forum

[Archived] Huge latency and framedrops on powerful system

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
AtorCZ
Hi,
for quite a while I'm having quite major problem with my osu! client. I'm experiencing heavy latency drops and frame drops. Sometimes my framerates are not even achieving 240fps. I even stopped playing osu! due to this issue but I'd love to come back again, so I started the game and the problem still persists.

https://clips-media-assets.twitch.tv/27023532160-offset-1656.mp4#t=0
Here you can clearly see that even with my locked framerate on 120fps the latency still bumps significantly. (Don't mind my overreaction after failing the attempt)
I was used to have 0,64ms (or how low you can get on unlucked framerate) stable (max 0,9ms).

PC:
Intel Core i7 6700
Gigabyte GeForce® GTX 1070 G1 Gaming 8GD5
Corsair Vengeance RAM DDR4 2133MHz 8GB x2 (16gb total)
Seagate Desktop HDD 2TB (osu! location)
Crucial_CT256MX100SSD1 256GB (system drive)

I don't know what else should I provide but if you need anything (logs or whatever) just ask.
Tobias Leander
Hello there

for when you are using obs.
go to settings in obs, advanced, then set process priority to high, this can fix lag spikes and latency issues when you use obs.

heres some stuff you can try, to prevent lag.
  • 1) make sure your computer isnt overheating this will cause lag spikes, mabye open your compuer and look if there any dust and stuff that might cause the problem, or check if your fans are malfunctioning.

2) make sure your cpu isnt going on 100%, if so close any unnecessary programs running in the background.

3) make sure to have atleast 10gb of storage in the drive u installed osu on.

4) disable any overlays like Steam, Discord or anyother FPS overlay program.

5) make sure your drivers are up to date by updating to the newest versions.

6) run on unlimited fps, this will lower your ms 'only run unlimited fps if your computer can support it'

if none of the things above helped try to run your osu in compatibility mode, this can fix some issues but if not just leave it off
Topic Starter
AtorCZ

Tobias Leander wrote:

Hello there

for when you are using obs.
go to settings in obs, advanced, then set process priority to high, this can fix lag spikes and latency issues when you use obs.

heres some stuff you can try, to prevent lag.
  • 1) make sure your computer isnt overheating this will cause lag spikes, mabye open your compuer and look if there any dust and stuff that might cause the problem, or check if your fans are malfunctioning.

2) make sure your cpu isnt going on 100%, if so close any unnecessary programs running in the background.

3) make sure to have atleast 10gb of storage in the drive u installed osu on.

4) disable any overlays like Steam, Discord or anyother FPS overlay program.

5) make sure your drivers are up to date by updating to the newest versions.

6) run on unlimited fps, this will lower your ms 'only run unlimited fps if your computer can support it'

if none of the things above helped try to run your osu in compatibility mode, this can fix some issues but if not just leave it off

I forgot to mention that spikes are happening even with OBS turned off. Furthermore spikes are even worse when having unlimited framerate (0.6ms up to 2.5ms every 2-7 seconds).

1) This is very okay. Under synthetics load temps are around 60°C
2) Even while streaming CPU load is at around 50% max.
3) Over 100gb free
4) All overlays are disabled.
5) Always up to date
6) covered that one
Compatibility mode didn't help either

Thanks for help but this is not solution to my problem.
Tobias Leander
Sorry to hear that

Try to read this post t/42149
mabye some of the stuff in there might help you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------