,174,175) - These really shouldn't be 1/3 or 1/6. It doesn't fit with the music and is really really awkward to play. These need to be changed. Just move them back onto the blue tick and they will work.
  2. 00:28:936 (181,182,183) - Same with these.

These next ones are just suggestions
  1. 01:09:847 (461,462,463,466,467,468,469) - Make these finishes?

EDIT: I'm going to move the 1/3 and 1/6 back to the blue tick because honestly that's how they should be. I will leave the finishes up to you.
If you have a problem with me doing that, let me know D:
[Shalon]
Oops, what I did.. sorry to bother you :(
Topic Starter
Charles445

[Shalon] wrote:

Oops, what I did.. sorry to bother you :(
Eh? Nah don't worry about it it's not a problem
fartownik
hi there, my mod as promised

[Extra]

01:03:868 (2,3) - Kind of now what I expected to play here. I guess you could change these repeats into single 1/4 sliders, that'd follow the background claps even more.
01:07:111 (2,3) - Same thing.
01:10:861 (2) - Why not just a single circle here? The double doesn't really follow the instrument in the background.

[Another]

Fine.

[Hyper]

The difficulty parameters are slightly too low for a Hyper. I guess you should use these.

00:15:628 (1) - Sounds at least weird. Also I'm not sure how to deal with it. You can end in at the current place of the repeat and add 3 notes later following the instrument or lengthen the slider and delete repeat so it ends on the red tick (00:17:047). You have plenty of possibilities.
00:17:250 (1) - If you used any of my advices from up, you should move this finger back by 1/4 so it follows the music.
00:54:138 (3) - End on the blue tick? Sounds better.
00:57:381 (4) - Same.
01:00:624 (3) - Same.
01:39:746 (3,1,2,3,4,1) - Just a suggestion. The music here is begging you to put some 1/4's. You might like to add some 1/4 sliders instead of the 1/2 circles, that'd be totally better.

[Normal]

Also here the OD and AR are too low. Raise them by 1 tick?

01:09:543 (1) - I guess you can just transform it into a 4-repeated slider. Won't make it much harder but will follow the beat better.
01:11:165 (1) - Same.
01:39:137 (1,2) - Again a bit weird. How about deleting the repeat from (1) and adding a circle on the red tick before the second slider?

Also I need you to find someone to check taiko, can't mod it well.
Great map, feel free to call me after fixes and taiko modding.
Topic Starter
Charles445

fartownik wrote:

hi there, my mod as promised

[Extra]

01:03:868 (2,3) - Kind of now what I expected to play here. I guess you could change these repeats into single 1/4 sliders, that'd follow the background claps even more. This part is meant to be a little relaxer to prepare for the next section (the extremely spaced out 1/4 jumps). The next section does pretty much the same thing. There's definitely a lot that can be done here, but I think I want to leave it like this
01:07:111 (2,3) - Same thing. This one's here just to be consistent. I m reluctant to change it.
01:10:861 (2) - Why not just a single circle here? The double doesn't really follow the instrument in the background.I have a reason for this! :D
It's all about polarity. This slider serves as a polarity bridge, or, a transition from something on the blue to something on the white. If I left it as just a circle, it would go from blue to white with nothing in between to help it. It basically makes the offbeat stuff not feel offbeat.
Other examples of polarity bridges include 00:30:220 (5), 00:37:821 (6), 00:39:341 (5), 00:45:828 (6), and finally 01:10:861 (2) - which is what we were discussing. All of those are there solely to correct polarity.
These little bridges help the player significantly, whether they realize it or not.
I used this technique when making Carlito, and it worked very well.

So, basically, the reason I want to have it be a slider is to make it a little more readable.

[Hyper]

The difficulty parameters are slightly too low for a Hyper. I guess you should use these.
Used a slight variation. Instead of 6 HP 7 AR 6 OD I used 5 HP 7 AR 5 OD

00:15:628 (1) - Sounds at least weird. Also I'm not sure how to deal with it. You can end in at the current place of the repeat and add 3 notes later following the instrument or lengthen the slider and delete repeat so it ends on the red tick (00:17:047). You have plenty of possibilities. I like how this slider matches the piano, so I made the ticks quieter. This keeps the focus on the slider without having that annoying tick tick at random
00:17:250 (1) - If you used any of my advices from up, you should move this finger back by 1/4 so it follows the music. Uh... not sure what you mean by this, I think the spinner is alright as it is.
00:54:138 (3) - End on the blue tick? Sounds better. I'm avoiding a confusing beat here.
00:57:381 (4) - Same. Same. The blue ticks wouldn't be isolated by a repeat slider.
01:00:624 (3) - Same. Same.
01:39:746 (3,1,2,3,4,1) - Just a suggestion. The music here is begging you to put some 1/4's. You might like to add some 1/4 sliders instead of the 1/2 circles, that'd be totally better. This hyper isn't supposed to be too difficulty, and I especially don't want to piss off the player at the end.

[Normal]

Also here the OD and AR are too low. Raise them by 1 tick?
Variation of that, just raised AR by 1. Star rating sucks

01:09:543 (1) - I guess you can just transform it into a 4-repeated slider. Won't make it much harder but will follow the beat better. When I was a beginner player these drove me absolutely nuts. It's way too hard to see the repeat for beginners - hell, most players don't even look for it anymore, they just guess. To a beginner, it's not something they do naturally.
01:11:165 (1) - Same. Same as above.
01:39:137 (1,2) - Again a bit weird. How about deleting the repeat from (1) and adding a circle on the red tick before the second slider? Yeah, I like that

Also I need you to find someone to check taiko, can't mod it well.
Great map, feel free to call me after fixes and taiko modding.
Made some changes, thanks! I'll call you back once I get a taiko mod or two and some more regular ones.
Rukario
Hey There^^

First of all, the mapping spread could be better, but I'm pretty sure you are aware of that.

[Hyper]
00:36:301 (1,2,3) - This spacing threw me off. Would you mind changing that around?

I actually don't have more to add. It's a pretty great mapset, but from what I can see no one checked the Taiko yet, so call me back after you got someone that thoroughly checked it.

EDIT: Nevermind me, I'm crazy. Bubbled.
Topic Starter
Charles445

Rukarioman wrote:

Hey There^^

First of all, the mapping spread could be better, but I'm pretty sure you are aware of that.

[Hyper]
00:36:301 (1,2,3) - This spacing threw me off. Would you mind changing that around?

I actually don't have more to add. It's a pretty great mapset, but from what I can see no one checked the Taiko yet, so call me back after you got someone that thoroughly checked it.
Wasn't expecting you to show up O_o
I got Backfire to check out the taiko, he said that it was alright. He didn't have anything to say about it as far as modding goes.
Spread seems bad but it actually isn't that bad. The Hyper really isn't that hard (only like, one stream)
ztrot
01:14:205 (4,5,6) - hyper: mild spacing change I'm not sure it was intended either.

00:07:926 (1,2,3) - Normal: slight spacing change in the pattern mind making it consistent.

[Shalon]'s Jubeataiko: not really keen on taikos but the red to blue ratio on this seems really off balance.

Another: nice new combo spam bro >.<b

Extra: I'd like to point out how you manage to make inconsistent spacing consistent here every time you go into a stream jump you make sure during that combo the spacing stays what you have changed it to be for that combo making this fun and challenging to play but not a guessing game on how much the spacing is going to change each note. good work man.

fix up the goof ups on normal and hyper and we can rank this bad boy.
Topic Starter
Charles445
Changed all, and removed a hitsound on Extra that was misplaced.
ztrot
good enough for me ranked ~
DaxMasterix
Normal -''JUMP'' - Hyper
Standard players cry..

Congrazt for the ranked \o/
dNextGen
gotta be the best map youve ever made so far
theowest
too bad it ain't sprosive. :v

http://osu.ppy.sh/s/40371
show more