forum

I've stopped improving!?(need tips)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
arzi
It seems like I've completely stopped improving in Osu!
I'm stuck on 3-3.8 star beatmaps for weeks. I can do jumps and doubles pretty good on most maps(streams are a nightmare :cry: ) How difficult is the transition to 4 star, how long will it take? Any tips would be greatly appreciated. :D
pandaBee
Play more
Topic Starter
arzi

pandaBee wrote:

Play more
Theres that accursed sentance I was hoping I wouldn't see, I play at least 4 hours a day.
kartonrealista

GodTenzai wrote:

pandaBee wrote:

Play more
Theres that accursed sentance I was hoping I wouldn't see, I play at least 4 hours a day.
Which would imply that you played for eight days, judging from your play time. If you spend a lot of those four hours on the song selection screen that time doesn't help you improve, y'know.
Be a little bit more patient, you've barely played the game.
KupcaH
Download a lot of 3*-3.9* maps and play all of them without retrying/quitting.
- e - v - b-

KupcaH wrote:

and play multi lobbies to go with it
Fxjlk
Experience the game in with different perspectives. Visualize movement and aspects of it with a different focus
Topic Starter
arzi

KupcaH wrote:

sooo. want to recommend some? ;)
Vuelo Eluko
You really don't play enough even if you feel like you do
When you do play you tend not to challenge yourself, as evident by the most played diffs in your historical
Low star mod farmer, as evident in the top ranks
Basically you've done the exact opposite of everything this guy did right t/698518

Sorry to be blunt but if you come here with such a thread with so little experience there's not much else to say; there's nothing to work with here. You are still a novice. Rejoice in it though, for your playing habits are not yet cemented, you are yet wet clay that can mold yourself into someone with as few bad playing habits as possible. People who have been playing a long time are a lot more limited in this regard, according to Happystick and it's something I believe to be true as well. Refer to my post in the thread I linked for some advice on what to do next.
Sancteria
You can open maps that you are quite decent on in the editor, click on edit and safe as new map and keep all the circles of the map.
Now you can adjust the difficulty, setting the AR to 9 and the CS to 4 since most 4* maps and above are AR9 and CS4, this way you can get used to the faster AR without burning your brain with faster and more complex patterns.

In order to improve, you have to step outside of your comfort zone.
ManuelOsuPlayer

pandaBee wrote:

Play more
Topic Starter
arzi

xxjesus1412fanx wrote:

You really don't play enough even if you feel like you do
When you do play you tend not to challenge yourself, as evident by the most played diffs in your historical
Low star mod farmer, as evident in the top ranks
Basically you've done the exact opposite of everything this guy did right t/698518

Sorry to be blunt but if you come here with such a thread with so little experience there's not much else to say; there's nothing to work with here. You are still a novice. Rejoice in it though, for your playing habits are not yet cemented, you are yet wet clay that can mold yourself into someone with as few bad playing habits as possible. People who have been playing a long time are a lot more limited in this regard, according to Happystick and it's something I believe to be true as well. Refer to my post in the thread I linked for some advice on what to do next.
Most helpful, Thanks! :)
Topic Starter
arzi

Sancteria wrote:

You can open maps that you are quite decent on in the editor, click on edit and safe as new map and keep all the circles of the map.
Now you can adjust the difficulty, setting the AR to 9 and the CS to 4 since most 4* maps and above are AR9 and CS4, this way you can get used to the faster AR without burning your brain with faster and more complex patterns.

In order to improve, you have to step outside of your comfort zone.
Great idea, Thanks! :)
Semaphia

GodTenzai wrote:

KupcaH wrote:

sooo. want to recommend some? ;)
That's the space I'm currently occupying, so I've no problem sharing what I've been playing :)

This map is a lot of fun. Nothing too fast, but long, and plenty good for building up consistency (which is why I keep bottling the FC deep into the song :( ): https://osu.ppy.sh/b/277970?m=0

I also like this a lot. Jumps are more fun to me than crazy ZXZXZXZ combos, and this has a real nice pace to it: https://osu.ppy.sh/b/722238?m=0

This is probably one of the easier 3* maps I've tried, but it's still very fun to play: https://osu.ppy.sh/b/1062409?m=0

There's also a few really good Kyary Pamyu Pamyu beatmaps if you're into J-POP at all.