forum

[resolved] osu! closed(?) after I opened other window

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Rikii
I was playing multiplayer with some other guys and i wanted to check their profile.
It brings me to browser like usual, BUT this time I can't find osu! in my taskbar and my systemtray even though I could still hear the music playing in the background.
I looked up for it in the task manager. Hey its there, but it says it consumes 0% of cpu power, which is pretty weird. So I closed osu! and able to play again.

But everytime I open browser or dektop while playing osu!, I'm back to square one.
Any help? >:( >:( >:(
Dntm8kmeeatu
Does pressing Alt+Tab not show osu! ?
Topic Starter
Rikii

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

Does pressing Alt+Tab not show osu! ?
No it doesn't. Nor windows+tab.
Dntm8kmeeatu
That's extremely odd behaviour.

Does it also not show up in System Tray Icons? (Make sure to check hidden Icons as well)
Topic Starter
Rikii

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

That's extremely odd behaviour.

Does it also not show up in System Tray Icons? (Make sure to check hidden Icons as well)
Unfortunately it doesn't.
Dntm8kmeeatu
I can easily say I've never heard of such a thing.

I guess you can try repairing osu!, not sure if it will do anything.

Hold shift when launching the osu! executable if you keep holding it, a special menu should appear, from there, select repair osu!

I really don't have anything else to say.
Topic Starter
Rikii

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

Hold shift when launching the osu! executable if you keep holding it, a special menu should appear, from there, select repair osu!
It worked! Thanks, now I can enjoy the game again.
Dntm8kmeeatu
I'll be honest.

I can't believe that actually worked.
Topic Starter
Rikii

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

I'll be honest.

I can't believe that actually worked.
I've been searching for other problem like mine, but it was no good. Until you told me about executing the app while holding Shift key.
Anyway thank you.